View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Damager
PPCGeeks Regular

Damager is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Telecom NZ - Upgrade Issues (and fixs)

deepsouthster,

i also used to have an apache and youre right, absolutely no problems going from wm5 to wm6, all of the epst information carried over no problems so i was puzzled as to why the problems with the titan.

ive spent hours reading and it appears with the titan or touch radio rom flash, it wipes the important epst settings which of course are the hdr username and password. dcd's carrier cabs restore most of the settings.

the other part is this.. each carrier has a DMU key stored on the phone.. when an evdo authentication is attempted, the network checks for this dmu key and all going well, the hdr password field is automatically filled when authentication takes place.

in security under MIP default profile, this is where the dmy key is held, in mine its 0.. and with all of us in the same boat.. no hdr password, it means we all have a dmu key of 0. ive tried all sorts of places to find out what telecom's dmy key is.

there are other fields too called NAI, HA password and AAA shared secret. If all of these fields are populated then we dont need an HDR password.

ive read that each carrier has their own values to fill these fields but basically they are all generated from the esn.

naturally these values in MIP default profile arent relevant if we've pre recorded the password as authentication skips the default profile!

quite a learning curve and yes, would be great to reflash to wm5.. but as youve probably found out already, flashing from gps to non gps isnt recommended.. which means we have great wm6.1 os roms with gps and no evdo.. apparently telecom will do wm6 or 6.1 later this year and this came from a store rep who showed me his own modded titan! so we could wait.....

im still reading up and trying things but heck.. phone still runs sweet.. but i may just have to bite the bullet do a zeebob.. drop it into a store and note no evdo.. and incur a bill of $85 to reset the epst.

may score a touch also in the meantime