PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's 6.1 ROMs v. 1.7 Build 21051

Haven't used a 6.1 ROM for a while. I would suggest Adryn's 3.8.1base. It'll have no bells or whisles, just speed. I'm using the regular version with the bells and whisles and it's blazing fast! The 6.5 start menu is nice too if your not going to use titanium.

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

replica9000 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to replica9000

I found this little program useful when I had my Moto Q, and when I tried it on my i910 with the original ROM it didn't work right (screen stopped rotating when activated). I just tried it again on the v1.6 ROM and it appears to work fine now.

It's called Candlelight, it turns the back light off so the screen isn't horribly bright at night time. Maybe someone else here will find it useful as well.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Candlelight.CAB (5.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 910 + WTF ever crack Adryns dealing today!
Carrier: Verizon

Morkai AlMandragon is becoming a great contributor

is the cab listed on that thread supposed to be the SRS wow files and a fix? Or just a fix for another cab? If its the latter, which cab did you use to start with to get your sound improvements?
Old 06-21-2009, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkai AlMandragon View Post
is the cab listed on that thread supposed to be the SRS wow files and a fix? Or just a fix for another cab? If its the latter, which cab did you use to start with to get your sound improvements?
I'm assuming you were referring to my post. The cab on the thread I posted is a fix for the SRS Wow.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work

Love the ROM Adrynalyn! My Omnia's running better now than it was out of the box!

Couple of questions though...

1) On the date format: Is there a way to change it from UK format (day/month/year) to US format (month/day/year)? It's showing up as UK format in all file explorers as well as in Mobile Shell.

2) Any way to do screen lock without the Samsung Dialer? I sort of like having the screen lock during a call, to keep me from accidentally starting a program. But, I like the look of the dialer in your ROM.

3) When I go into the Settings screen, I only get 2 vertical rows of icons instead of the standard 3. I assume this has something to do with the width of the scroll bar, but is it normal or is something messed up with mine? (I can post a screen shot if you need me to).
Old 06-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

1) I believe the setting is under regional settings but not positive.
2) Try smart lock, it works and looks nice, but may cause some issues.
3) yes it has to do with the scroll bar width.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Ra View Post
1) I believe the setting is under regional settings but not positive.
2) Try smart lock, it works and looks nice, but may cause some issues.
3) yes it has to do with the scroll bar width.
1) It was in Regional Settings. Thanks!

2) I don't like smart lock. With as much free memory as Adrynalyn's got out of his ROMs, I may re-enable the Samsung dialer just to get the screen lock.

3) I figured it did. Not a show stopper with me. No biggie.

But, I've run into a glitch I guess in relation to issue #2 (no screen lock on phone calls). Yesterday I called a friend and the call was going to voicemail. It's one of those voicemail systems that tell you to press 1 to leave a message, 2 to page, 3 to leave a call back number, etc, etc, etc. Well, I was going to press one of the options, but I noticed the screen was blank. I had to press the middle optical mouse button (I'm on an Omnia) to waken the screen, but then the voicemail system would not recognize my input.

I tested it out with a couple of other systems (credit card companies, banks, etc) and got the same result. If I press the optical mouse to activate the screen, it appears the buttons on the dialer aren't working.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:15 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

The dialer should be working fine...

You didnt install a different one, did you?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
The dialer should be working fine...

You didnt install a different one, did you?
The dialer itself is working fine. But when I'm on a call and the screen goes off, how do I wake it back up? If I press the sensor button, the screen wakens but no key presses register with the system. They register on the phone, but the system I am calling into does not register the keypresses.

EDIT - I forgot to mention...I REALLY like the zoom bar and also the task manager. Any way using that ask manager to get the programs to close rather than minimize?

Last edited by volsmcfalls; 06-26-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:12 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I dont think the Acer task manager can do that.

Press the top button to turn the screen back on. Alternately, you could set the screen to not turn off during calls in power options.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development