PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Titan) with WM6.1
Carrier: TNZ

deepsouthster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: Telecom NZ - Upgrade Issues (and fixs)

Damager,

I tried what you asked with my ESN - tried HEX and DEC - From an Okta Touch. No match to the NDR on the device.
I have a Titan that I copied the EPST from, but missed the HDR AUTh, and I'm in the same boat.
I actually found the QUALCOM HDR algo on the net, but can't see anyway around how this is calculated, as it states peices that can't be obtained.

If I could re-flash a WM5 Titan I would be so much better off with the knowledge I have gained.

PS: Did this for an Apache last year, and this issue never reared its head!
Apache with WM6 is great bar the fact you can't do GPS nor REV-a due to the chipset.

Recent Device History:
  • HTC Harrier
  • HTC Apache (6700) 'upg'd' to WM6
  • HTC Titan (6800) 'upg'd' to WM6.1
Old 08-20-2008, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (T7381 with 3G 850/2100)
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

Damager is becoming a great contributor
Re: Telecom NZ - Upgrade Issues (and fixs)

deepsouthster,

i also used to have an apache and youre right, absolutely no problems going from wm5 to wm6, all of the epst information carried over no problems so i was puzzled as to why the problems with the titan.

ive spent hours reading and it appears with the titan or touch radio rom flash, it wipes the important epst settings which of course are the hdr username and password. dcd's carrier cabs restore most of the settings.

the other part is this.. each carrier has a DMU key stored on the phone.. when an evdo authentication is attempted, the network checks for this dmu key and all going well, the hdr password field is automatically filled when authentication takes place.

in security under MIP default profile, this is where the dmy key is held, in mine its 0.. and with all of us in the same boat.. no hdr password, it means we all have a dmu key of 0. ive tried all sorts of places to find out what telecom's dmy key is.

there are other fields too called NAI, HA password and AAA shared secret. If all of these fields are populated then we dont need an HDR password.

ive read that each carrier has their own values to fill these fields but basically they are all generated from the esn.

naturally these values in MIP default profile arent relevant if we've pre recorded the password as authentication skips the default profile!

quite a learning curve and yes, would be great to reflash to wm5.. but as youve probably found out already, flashing from gps to non gps isnt recommended.. which means we have great wm6.1 os roms with gps and no evdo.. apparently telecom will do wm6 or 6.1 later this year and this came from a store rep who showed me his own modded titan! so we could wait.....

im still reading up and trying things but heck.. phone still runs sweet.. but i may just have to bite the bullet do a zeebob.. drop it into a store and note no evdo.. and incur a bill of $85 to reset the epst.

may score a touch also in the meantime
Old 08-27-2008, 04:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Titan) with WM6.1
Carrier: TNZ

deepsouthster is a n00b
Wink Re: Telecom NZ - Upgrade Issues (and fixs)

Damager,

Thanks ... feel the pain.
Have been through the exact same process as yourself.
If only I knew then what I knew then.
I did actually take screenshots of the EPST but the one screen I forgot to do was the one with the field I needed ...

Oh well ...

As to what you heard about 6.1 ... don't count you chickens ... rumor is that this was considered, but shelved. Seems to be a number of rumors doing the rounds.

Cao,

PS: I have done just that ... bit the bullet and off it went to be 'reset'!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

deepsouthster,

good luck! let me know how it goes, im still googling in the meantime..

funny though, i called into a leading edge shop today and gave the guy my titan and told him about the no evdo.. he had a play with it.. didnt say anything except to say call CTS (complex technical support) and ask for a network reset. i did a hard reset before i took it in and obviously the 6.1 rom has a green theme.. as opposed to the wm5 blue theme.. he didnt notice anything.. so im thinking he doesnt know much about the titan..

look forward to your results!
Old 09-01-2008, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just wondering if anyone with a Telecom Titan can describe what values they have in these screens please minus your esn naturally!

Enter the EPST first by going ##778 then push talk. Then hit "edit" to get the unlock screen then enter 482826 to get into your security settings.

Click on view info on the bottom left and you'll see a list of screens you can go into.

Then click on M.IP Default Profile and make a comparison with mine

This is my M.IP Default Profile Screen:

As far as im aware, the NAI is esn@evdo.jamamobile.co.nz.

Can someone please share the DMU Public key, HA Shared Secret and the AAA Shared Secret and MN Authenticator values? These values are generic and particular to the carrier.

Once i get these values then i can test with a soft reset or hard reset. hit airplane mode .. and then activate the phone again to see if evdo will authenticate.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

phillfone is a n00b

Don't these values come as part of the Titan carrier cab file on XDA developers forum? it was my impression that only the HDR username and password were the things that were cuasing the evdo problem? The guy at telegistics reckons that the new zealand titans are different and have no hardware GPS capability at all
Old 09-04-2008, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

The carrier cab contains only the programming code and the 1X username and password.

What happens is when a first time connection is made to evdo, the network verifies the settings in the M.IP Default Profile, these values generate the HDR password. Then the connection is successful.

During the rom flash, the M.IP Default settings are made generic with blank values in the carrier specific parts. The carrier cabs dont touch these at all i believe.

Theoretically, if you can connect to evdo, and you deleted the hdr password. then next time you attempt a data connection, youll still connect as the hdr password will be auto generated due to the correct values in M.IP Default Profile.

Naturally, youd be crazy to test it out without writing the password down
Old 09-10-2008, 07:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Okta Touch
Carrier: Telecom NZ

sun-drop is a n00b
Question Re: Telecom NZ - Upgrade Issues (and fixs)

Hey there, 1st post.

Okta-touch/HTC-vouge owner , and looking to flash it to winmo 6.1

read through threads here and over at geekzone.co.nz and have noted the HDR settings. so i should be good to go right?, following the guide.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979

but what rom should i use?

the official sprint HTC one?

http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...cat=2&dl_id=66

or is there a better one for people on TNZ .. i don't want a load of useless-to-me sprint specific stuff i guess.

saw some mention of carrier cab files that do some telecom specific settings too?

itiching to give this a try ... btw for any kiwis here, will rev.A give me much of a boost in speed down here in wellington?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Lurker

wudzi is a n00b

Which is the 'best' rom is a bit like asking who makes the best cars
I ran DHarvey's customisation of the Sprint rom for a while ( ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/dharvey4651/Vista%20ROMs%20V2.7.2%20and%20up/Sprint%20V2.9.6%20%2024MB%20PP.rar , but never managed to shake off evdo connection problems. Deleting the IOTA folder certainly helped though. Also, the Sprint customisations for mail and video are pretty irrelevant to us in NZ.
A couple of weeks ago I switched to the latest Bell Stock Rom ( http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...cat=2&dl_id=98 ) and then loaded OMJ's Customised version ( ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM....01.Custom.exe ) along with the TNZ dial settings CAB. Speed has been great here in Wellington and also on a recent trip to Christchurch. GPS works ok too.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:31 AM
N00b

sun-drop is a n00b

cheers mate

hey when you say you switched to the bell rom, and then loaded the OMJ custome one ... are you saying the bell rom is required some how before loading the omj one?

and where do i find the TNZ dial settings CAB?

sorry for all the newb questions ..just reading as much as i can at the mo and soaking it all in before i try this and brick my phone haha.

actually ... looking at the varios rom, and skin threads ..when ppl say 'back up your phone 1st' what is involved in this? what exactly do i need to do in case the worst happens and i need to ..err.. reimage? .. the phone
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue