PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Hmm. I wonder what the deal is then. Im sure if your on VZW then you would see a night-day difference, as the TP2 on verizon isnt gimped like the TP was. Im on Sprint, so heres the specs...

HTC Sprint Touch Pro:
http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch...ification.html

HTC Sprint Touch Pro 2:
http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch...ification.html

They are exactly the same spec wise. Must me a newer faster ROM on the TP2.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 10-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

robertg2004 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
While this sounds good at first for me, I have to ask if anyone knows if the battery and charger from the TP will work with the TP2. I have recently invested in an extended battery and case for the TP and I would hate to have rendered useless. I have been having keyboard problems and was getting ready to get my TP replaced.
The touch pro 2 takes a diff battery then the touch pro reason being its bigger and holds alittle more juice the chargers are the same gotta love htc
Old 10-27-2009, 03:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MisterMP0315 is just getting started

Here is my story.

Early last week, I went up to the local Sprint store because my TP's touchscreen stopped recognizing touch...go figure. As soon as I walked in the store, the workers saw that I had a TP and literally BUT jokingly said, "Oh Lord. Don't come in here with those phones."

When asked what the issue was, I told them. He started to type in my information and asked if anything else was wrong with the phone and I told him that the side up and down button is missing...but it still works.

AS SOON as they noticed that, they were like..."Oh you're going to have to call insurance on this." I'm thinking...Are you serious? This is IMMEDIATELY after one of my friends told me that they were offering everyone with faulty TPs like 3 different phones...including TP2s.

The store wouldn't do an exchange and they wouldn't even try to fix my phone. It's highly nonfunctional without the touchscreen working because I can't navigate past the desktop. I can't respond to texts because the send button is only on the screen itself.

So I called insurance and they offered me everything but the TP2 for at least 100. Then, they offered a TP which would take 5-7 days...but also for 100. Yes...I have insurance.

I don't know what to do at this point.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro 2

dkmills is a n00b

I called yesterday and gave it my best effort with no result. They Assured me a like or comparable model (not the 2) Maybe worth a try or the window has closed up very quickly.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mrenz999 is keeping up the good workmrenz999 is keeping up the good work

So last week I did an advanced exchange (my 4th on this phone) for a nonoperative keyboard. Sprint sends me another TP and right out of the box the keyboard doesn't work. So I take both phones to a local store. I show them the not ever activate TP that was a replacement with the exact same issue as the one it was supposed to replace. The only difference was on the exchange model the reset button was blocked out, which I thought strange. So I said I needed a replacement model. Got the run around but finally agreed to replace it. So he said the WEL list has models but I had to take the next model on the list I don't get to choose. I said that wasn't acceptable. He pretty much said too bad. I then asked for the manager and explained that I knew the TP2 was available as an exchange model. He left for about 10 mins to get the manager came back and said I guess you are right. I am ordering your TP2 and it will be here in 2 days. So Friday I picked up my TP2. Happy happy joy joy. Not. My wife's phone has the same issue yesterday. Her 5th TP. So I go back to the store. The same rep is not working. I explain what I want to do and am told no. Ask for the manager again. This time the Asst. Manager comes out. Explains that what I am trying to do is not possible. It can't be done and why won't I understand that no one can do this. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. And if I got my info on the internet I should understand how ambigous such information is. I said ok well if it's not possible look up my account and find out how in this store last week it was done for me. He asked who did it. I described the guy and with a store full of people he practically yelled. "WELL RANDY IS FIRED AS SOON AS HE GETS HERE!!" I couldn't believe it. The store got quiet. So I asked for a way to contact his manager. He calmed down and gave me a cell number. No response yet from the store manager. I will keep you posted. My TP2 was NIB btw. This was the Lynnwood, WA store for anyone interested.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrenz999 View Post
So last week I did an advanced exchange (my 4th on this phone) for a nonoperative keyboard. Sprint sends me another TP and right out of the box the keyboard doesn't work. So I take both phones to a local store. I show them the not ever activate TP that was a replacement with the exact same issue as the one it was supposed to replace. The only difference was on the exchange model the reset button was blocked out, which I thought strange. So I said I needed a replacement model. Got the run around but finally agreed to replace it. So he said the WEL list has models but I had to take the next model on the list I don't get to choose. I said that wasn't acceptable. He pretty much said too bad. I then asked for the manager and explained that I knew the TP2 was available as an exchange model. He left for about 10 mins to get the manager came back and said I guess you are right. I am ordering your TP2 and it will be here in 2 days. So Friday I picked up my TP2. Happy happy joy joy. Not. My wife's phone has the same issue yesterday. Her 5th TP. So I go back to the store. The same rep is not working. I explain what I want to do and am told no. Ask for the manager again. This time the Asst. Manager comes out. Explains that what I am trying to do is not possible. It can't be done and why won't I understand that no one can do this. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. And if I got my info on the internet I should understand how ambigous such information is. I said ok well if it's not possible look up my account and find out how in this store last week it was done for me. He asked who did it. I described the guy and with a store full of people he practically yelled. "WELL RANDY IS FIRED AS SOON AS HE GETS HERE!!" I couldn't believe it. The store got quiet. So I asked for a way to contact his manager. He calmed down and gave me a cell number. No response yet from the store manager. I will keep you posted. My TP2 was NIB btw. This was the Lynnwood, WA store for anyone interested.
What an ***. I don't understand why the stores are fighting this so harshly? There is a memo from sprint in bold red print that says to replace it with a TP2. Mine semi-broken but still usable. I'm hoping by the time it finally gives out it will be easier to do the TP2 switch.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrenz999 View Post
Wow that is really crazy. I can't wait to see what the store manager says to you. Keep us posted with this story.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto q, titan, touch, 755p, exclaim, TP, TP2
Carrier: SERO

alexm is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to alexm

got a call my replacement is in store......will pick up around 4 this is where i probably find out the manager was BSing me about ordering a tp2
Old 10-27-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acme64 is a n00b

I jsut came back from the sprint store, replaced my tp with a refurb, the guy did mention though since i've had it fail so many times they can swap it for a tp2 although it'd be a refurbished one free of cost. If my tp craps out again i'm going for it
Old 10-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

Batts is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Batts

My story....

About a week ago wifey was having problems with her TP.. (it was making a funny noise when she put it on vibrate, and someone called). They ended up replacing it with the TP2...

Ironically, 2 days later, my TP's screen started to turn colors.. I took it in hoping they would upgrade me as well.. they didn't.. I got a refurb TP in the mail yesterday.. If I encounter problems with this one, I will demand a TP2..this is my 3rd TP..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro