PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid INCREDIBLE raped my bb storm
Carrier: verizon

sprintrjm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just got off the phone with retentions

I was told that i could only get a 75$ credit twords the touch. The only other thing i could do would be contact htc and see about getting my phone switched from the manufactuer.

anybody have any luck dealing with htc directly?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
lol HTC will not help you at all. Sprint does not allow them to give you any support. Sounds like Sprint pawned you off to HTC, but they are just going to push you right back onto Sprint. Welcome to the circle...

There is an update on my situation and its somewhat interesting... You have to read my last post in this thread to realize why its so interesting.

I just got an email from ecare that says the Touch has been ordered and I should get it in a few days. I'm not going to hold my breath on this one either since I was told that already. I replied back asking for an order number or tracking number.

One concern I have now is I went back to the Sprint service center again for the 5th time on my way home from work. They spent an hour checking my Mogul and then offered to give me another Mogul. A lot of good that would do. I tried to get them to swap it for a Touch, but they wouldn't do it to save the world. They did finally offer me a Treo 700wx, which is what I had before I got the Mogul. So I took it since I knew it worked better than the Mogul. So now Sprint is going to get a 700wx back instead of the Mogul. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems. I guess we'll see soon.

Talk about frustrating... I think my life span is getting shorter and shorter dealing with Sprint.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
PitchBlack98,

If I were you, when the Touch comes in and the mogul return kit comes in you need to go back to the store and tell them you want the Mogul back, then return it in the return kit or else you might be seeing a $500.00 charge for the Touch.

-Polen
Vista Dialer for Sprint Touch
Vista Keyboard for Sprint Touch
Donations Welcome so my wife doesn't think I'm wasting my time.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
Yeah I am aware of that. I am still going to send the Treo back with the reciept they gave me at the service center. If they want to make a big deal out of it I will just send the Touch back and tell them to send the Treo back to me. Then I will definatly cancel my service and go somewhere else.

I just got an email back from ecare about getting the order number. I was told my order was in the order queue and he would send me another email as soon as the order goes thru. I should hear something back from him within the next few hours. He also told me I would not have a problem sending back the Treo instead. He noticed it was active on my account after I asked him about it. So we will see how it goes.

Ecare must not have much to do tonight. They are replying back within 30 mins tonight. haha
Old 11-09-2007, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid INCREDIBLE raped my bb storm
Carrier: verizon

sprintrjm is a n00b
just got off the phone with htc

Yes they are aware of the bluetooth issues with the mogul. They suggested that i contact sprint regarding this issue. LOL, because this is how i got the idea to contact htc, because of retentions at sprint.

I have been given a rma 1800 # to see if there is anything they can do to remedy my situation.

The rep at htc first said i should take my phone to a sprint shop to get it looked at, at which point i reminded him about the "htc / sprint" rom update last week that only made things worse. He laughed and said oh i do remember that problem. He graciously sympathised with my situation, fully adknowledging that the 6800 has defective bt and that i should try the rma department at HTC. He did say that, although unorthodox, i should buy a touch from sprint and sell my mogul on ebay.

I said that would be a great option, only i would have to pay full price for the touch, roughly $499.00 and then sell my mogul for $300.00, which would not be such a great return on my investment.

Straight from HTC's Mouth to yours.

I have no idea what the rma dept will do with me, but im sure to expect another f-$cking run around.

I will keep yall posted.

"frustrated in seattle"

James
Old 11-09-2007, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800, Diamond

RootWind is just getting started
Has anyone gotten a return kit yet?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I got my return kit a week ago, but haven't gotten a phone to replace mine yet. I'm not sending them my phone until I have another one to use. I still have to pay my full monthly bill why should I be without a phone for 2 weeks.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KoukiFC3S is just getting started
I didnt get a return kit but they told me to take my Mogul to a Sprint Store. Did anyone do that as well?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Storm
Carrier: Verizon

vladfan is a n00b
Mine is on the way

I called Sprint yesterday and they agreed to swap my Mogul for a Touch. This morning I got a tracking number and it says that I will be receiving the new phone on Tuesday 11/13 since Monday is a holiday.
So far this has been pretty painless.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
So far Ive only seen one person say they actually got the touch from Sprint on an exchange.

re: Sprint vs HTC support. I was talking to tier 2(?) the other day (next one up from the rep that answers the phone when you press tech support) I told him that HTC says that they do not have a support contract with sprint, and so they refer everyone back to sprint tech support. He said "Oh thats wierd, their supposed to deal with problems that we cant solve here."

On the problems front (and maybe its because I havent gotten a bluetooth headset yet) I havent had nearly as many problems as most people have had, although if I try to PAN Bluetooth the internet sharing, I do have a problem staying connected (which then results in 2 days of error 67) Ive called in a few times, but apparently Im not frustrated enough to dump the mogul yet. I like my landscape mode and hardware keyboard. Its getting tempting to though.

LOL
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue