PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

punkwhan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatnai View Post
I'll pm you when I get back to my desktop
Hi,
Could you PM me for Terrain?
Thanks.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

intersys is a n00b
Buildings File - California

Running IGO 8.3.2.80621 - Anyone know where I can get the buildings files for California?

Thnx
Old 04-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: a701

dreamworking is a n00b

Quote:
I only have problems with dropped satellites when I turn off AGPS, and usually it picks them back up within 20 secs (I am a sprint, USA user, I turn off AGPS when using iGO8 in Canada where I don't want to use data - TomTom won't get a lock for me in Canada with AGPS turned off). With AGPS turned on, I get a lock in 5 seconds or less, and rarely if ever lose GPS. AstroGPSLauncher is what I use, it is great.

The clock resetting issue is fixed if you simply turn of the settings in iGo that automatically update your phone clock to the GPS time server; also set the right time zone in iGO8.

For me, TomTom7 is only better for POIs, that's it. iGO8 has better graphics, UI, options, skins, and routes (for me). And I can use iGO8 out of the country, which is a plus.
Regarding the clock resetting, i have tried your instructions but still resets itself. Its really annoying.

After following your instructions i restarted igo and connecting the GPS and then Igo asked me "do you want to disable auto adjusting the timezone by connecting to the gps server?" (or something along those lines) to which i replied "yes". And then another menu came up asking me to select the right time zone which i then selected appropriate to my region (besides my region never needs timezone corrections anyway)

Please help. How should i avoid this resetting of clock after every softreset?

I use igo 8.0 update 55127. I use mio a701. Wince 5.2

Thanks
Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

joemike60 is just getting started

@273: Add the following lines to your sys.txt (on your device):

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0
Old 04-17-2009, 02:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: a701

dreamworking is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemike60 View Post
@273: Add the following lines to your sys.txt (on your device):

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

I have done as you said. There are two sys.txt's. The one in main memory (/program file/igo) and in storage card (/storage card/igo). I've added those lines into both.

Clock still resets.

Please give more ideas. I know there are lots of BRILLIANT minds here.

TIA
Old 07-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: sprint

Batman1992 is a n00b

where can i get tom tom or iGo8 for my htc touch
Old 05-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry
Carrier: verizon wireless

bobrcw is a n00b

[QUOTE=hideffer;307798]joemike60, download the file that bedoig posted in post #120 and add a line in the lex file:

"onto" = "ontoo"

I agree it sounds like "on tah" but with the above correction, it sounds better to me.

Thanks-
I added the line as "onto" = "on two"
It sounds correct to me now and it fixed both Susan and Dave.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So I am afraid to use this if it's not working for the vogue...

Can someone confirm?

Quote:
I have iGo8 8.3.1 running beautifully on my HTC vogue, with one and only one problem. If I try to use the "Power Management" setting "smart power save" where it dims the backlight automatically when no turn is approaching, my phone shuts off in line with the phone's native power feature and iGo never wakes it back up. If I disable the phone's native setting that turns off the screen, then the "smart power save" setting in iGo8 works great, dimming and undimming the screen appropriately, and the screen never turns off. With the "Power Management" setting in iGo8 to "backlight always on" the phone's native power settings are ignored and the backlight stays on, even if the phone is natively set to turn off the screen. The screen never dims in this iGo8 power mode. This makes me think that iGo8 is able to prevent the backlight from timing out and dimming, but not prevent the screen from shutting off.

Another individual over at gpsunderground.com was able to fix some power problems by setting the right phone name in his sys.txt. There is an htc.ini file in config/device/, also in data.zip, that specifies some power settings, however the gps settings included there are wrong for the vogue. I did try adding the power settings found there to my sys.txt, with no effect on my problem.

Is anyone with a Vogue able to run in "smart power save" WITHOUT changing your phone's native power setting to not turn off the screen?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Courtney, have you tried the new Bing that has been fixed to work on the Vogue?
Here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=11

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue