View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
pjhurth
N00b

pjhurth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After an initial run-around with eCare and Retentions I called in again to Retentions and apparently hit the jackpot. (This started with a Mogul that I received as an in-store replacement for a bad PPC-6700 in August)

First round via e-mail was a dead end. Just a promised call back from a CS rep after about 10 e-mails.

Second round with Retentions resulted in the rep attempting to get Asurion to replace my Mogul. They would have none of it. End result - go to a repair center and get a replacement Mogul. This I did, but the new Mogul had the same bad bluetooth. This led to...

Round three - Retentions. I called in and was immediately offered a replacement phone of my choosing. I chose the Touch and received it the next day (brand new, in retail box). There was no mention of returning my Mogul and I have not received a return kit.

So after dealing with Sprint for far longer than I thought necessary, it seems that I not only got a new Touch, but also won't need to sent the Mogul back (though I'll be watching my upcoming bill closely).

I have no idea how Sprint decides how to take care of customers - perhaps the CS reps have a Magic 8-Ball with different options: "Sorry - you'll need to go though Asurion!", "Pick a new phone!", "Sorry - you're f-ed!". It seems complete arbitrary.

The only thing I can figure is that against my instincts I actually went to the repair center and had my Mogul swapped before calling in again with the same problem.