PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 03:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid INCREDIBLE raped my bb storm
Carrier: verizon

sprintrjm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking e care

I have been dealing with ecare for the last week.

First i was told to take it to a shop to see if the bluetooth was f-ed up.

Second i was told that if it was f-ed up then the store should exchange my 6800 for a touch.

third, i was told at the sprint shop that they would not trade out my 6800 for the touch.

fourth, i called retentions to see if they could help, was told that i could get a 75 dollar credit on the $500 touch. If that did not satisfy me then i should call htc to get the phone exchanged.

fifth, I called htc and was told to call the rma department in the morning.

6th, i called the rma department at htc, which said that i should talk with the tech dept.

7th, talked with the tech dept and was told that yes there is an issue with the bluetooth and i should call the rma department in 2 weeks for a fix.

8th, i emailed ccare again telling them about the obvious issues with the bt and that since they said if the bt was the issue then it should be exchanged.

9th, ccare now says that there is a bt fix coming in 08 and that i should use the corded headset untill it comes out.

10th, i contact ecare and say, i would be willing to take the touch at the $299.99 price on sprints web site.

11th, ecare will only allow me to purchase the phone at 424.99 but with a $100 mail in rebate.

12th, i emailed them back stating that i will take the touch if they only charge $324.99 to my account.

waiting and fully f-ing frustrated.

anybody want to buy a slightly used 6800.....
Old 11-12-2007, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

sprintrjm is a n00b
new ecare email

just got a new email,

getting a 175 credit on the touch after i pay full price at a shop.

its been such a weird ordeal, i dont know if i should be slightly pissed or slightly happy.

Both i guess.

?)
Old 11-12-2007, 03:40 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Damn. Sorry to hear you haven't been as lucky as some of us.

It only took me one email to ecare after two calls to retention that failed.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintrjm View Post
I have been dealing with ecare for the last week.

First i was told to take it to a shop to see if the bluetooth was f-ed up.

Second i was told that if it was f-ed up then the store should exchange my 6800 for a touch.

third, i was told at the sprint shop that they would not trade out my 6800 for the touch.

fourth, i called retentions to see if they could help, was told that i could get a 75 dollar credit on the $500 touch. If that did not satisfy me then i should call htc to get the phone exchanged.

fifth, I called htc and was told to call the rma department in the morning.

6th, i called the rma department at htc, which said that i should talk with the tech dept.

7th, talked with the tech dept and was told that yes there is an issue with the bluetooth and i should call the rma department in 2 weeks for a fix.

8th, i emailed ccare again telling them about the obvious issues with the bt and that since they said if the bt was the issue then it should be exchanged.

9th, ccare now says that there is a bt fix coming in 08 and that i should use the corded headset untill it comes out.

10th, i contact ecare and say, i would be willing to take the touch at the $299.99 price on sprints web site.

11th, ecare will only allow me to purchase the phone at 424.99 but with a $100 mail in rebate.

12th, i emailed them back stating that i will take the touch if they only charge $324.99 to my account.

waiting and fully f-ing frustrated.

anybody want to buy a slightly used 6800.....
Do you happen to live in a state where driving with a headset is required? I mentioned that bluetooth does not work on this phone, linked them to HTC's site stating that "a bluetooth fix will be available in the next ROM some time in 2008," and that it would be illegal for me to use the Mogul in a car in my state, since California laws go into effect next month. Took me just one email and they said the Touch will be shipped today w/ a Mogul return kit. Hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sprintrjm is a n00b
Headset

Ecare told me to use a wired headset until the bluetooth is patched in 2008.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintrjm View Post
Ecare told me to use a wired headset until the bluetooth is patched in 2008.
LOL...wow that is horrible customer service.

"Sorry sir, you're going to have to inconvenience yourself for a few months until we fix what should have worked perfectly when we released the phone."
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)

pjhurth is a n00b
After an initial run-around with eCare and Retentions I called in again to Retentions and apparently hit the jackpot. (This started with a Mogul that I received as an in-store replacement for a bad PPC-6700 in August)

First round via e-mail was a dead end. Just a promised call back from a CS rep after about 10 e-mails.

Second round with Retentions resulted in the rep attempting to get Asurion to replace my Mogul. They would have none of it. End result - go to a repair center and get a replacement Mogul. This I did, but the new Mogul had the same bad bluetooth. This led to...

Round three - Retentions. I called in and was immediately offered a replacement phone of my choosing. I chose the Touch and received it the next day (brand new, in retail box). There was no mention of returning my Mogul and I have not received a return kit.

So after dealing with Sprint for far longer than I thought necessary, it seems that I not only got a new Touch, but also won't need to sent the Mogul back (though I'll be watching my upcoming bill closely).

I have no idea how Sprint decides how to take care of customers - perhaps the CS reps have a Magic 8-Ball with different options: "Sorry - you'll need to go though Asurion!", "Pick a new phone!", "Sorry - you're f-ed!". It seems complete arbitrary.

The only thing I can figure is that against my instincts I actually went to the repair center and had my Mogul swapped before calling in again with the same problem.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fatlard is a n00b
yeah.. mine did not have a return kit as well.. if I keep will they charge?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)

pjhurth is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlard View Post
yeah.. mine did not have a return kit as well.. if I keep will they charge?
I don't know - but I'll wait and see what's on my next bill.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhurth View Post
I don't know - but I'll wait and see what's on my next bill.
look at your account and seef if you have credit of the touch full price, if you do then you better ask for return kit and send it back, otherwise you will be charged full price.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue