PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

I found another issue with iGo as well. Every time I start up iGo it changes the time on me to GMT London, Dublin. It also changes the time on the Windows clock as well.

I tried adding lines to the sys.txt file, but it has not solved it at all.

Edit: Solved it. The added lines Nav N Go has given for a fix work, but there is still a bug with the time I'm currently in which is Eastern. For some reason it keeps jumping a hour ahead in that setting. I changed it to the Indianapolis time zone and now it's display the correct time all the time. Ah well, I guess I shall be leaving my phone in the wrong time zone listing for the state I'm in for a couple months. I hope there isn't any glitches when I have to set it to Central later on.

Last edited by vaxick; 06-04-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

hideffer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I'm not sure what format the originals are saved in, but here is a sample of a more complete dictionary file. You should be able to open it with Wordpad/MS Word.
Thanks bedoig,

For some strange reason, I can open your lex file with wordpad/notepad but I have a similiar lex file of same size and date modified and was unable to open it. Yours looks like it has already been decrypted. Will try some experimentation with pronunciations now.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Edit: On a related note, how well do the high quality voices work for you Vogue users? They cause out of memory errors on my Mogul after a few minutes. The low quality TTS voices work OK, but there is a noticeable difference in audio quality.
Seemed to do fine on the high quality voices, but ram usage was at 97%.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
I found another issue with iGo as well. Every time I start up iGo it changes the time on me to GMT London, Dublin. It also changes the time on the Windows clock as well.

I tried adding lines to the sys.txt file, but it has not solved it at all.

Edit: Solved it. The added lines Nav N Go has given for a fix work, but there is still a bug with the time I'm currently in which is Eastern. For some reason it keeps jumping a hour ahead in that setting. I changed it to the Indianapolis time zone and now it's display the correct time all the time. Ah well, I guess I shall be leaving my phone in the wrong time zone listing for the state I'm in for a couple months. I hope there isn't any glitches when I have to set it to Central later on.
The fix for the timezone is this....it worked for me!

Put this in the sys.txt

[timezone]
reset_os_timezone=0
sync_os_timezone=0
Old 06-04-2008, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
The fix for the timezone is this....it worked for me!

Put this in the sys.txt

[timezone]
reset_os_timezone=0
sync_os_timezone=0
My time zone fix didn't solve it in the end and that that fix you posted which was released by Nav N Go as well does not solve it at all. It's really strange, if I set it to Indiana, it holds the time fine and lists it as my current actual time. When I reset my phone though, the Indiana time goes back to a hour below my actual time. Setting it to the Eastern Time Zone in iGo, quitting the program, and then starting it back up reverts the time to Dublin England.

If that fix is working for others maybe there is just something wrong with my copy of iGo?
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I got mine working without applying any fixes. Here's what I did:

In iGo, under Regional Settings, Time Settings, Set Time Zone to Eastern US and uncheck both boxes above. Then exit iGo, and go to Settings, System, Clock and Alarms, and make sure your Home is set to Eastern. Lastly, go to phone, settings, services, time synchronization, and make sure the box is checked for auto sync, and click update now.

I think I had to do that twice with a reboot in the middle, but I have not had a problem since (coming up on a week of regular use).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Simply using the in-program options (no sys.txt editing) worked for me as well.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP

UltramanV is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to UltramanV

I recieved the program but i cant seem to get it to work on the Touch... Its loaded and i see it in program file but when i run it the init screen comes up then gos away and back to the HTC screen....
Anyone run into this ?
Old 06-07-2008, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

hideffer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Edit: On a related note, how well do the high quality voices work for you Vogue users? They cause out of memory errors on my Mogul after a few minutes. The low quality TTS voices work OK, but there is a noticeable difference in audio quality.
bedoig, the high quality voices work just fine on the Vogue with no memory errors. Before I start iGO8, I am at 38MB memory used and after starting iGO8 with hi quality TTS Susan voice, I am using a total of 56MB of memory with 48MB free.

BTW, thank you again for the EnglishUs6.9.lex file. I have been able to modify it further to solve some annoying pronunciation errors. For example, Susan would say "four hundred five" for the 405 freeway instead of 4, 0, 5. I was able to changed the lex file to change the pronunciation of most of the freeways numbered above 100.

"405" = "four oh five"

If anyone is annoyed that the street name is not spoken whenever it is associated with a number, one can modify the lex file to change the number to a more familiar name.
For example:

Lakewood Blvd (19) TTS would says ---> "19" but changing the lex file to:

"19" = "Lakewood Boulevard", TTS will now say Lakewood Boulevard rather than the highway number.

One needs to be careful though. In California, Hwy 1 is the Pacific Coast Highway and when I put the following in the lex file:

"1" = "Pacific Coast Highway", it would work fine when I was on PCH but if any term with "1" needed to be spoken, such as turn right in "1" mile, it would say turn right in "Pacific Coast Highway" mile. LOL.

Last edited by hideffer; 06-07-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

joemike60 is just getting started

One quirk I haven't figured out how to correct is when Susan says to turn "onto" some road, it sounds like either "on the" or "onta" - have you figured out how to correct that?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue