PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

aspalaasn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

argh...ok, so I've done further testing. On some occasions, few really (when I call myself, since I know I'm calling), I would get the incoming calls when I'm locked onto satellites with igo.

some other times, when I'm locked onto satellites, i can't get any calls. There was a couple of times it would vibrate once and then nothing. On the caller side, I would either go straight to voicemail or have the set number of rings then go to voicemail.

I don't really know what is causing it to interfere with the radio for incoming calls but it does. Now I'm wondering if that's the same with Tomtom and Garmin, may be it works sometimes and other times it doesn't.

Anyone notice this. I seem to be calling my own cell phone a lot to test it out. Most of the time I wouldnt even know since I'm not the one calling. What makes it worse is that I don't get any miss call notifications or voicemail notifications (not like the people calling me ever leave messages)...

guess it's back to using something thing else.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: SprintTel

hi-tech is a n00b

IGo8 is sweet, yes for custom POIs, TTS, and very accurate, speed matched speed in car etc... and can load just the states you need. Routes pretty good so far.

I dont see what some of the other posters were saying about the Vogue GPS being "in accurate, or a novalty, toy etc..." compared to a external gps adapter. So far with igo8, or google maps, its right on par with my true location, and accurate up to speed.

I'm also comparing this to a in car GPS, (Escalade), they both choose totally diff routes at times. The TTS is not the best however (clarity wise). The Escalade GPS has street announcements beat in this department.

Edit: I'll test the incoming calls tomorrow. Did not get any calls today.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Sprint

nini1 is a n00b

Couldn't get the .dem file to work thus far but for me the building file works in downtown area when you pass by landmarks buildings for example.

BTW, what configuration do you use for the TMC? "1headhunter1" suggested to add the following to the sys.txt file :

[tmc]
port="COM,x" // <- x = port used by TMC (1,2,3,...)
source="yyy" // <- yyy = TMC protocol
gps_source=0
Old 05-14-2008, 05:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Need some help here. Although I said I would use Tomtom/Garmin instead, I'd still like to try iGO.

So this is the problem:
When I start iGO, and the GPS receiver, isn't connected, I can receive calls. When I connect GPS receiver, having locked onto satellites or may be not even, I can no longer receive incoming calls. Even when I exit iGO, I still cannot receive calls. I either have to reset my phone or I put it in airplane mode and then back to phone mode again.

I think someone the program interferes with the radio or something. This is a similar problem I had when I was with ghetto's rom where I could not get incoming calls while I had gps running, using tomtom, garmin, gps viewer or any programs that uses gps. The only thing different this time is that Tomtom, Garmin don't have the problem anymore. I can receive calls while I'm using them and locked onto satellites. It's only iGO that doesn't work.

Does anyone know if iGO interferes with the radio? The way I prime the gps is I search of the receiver, then I search for TMC and then go back to searching for the gps. I'm thinking maybe when I search for TMC it inactivates the radio or may be it forces it to stay on evdo or whatever and not allow it to go back to 1xRTT, which from what I read elsewhere is needed to receive calls/data. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm with Bell Mobility, in Vancouver, BC. Using a clean rom that I cooked up with the kitchen. I also did that ##778# hack from this site
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=360288
to make it so that I poll the station more frequently. That didnt help at all, still didnt get any incoming calls.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

lawsofpower48 is just getting started

i own a mogul and have a problem with igo8..... for some reason my phone does not detect my gps?? it says no gps found? nor can i locate the tmc.....help pleasE?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nini1 View Post
Couldn't get the .dem file to work thus far but for me the building file works in downtown area when you pass by landmarks buildings for example.

BTW, what configuration do you use for the TMC? "1headhunter1" suggested to add the following to the sys.txt file :

[tmc]
port="COM,x" // <- x = port used by TMC (1,2,3,...)
source="yyy" // <- yyy = TMC protocol
gps_source=0
I don't think TMC is there in Touch!!! It would be sweet if I can enable TMC as well because I have long commute to work and I have to use Live Search Traffic with iGo8. I like to have both in once place.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

"In the United States of America, XM Satellite Radio started transmitting TMC messages all over the US already whereas Sirius Satellite Radio announced it. Also Clear Channel and Tele Atlas have a TMC service, using FM-RDS in 77 US cities and three Canadian metropolitan areas."

Id assume thats because we have no way on our phones to receive TMC transmissions anyways- its transmitted over radio waves (FM). Its one thing on an in-car system built into the radio, but our phones dont have the receiver to get TMC signals as i understand it.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:48 PM
unr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / HTC Touch

unr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to unr

I had it installed for a few days but every time I ran the program it would reset my clock. Also, I always use Google Maps to prime and after a reboot it always connects in < min. However, after installing iGO8 it would take several minutes or never connect to a satellite at all. Then, while using iGO8 it would drop satellites and says "gps lost" and normally it would reconnect in a couple secs but not always.

The program is really nice but after dropping satellites (tomtom *never* had) and the extra time to find a signal to begin with plus resetting my clock... I had to restore a backup before the installation. Everything seems back to normal now for me.

Thats too bad because it seemed much nicer than tomtom.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

dumb4ever is just getting started

Here's a Solution for you guys using iGO8 !! AND NO it doesn't need GPS Gate
and PLEASE READ the readMe file, it just doesn't get any easier than this.

Credit to AstronusX for making AstroLauncher
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=364199

The launcher is basically a 2 in 1 shortcut, it launch Both the AstroLauncher AND the iGO8 at the same time.

http://www.dbhqs.com/dumb4ever <-- iGO8AstraLauncher.zip

Last edited by dumb4ever; 05-19-2008 at 09:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb4ever View Post
Here's a Solution for you guys using iGO8 !! AND NO it doesn't need GPS Gate
and PLEASE READ the readMe file, it just doesn't get any easier than this.

Credit to AstronusX for making AstroLauncher
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=364199

The launcher is basically a 2 in 1 shortcut, it launch Both the AstroLauncher AND the iGO8 at the same time.
I had astrolauncher already but didnt have a link. I tried this link and it solved my incoming call problems. I'll still be testing it. Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue