View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 AM
gruven98
PPCGeeks Regular

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

.....i took the plunge yesterday after getting the little one from school, and before the wife got home from work. (ya'll married fellers know what i'm talkin' about)

Big A, this ROM is awesome and a big thanks!!!!! the space that i have available even after installing all my junk is killer and the response time for this ROM is really quick.

my n00b report:

ROM: 1.0 base
Flash time: 'bout 15 minutes

Software installed: (all confirmed working excellent)
1. Spb Shell 2.X (w/imarche skins)
2. Spb Diary
3. PhonEx
4. Memmaid
5. Resco Backup
6. Resco Explorer
7. Mobile Office (re-installed from cab)
8. Viigo RSS
9. Vito SoundExplorer
10. Drugwars
11. Bookworm
12. Pocket Uno
13. Bejeweled 2
14. Google mobile (confirmed gps)
15. Live mobile (confirmed gps)
16. Calculator (re-installed from cab)

n00b Helpfuls:

1. it's been mentioned in here a 1000s times and it's even in Big A's sig.... backup, backup, backup. I was able to restore my contacts and appointments without an issue. if you don't want to pay for it, at least download Resco, and use the trial period right before you flash.

2. i enjoy writing instructions for peeps and i like to write them so that if my 6 year old can do it, anyone can do it. having said that, the only thing that i would add in the first post would be to make sure that in active sync, you uncheck "allow usb connections" under connection settings. then just follow the rest of the instructions to flash

3. i had to change my rotation settings from manual to auto, so if you notice that you're screen isn't rotating after the flash, check your screen settings.

4. if you're looking for missing software, check the first post. there is a link to all the files that came with your original rom from verizon.

other than that, this flash went great and again, i would like to thank Adrynalyne for putting this together for all of us.

with the group of folks that we have here for help with our omnia's, it sure makes learning fun and i know that i have a long way to go to understand this stuff. sometimes it's easier to simplify things after reading so many posts about a subject