PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan w/WM6.5
Carrier: TCNZ

onslaught86 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to onslaught86
Re: Telecom NZ - Upgrade Issues (and fixs)

Well, got some inconsistent results.

When it's connecting, it'll occasionally flick to 1x (And does so consistently when it's sending large texts), but the EvDO icon usually remains solid once it has authenticated. Tried running a variety of different speed tests. PIE is clunky and sluggish and I don't trust it to give me an accurate result. Opera Mini won't run Speedtest.net's flash-based interface nicely, so I tried several other mobile speed test sites. Got results ranging from 100kbps to 6.5mbps, bizarre! Sometimes it'll give me "failed to connect" errors when trying to dial up, other times it tells me my username/pass is incorrect.

Having some trouble getting it to connect just now, shall try again and see if I can determine whether it's definitely connecting to EvDO or not. Cheers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (T7381 with 3G 850/2100)
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

Damager is becoming a great contributor

i used my titan to tether to my lappy and that's how i got my results, maybe try that too?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Lurker

Okay, tonight I decided I'd have another google-trawl for further info on how HDR passwords are generated. Found this post at xda, suggesting the hex ESN should be used for the HDR password field. Does seem like US carrier-specific info, but a few other posts mentioned using the hex ESN, so I figured it couldn't hurt. Tried it, and the EvDO seems to connect consistently. Speed-tested, got 500+kbps. Hmm.

Shall try tethering and testing shortly. Got some weirdness going on currently, it seems to stop registering the EvDO signal after I disconnect, and I have to turn the phone function off and on to get it to show again.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Lurker

Tried a few more things - haven't got around to tethering yet due to not being that keen to spend monies on speed-testing data, for the record I've got my Titan connected via TelstraClear's on-sold TCNZ service, so I just get data at the fun regular overusage rate of $3/meg. Ah well, beats 1c/kb. As far as I'm aware (And I'm fairly aware, I work for TCL, hence having the plan) the only difference is that the data is not filtered by TCNZ at all, authentication should be identical.

The hex ESN is, er, definitely not an acceptable HDR password. In fact, nothing at all appears to be the best bet. Sometimes I get 'failed to connect for an unknown reason', sometimes it flashes to 1X, then back to EvDO, but it will solidly connect if I try a few times. Of note is that my HDR username has the letters in my hex ESN all in lower case, I tried upper case and it wouldn't play nicely at all.

I've read that regular SMS and voice services use 1X, so 1X data is 100% unavailable when connected to a call, and that you cannot send or receive texts when connected to 1X data. I've confirmed I can send and receive texts when connected, so that should mean I'm definitely not connected to 1X, yeah?

As an aside, has anyone had any joy with MMS on TCNZ? I know they decided against the dramas of licensing Arcsoft's third-party app since MMS is not WinMo native, but the only info I've found on TCNZ MMS gateways has reportedly been for XT. Shouldn't they be the same platforms anyway? Any info would be most interesting and appreciated!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

can you share any info you have on MMS setup please i have been trying to get that working but without knowledge of ports and servers i went nowhere fast. thanks

Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Lurker

I spent a good couple days trawling for any and all TCNZ MMS info, the only thing I could find was that the PDAs don't have support for MMS because TCNZ "Didn't think it would be used", and that the software licensing would've been a real pain. See here.

I did, however, find the XT network settings in several iphone APN threads, such as this one.

Name: TelecomMMS
APN: wap.telecom.co.nz
Data bearer: Packet Data
Network type: IPv4
IP Address: automatic
DNS: automatic
Homepage: http://lsmmsc.xtra.co.nz
Use Proxy: Yes
Proxy IP: 210.55.11.73
Proxy Port: 80
Proxy Secure Port: 8080
Username: N/A
Password: N/A
Applications: MMS

I have no idea if TCNZ rebuilt their platform for XT, but I'd not see why they would if they didn't have to. Haven't had much luck getting the settings configured correctly, perhaps someone with more knowledge of MMS could assist.

I also assume a proper memory dump from a TCNZ CDMA MMS capable phone would confirm the details we need.. Whether the ESNs really are network flagged could be the real hinge on this tho'.

Telecom NZ HTC Titan - running mindtrip1016's WM6.5 build 28004 barebones ROM
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (rebadged as OKTA)
Carrier: telecom

pstar is a n00b

So how do i use the above info to get MMS working on my okta touch?

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Okta Touch
Carrier: Telecom

kiwichristian is a n00b
Re: Help Internet Failure with rev A (was working)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebob View Post
hey all,

i was an idiot and did my upgrade not knowing about the HDR username and password so i'm in the same boat. I work for Telecom so i'll go sweet talk someone up and see what I can get out of them
Hi.

How did you get on?

Please let me know.

Surely telecom should not be charging anyone for reflashing the okta touchs since it was their upgrade/update that caused the problem.

Dean
cooper.dean2009@gmail.com
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue