PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Telecom NZ - Upgrade Issues (and fixs) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25226)

njakobs 04-29-2008 01:27 AM

Telecom NZ - Upgrade Issues (and fixs)

Hi wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve my problem.

I am on 'Telecom' in New Zealand which may be the cause of the problem. I upgraded as directed using 2.31 unlocker and rev and gps for Alltel. Then JD's test2.1 gps rom.

I did not let the customization run for the Alltel rom, but did for JD's.

For about 12 hours everything ran perfectly. Then the internet just stopped working. Phone and sms work perfect, just no data connection.

On my network there is a user name and password for access which I have entered in.

I don't really wont to go back to square one as I don't think that is the problem.

Cheers

Nigel

PapaDocta 04-29-2008 04:06 AM

Re: Help Internet Failure with rev A (was working)

enter the ESPT and check the Security entry ( using ##778 and you will need to know your 778 code try GetSPC) ... that happened to me a few times due to the settings in the security entry which keeps changing back to alltel ... even i didn't let the customization run

njakobs 04-29-2008 06:36 AM

Thanks, will give that a try. Not sure what any of it meant but I am sure I can find it on this awesome site.

Cheers :drunken:

PapaDocta 04-29-2008 07:15 AM

on the dial pad dial ##778 and hit send it will open up a menu.. choose edit and enter your MSL number (look here for how to get MSL # http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...96&postcount=4) on the left side you will see View info click on and a menu will expand.. choose Security and look at the values there. replace them with your own..

hope this help :D

wldthng842 04-29-2008 02:45 PM

I would suggest deleting the username and password that you entered. I think this can make the internet not work anymore. usually those settings are saved internally to the device and should not be altered. Try removing them and see if the net comes back.

njakobs 04-29-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wldthng842 (Post 265328)
I would suggest deleting the username and password that you entered. I think this can make the internet not work anymore. usually those settings are saved internally to the device and should not be altered. Try removing them and see if the net comes back.

Thanks, I tried that and a screen pops up asking for user name and password.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDocta (Post 264919)
on the dial pad dial ##778 and hit send it will open up a menu.. choose edit and enter your MSL number (look here for how to get MSL # http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...96&postcount=4) on the left side you will see View info click on and a menu will expand.. choose Security and look at the values there. replace them with your own..

hope this help :D

I have EPST working and can view values, I can't see any security settings?

I can't get into the edit mode so maybe I will see more options there. I have downloaded and used GetSPC and followed all the instructions excatly and the code it gives me is not accepted by EPST to unlock it.

Going to see if my provider can give me my MSL to unlock EPST.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions guys =D>

wldthng842 04-29-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njakobs (Post 265785)
Thanks, I tried that and a screen pops up asking for user name and password.

I have EPST working and can view values, I can't see any security settings?

I can't get into the edit mode so maybe I will see more options there. I have downloaded and used GetSPC and followed all the instructions excatly and the code it gives me is not accepted by EPST to unlock it.

Going to see if my provider can give me my MSL to unlock EPST.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions guys =D>

Sorry I couldn't be more help. That is what fixed mine, or at least it worked when I left them blank.

tr3v 04-30-2008 02:23 AM

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, and am on the same network (Telecom NZ).

I too, installed the ALLTEL ROM, and upgraded using JD's gpstest2.1 rom. I did not let customization run for either update. Everything seemed to work fine (including GPS and ActiveSync), then the Internet connection stopped working for no apparent reason. It just fails to connect. However, it has managed to connect at (very) random times, but I have not been able to make a data connection using "Cellular Line" all day.

I can not get in (edit mode) to EPST as the MSL returned by GetSPC was rejected.

I have tried removing and creating my network connection settings, as well as the "Networks". If I delete the connections, and reboot, a new network called "Data" is automatically created with a connection called "Data Network". I try adding the correct username/password but this fails to connect too.

I am not sure where to go from here. Is there another way of retrieving my MSL? Is there any point in calling my network provider?

Thanks

PapaDocta 04-30-2008 02:29 AM

did you put the .dll file in \windows\ directory and the .exe in Device?

tr3v 04-30-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDocta (Post 266347)
did you put the .dll file in \windows\ directory and the .exe in Device?

Thanks. I hadn't but I just tried again with the files in the suggested directories. I get the same MSL code, and still can not edit in EPST.