PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

chronster - you are preaching to (mostly) the wrong crowd. I am with you and I attempted the same thing somewhere in the first few pages. Apparently, there is a name for us, we are called "moral police". And I always thought that I was just an honest person who doesn't like to steal and lie my way into anything. Reading some comments and questions here like "how can I make my TP worse to exchange it", "what registry settings can I edit to stop my kb from working", "how did you exchange it and what did you say", and people calling Sprint employees all kinds of names, makes me think that we are a dying breed. I have seen the same thing happen when TP originally came out and everyone who jumped on it from Mogul (that apparently became "crap" at that point as well) were yelling that TP is the best phone they ever had. Now it is dejavu all over with TP2. And trust me, the same people will try to pull the same thing when Leo (or whatever it will be called) will come out.

I love this forum and I know that there are a lot of good and honest people here. But threads like these tend to bring out the worst. So again, to everyone who really had issues with their TPs - best of luck getting a replacement but keep in mind that this is the same company making it and the same company selling it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Yeah actually I really don't care what anyone like you ASKS me to do. I've been proven RIGHT about the negative impact lying to get a new phone has. The warehouse is out of stock and now people who actually have gone through phone after phone who deserve a replacement have to wait, all because people who want the latest and greatest.

We all want the latest phone, but are people going to lie every year to get it? What happens when the Leo comes out? Will everyone be FED UP with the TP2 and justify weaseling themselves into getting one of them as well?

So this is my response to you: WILL ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE WORKING TOUCH PRO'S, LOOKING TO GET A FREE TP2 FOR LITTLE MORE THAN WANTING THE LATEST PHONE PLEASE LEAVE? YOU'RE RUINING IT FOR THE LEGITIMATE REPLACEMENTS.
Wow, calm down! I agree with you, but like others have stated, enough already. We get it, they are "bad people", but get over it already. Your not changing anyone's behavior and only coming off like a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
why are you on this site?
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:53 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
why are you on this site?
On this site? What do you think PPCGeeks is? Some kind of central hub for scam artists? There's lots more to PPCGeeks you know...

When I first clicked the thread, I expected those people who were constantly having issues to be reporting that Sprint is taking care of them. Like Sprint's customer service is getting better or something. Very quickly I saw that people without issues were jumping on this as well.

It just bothered me. This type of behavior should be frowned upon around here, but instead people are celebrating it. We don't post links to pirated software for a reason, ya know? The same argument can be applied: "I'm just posting a LINK to the software. I'm not actually giving out the software and what people do with that link is their business." Here it's the same "Just telling people how I scammed Sprint. If they want to copy me that's their business."

I'm looking at this from a simple perspective: I'll be buying this phone. When it comes time to do so, I don't want some customer rep telling me I have to wait because the warehouse is out of stock, all along I know the reason they are out of stock. Why should somebody get a free TP2 when they have no issues with the TP they have now, AND someone else is willing to pay for it?

You don't have to listen to me. I'm just putting that common sense out there and what people do with it is their business.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Wow, calm down! I agree with you, but like others have stated, enough already. We get it, they are "bad people", but get over it already. Your not changing anyone's behavior and only coming off like a

=D>=D>
Yeah right, you agree with me and yet you tell me I'm the morality police and I need to leave, then applaud people who question my very presence on a PUBLIC WEBPAGE.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Soooo.,n I guess thats a no to my warehouse question
Old 10-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i just so happened to be there when an regional director was at the store i guess monitoring the store . so anyway, my tp had crapped out, so i was offered a tp2, but there was no stock in warehouse so i just got another tp1, (this was Saturday) . Before i went to go pick up my phone Monday, i called sprint support and told them i was sick of the tp and wanted another model, they simply told me about the new policy, and told me to basically refuse the phone. So then i show up Monday (when the regional director was there) to get my phone, i am speaking with some ignorant sales "consultant", she told me sometimes that customer support are ignorant and don't know what there talking about. i found this so amusing, it wasn't but 5 minutes later that the regional director came to where i was at and told me my exact problem without knowing much. he was spot on. He basically said that there is a list of phones (snap, bb tour, treo pro, tp2, maybe a few more) that were being replaced for free. i understood this as basically being a recall, because he said that "htc acknowledged their mistake, and is paying sprint for every replacement touch pro phone that it replaces" . He also said this policy officially took effect this passed Sunday. Just thought you would would like to know. This is only if you go in and are having unfix-able problems with your touch pro.

does anyone know if they have gotten any in stock in their warehouse yet?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Why should somebody get a free TP2 when they have no issues with the TP they have now, AND someone else is willing to pay for it?

You don't have to listen to me. I'm just putting that common sense out there and what people do with it is their business.

as far as i know, replacement touch pro 2's are in a different inventory than the inventory they have for customer that are purchasing the phone. am i wrong?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

i feel it's 'bout time the mods step in... start archiving unnecessary posts or something.... this thread is starting to go downhill
Old 10-14-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
On this site? What do you think PPCGeeks is? Some kind of central hub for scam artists? There's lots more to PPCGeeks you know...

When I first clicked the thread, I expected those people who were constantly having issues to be reporting that Sprint is taking care of them. Like Sprint's customer service is getting better or something. Very quickly I saw that people without issues were jumping on this as well.

It just bothered me. This type of behavior should be frowned upon around here, but instead people are celebrating it. We don't post links to pirated software for a reason, ya know? The same argument can be applied: "I'm just posting a LINK to the software. I'm not actually giving out the software and what people do with that link is their business." Here it's the same "Just telling people how I scammed Sprint. If they want to copy me that's their business."

I'm looking at this from a simple perspective: I'll be buying this phone. When it comes time to do so, I don't want some customer rep telling me I have to wait because the warehouse is out of stock, all along I know the reason they are out of stock. Why should somebody get a free TP2 when they have no issues with the TP they have now, AND someone else is willing to pay for it?

Shouldn't Sprint’s due diligence on each case of the equipment in accordance with their policies quell this “run” on their limited inventories of this device? Really, they’ve created this monster by both admitting the chronic issues the TP1, and then actually doing these replacements with the TP2. I am sure they are aware there will be some abuse, and should have planned for it. It’s quite obvious they should not have gone this route so soon after releasing this device. If people want to post this abuse perhaps the moderators can deal with them, but please chronster, give it a rest, we get it. By the way when I finally become a VIP can I say i poop a lot too?

Last edited by cmajewsk; 10-14-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

.................................................. ..................

Last edited by nanoware; 10-14-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: double post

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro