PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 03:42 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs v. 1.1

ROMs updated. Check posts 1 and 2 for release notes.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

Lienus is just getting started
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXELDENT View Post
Thanks Omega Ra. All went very well. The download executed without a hitch. Now I'd like to know how I utilize the GPS now that it's unlocked. Also, I find that if I go into "phone" and try to get out of it by tapping "ok", nothing happens. You're locked into that screen unless you tap "settings" and try to go into something else. Is this a known "bug" with this ROM? Also, what about downloading Mobile Shell 3. How does it work with this ROM?
Woot, glad you got it working. I use Mobile Shell 3 and it's awesome, I love it. You should definitely try it out.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

cmanbrooks is a n00b
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPosTech View Post
It sounds like you tried flashing with an almost discharged battery. With an almost dead battery the phone can attempt a boot only with a high current connection, which the USB cable is not. I doubt if the charge circuit is enabled at this point.

Do you have a friend with an i910? If so, charge your battery on his phone/charger then flash with the CC20 leaked Rom.

Worth a shot.

Ted
Thanks Ted. Seems like you were right about my battery . Charged it on his, flashed the beta ROM to it, but still get stuck on the omnia screen. The beta ROM is 0.9 correct or did I just have a complete stroke of boarderline retardation.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

NO, the beta ROM is the CC20 ROM. You need that before flashing to any cooked ROM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Lurker

leongs is a n00b

Update: Received replacement. Installed Beta rom, works great. I'm hestitating upgrading flash with 1.0.
After the Beta upgraded the laptop prompt message that the device is fast speed USB and recomends using high speed USB port and shows the available USB ports. I don't know how to setup properly and has no confidence to proceed with flashing 1.0
The last time flash that brick my 1910 must be the slow USB port I guess.
Guru - Please give me directions for 1.0 flashing. I'm using XP windows.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

if you are getting that message that most likely means that you don't have any usb 2.0 slots. Is that the only computer you have? if you have a newer XP comp then I would try that, but if that is the only one you have then you may be stuck. The method is the same except for clicking PDA instead of unified image.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

SO i noticed a bug on the m2d 1.0. Something is a miss with youtubeplay as every attempt to play a video gives me this error message "Failed to get youtube security cookie"

I installed youtubeplay from a cab on top of the rom install and it fixed the problem. I noticed a couple extra files in the youtubeplay directory when done, but I have no clue what ones are the new ones.

fyi
Old 04-30-2009, 01:30 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Fixed in 1.1.1.

Check post number 2. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Lurker

bkd11 is a n00b

Hey Adrynalyne,

I thought I would give you a follow up of my bluetooth issues. After flashing back and forth between your roms and the stock one 5 or 6 times, I decided to try out Wozzer's rom. With his I was able to access my phonebook and use the file transfer service just like the stock rom. So I don't know what's different about yours. With your rom I have no problem beaming a file out. Also headset feature works fine too. But trying to access files on the phone from an outside source seems to be the problem. I'm attaching a screen shot from my computer. The items that I circled are not available with your rom. I don't know if these issues are just related to the hardware in my phone since nobody else has complained. I just wanted to report what I found out.

Kind of sucks because I like everything else about your rom better. But I need to be able to have working bluetooth. Hopefully when the official rom comes out I won't have these issues with your rom, if you make one that is.

Anyways, keep up the good work!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bluetooth.jpg (15.9 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:18 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

I can't see enough of that attachment for it to be much use.

Do you have Office installed?

Install it from the repo on the first page, if not.

Also, I will attach the bluetooth files I removed. I can't imagine them helping...but perhaps.

Extract the files to \Windows.

What are the chances you are using a non-english OS, in your car?
Attached Files
File Type: zip BT_Test_Files.zip (18.3 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development