PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

illwafer is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to illwafer
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

i was also told by a sprint store rep yesterday that they will not be selling the tp2 in store. i questioned him and he seemed fairly certain about it.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkalow View Post
I don't see how you guys had any luck. My phone has a ton of genuine issues, not the least of which is that the keyboard doesn't work. Ive been through 4 TP's

Ive been to 6 stores.

One told me that " The TP2 wont be coming back in stock anytime soon, if at all, there are major defects and they probably wont be releasing the phone to stores"

One told me upon giving them my ticket numbers given to me by a sprint rep on the phone "These are fake and just random numbers you wrote down"<--- this didnt go very well, I told the guy off and walked out. Called up sprint and complained, and they really didn't care.

One told me "Sprint in no way would ever replace the TP1 with the TP2" that im wasting my time.

3 or 4 told me that if I DO want to see if its in stock, I have to go through the ENTIRE process over again of them checking my phone, telling my long story etc to get to the point where they see the list of WEL phones.

3 separate people Including a supervisor over the phone told me that sprint phone reps in NO WAY under ANY circumstances can issue TP2's, even if they wanted to. That they don't even have the ability.

One told me that The Refurbs are out, but corp rules state that in an advanced exchange even in this situation that "Theres no way Im even remotely allowed to give a new TP2 for a TP1"

And finally, last but not least the many many many

"yes, the refurb TP2 is in stock." I get there to find they lied.. yet AGAIN.

Sprint is by far one of the worst companies i've ever had to deal with.
If you seriously have legitimate issues, go through Advanced Exchange online, and they'll send you a refurb TP1. That's what I did and it's been working fine. The phone is solid and looks brand new. Throw a custom ROM on there (I'm rocking NRG's Photon waiting on NSFAN's latest), and you'll be set.

Last edited by cmajewsk; 10-16-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc raphael
Carrier: sprint

scully1485 is a n00b

I passed by my local ASC and they informed me that the list of phone you can swap out for are all the blackberries, touch pro 1, Palm Pro, and the snap
Old 10-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

For What It's Worth:

I stopped in at my local 3rd Party Retailer and spoke to the manager, who is a friend. He said that Sprint has disabled the option for them to upgrade the Touch Pro through TEP. The only options available for the foreseeable future are the TP1, Palm Pro, Snap and Blackberry. When they asked Sprint why they weren't able to get much of an answer, however, I do believe I have one.

I additionally spoke to a friend of mine who works at Sprint Corporate HQ. He said that there has been so much fraud with people trying to upgrade for free that they had to put a stop to it. The TP2 has a sim card and for that reason, it costs Sprint more money--as in they loose money--every time they switch someone from TP1 to a TP2.

Like I said, accept it or not as an explanation. It it up to you.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scully1485 View Post
I passed by my local ASC and they informed me that the list of phone you can swap out for are all the blackberries, touch pro 1, Palm Pro, and the snap

well when i went last saturday and this past monday, it was still on the list but not in stock.

im guessing they took it off for what ever reason. but i was offered a touch pro 2 both times. but they were out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
For What It's Worth:

I stopped in at my local 3rd Party Retailer and spoke to the manager, who is a friend. He said that Sprint has disabled the option for them to upgrade the Touch Pro through TEP. The only options available for the foreseeable future are the TP1, Palm Pro, Snap and Blackberry. When they asked Sprint why they weren't able to get much of an answer, however, I do believe I have one.

I additionally spoke to a friend of mine who works at Sprint Corporate HQ. He said that there has been so much fraud with people trying to upgrade for free that they had to put a stop to it. The TP2 has a sim card and for that reason, it costs Sprint more money--as in they loose money--every time they switch someone from TP1 to a TP2.

Like I said, accept it or not as an explanation. It it up to you.

this makes sense... but the regional director that happened to be at the store i was at that i spoke to on monday said that HTC basically recalled the phone and was going to pay sprint for every replacement issued due to the TP1. So i dont get what Sprint is saying that it costs them anything if this guy told me otherwise.... But i do believe the part about people abusing the system... but then again, we wouldn't be having this discussion of HTC had made a decent product.....

see more info about my encounter with the director here..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...66#post1237366

Last edited by nanoware; 10-16-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

p0fell0w is a n00b

i'm glad they were out of the tp2 when i went in b/c i picked the bb tour...and i'm loving this blackberry alot more then my touch pro
Old 10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

The Tour is nice but I am addicted to touch screens with larger displays.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The phone is definitely still on the WEL list, don't let the stores fool you.

I called to make sure of the status of mine today and the guy said that he's still waiting for the OOL status to change so he can place the five TP2 orders he's taken (including mine). He said that he would call me when it got to the store.

Sprint told me that they should be able to have it by Wednesday.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0fell0w View Post
i'm glad they were out of the tp2 when i went in b/c i picked the bb tour...and i'm loving this blackberry alot more then my touch pro
I agree. The Tour is nice... but I don't want to pay for BIS. BTW, did yours come with any accessories?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The BB Tour is better than the TP? reallY?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro