PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

aspalaasn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by unr View Post
I had it installed for a few days but every time I ran the program it would reset my clock. Also, I always use Google Maps to prime and after a reboot it always connects in < min. However, after installing iGO8 it would take several minutes or never connect to a satellite at all. Then, while using iGO8 it would drop satellites and says "gps lost" and normally it would reconnect in a couple secs but not always.

The program is really nice but after dropping satellites (tomtom *never* had) and the extra time to find a signal to begin with plus resetting my clock... I had to restore a backup before the installation. Everything seems back to normal now for me.

Thats too bad because it seemed much nicer than tomtom.
There is a fix for the tiemzone change on the igo site, you have to do something to the sys.txt.

Try the link that dumb4ever has in his post, it's much better than the way I was doing it as it seemed to solve my incoming call problems. This will prime your gps and also allow you to lock on satellites faster. I use it with tomtom and now with garmin.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Fierofiend is just getting started

I was just made aware of this in the other GPS thread. Uncheck auto timezone stuff and your timezone won't reset. I didn't' have to mess with the sys file.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

how are yall getting this to work? it's appearing to me to be like a big puzzle, and when u think u've found the next piece.....oops, not there anymore. any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (CDMA)
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ckl_88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspalaasn View Post
argh...ok, so I've done further testing. On some occasions, few really (when I call myself, since I know I'm calling), I would get the incoming calls when I'm locked onto satellites with igo.

some other times, when I'm locked onto satellites, i can't get any calls. There was a couple of times it would vibrate once and then nothing. On the caller side, I would either go straight to voicemail or have the set number of rings then go to voicemail.

I don't really know what is causing it to interfere with the radio for incoming calls but it does. Now I'm wondering if that's the same with Tomtom and Garmin, may be it works sometimes and other times it doesn't.

Anyone notice this. I seem to be calling my own cell phone a lot to test it out. Most of the time I wouldnt even know since I'm not the one calling. What makes it worse is that I don't get any miss call notifications or voicemail notifications (not like the people calling me ever leave messages)...
I used to have this problem with Radio 335 and Ghettofreeryders V700 ROM. I have since moved to the stock alltell radio V337 and Mustan-tech's ROM and everything seems to work fine. I can make calls, receive calls, surf the web while navigating, and I even get Windows Live mail too... I even put the phone to sleep while navigating (via power button) for a good couple of minutes and then woke it up and Garmin said the GPS was off. A few seconds later, all the sats relocked on and the map updated to the new location.

I thought I replied to some of your posts in other threads regarding this problem and I thought you figured it out that it was Ghetto's ROM. Anyway, I'm using Garmin V4.20.20 set to COM4. I'm pretty much happy with it except the intermediate driver time reset problem.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifiling View Post
how are yall getting this to work? it's appearing to me to be like a big puzzle, and when u think u've found the next piece.....oops, not there anymore. any help would be appreciated.

I just pm you with the instructions and auto install version of iG08 pda version. Also the US maps, building, poi's, and 3d Terrain files. Attached are the speed cameras, and red light poi's
Attached Files
File Type: zip iGO8 redlight_Speed Camera_poi.zip (54.4 KB, 294 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mardukeme; 05-15-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Map locations
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
I just pm you with the instructions and auto install version of iG08 pda version. Also the US maps, building, poi's, and 3d Terrain files. Attached are the speed cameras, and red light poi's
Could you pm me this stuff too, I've been using the old version of Igo and it works awsome, but I would like to give this one a try. Thanks.
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE
Old 05-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
Could you pm me this stuff too, I've been using the old version of Igo and it works awsome, but I would like to give this one a try. Thanks.
I just pm'd you with the info.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

dumb4ever is just getting started

if anyone have collection of POI for US (specially California), please do PM me.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb4ever View Post
if anyone have collection of POI for US (specially California), please do PM me.

Thanks

You can download a bunch from here. http://www.poiplaza.com/
Old 05-15-2008, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

dumb4ever is just getting started

Thanks mardukeme, but one thing that i think is missing from iGO8 is the fuel price update, Garmin have those but i haven't seen it on iGO8 !!

or maybe someone knows something i dont ??

Thanks, any info greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue