PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
We haven't had any issues with our TPs up til last week. My keyboard started getting intermittant. I took it to the local repair store and they were able to reproduce the problem. They orderd me a NIB TP2. Had it now for 5 days and while I miss the directional pad, it is growing on me.
Looks to me like depending on the store you have near you, some are more aggressive about getting the TP out of service. My handset problem should have been a pretty simple fix I would think. Odd that they chose to just flat out swap it.
Yes it does depend on the store. I had mine swapped out with a Touch Pro 2 and I was offered it without the guy looking at my account. He just saw the phone, heard my problems, and gave me a TP2 right off the bat. He asked how many have I been on and I said this is my second one. So, some stores are just more aggressive I think in that aspect.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Abicio is a n00b

Has anyone had any luck in the Tucson or Phoenix area in AZ? I searched and only found a post of someone asking about the Phx area, any luck?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowglyder is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abicio View Post
Has anyone had any luck in the Tucson or Phoenix area in AZ? I searched and only found a post of someone asking about the Phx area, any luck?
Nothing in Tucson. I'm on my 5th TP. The last one didn't even get data, and I didn't receive calls or text messages, only voicemail notifications 4 hours after the fact. Worse one yet. Just got the replacement (refurb) yesterday, after waiting since last Wednesday! I had Sprint credit my account for the lost service, but it's a real pain not being able to receive calls or anything. It wasted a lot of time not being able to contact people.

This one still gets hot and the screen is raised up slightly above the bezel. I can press it back in, but it comes back up. At least I can get calls and data now. I'm not sure what to do, because I'm afraid of Sprint replacing it with a less functional refurb TP.

Oh and get this, I talked to an Accounts Manager (ended up getting disconnected) but she was trying to tell me that Sprint did me a favor by looking at it because they normally charge to do so. I told her that WTF do I pay for insurance, where half of it covers tech support, and the other half covers lost or damage?! She didn't have any response to that. She also tried to tell me to deal with HTC for warranty. I can't believe that every time I call in I get even worse service than before. I really wish I could find a plan to compete with my SERO pricing (or even close), then I would leave.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowglyder View Post
I can't believe that every time I call in I get even worse service than before. I really wish I could find a plan to compete with my SERO pricing (or even close), then I would leave.
it's really only a few that don't know squat. i just talked to a rep who was trying to tell me that the tp2 doesn't come with a sim card, just a memory card!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Not sure there is any rhyme or reason to it. I called Sprint last weds to get a replacement sent as my kb went out. They sent me a refurb and the screen has splotches all over it. Called to ask them to send another and they said they did. It did not show up, so I called back. They see the notes of the tech but no 2nd order. Then they tell me they cannot send me another. I must go to a store. I argue to no avail. Finally give up and go to the store. Tell the guy I am sorry for taking up his time and all I need is a replacement phone. He tells me he is just going to order me a TP2. I did not ask or expect it. I like the tp and would have been fine with the refurb if the screen was OK. It really makes no sense. They refuse to send me a refurb tp and I end up with a tp2. Go figure. Needless to say, all is well that ends well.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Lurker

Abicio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowglyder View Post
Nothing in Tucson. I'm on my 5th TP. The last one didn't even get data, and I didn't receive calls or text messages, only voicemail notifications 4 hours after the fact. Worse one yet. Just got the replacement (refurb) yesterday, after waiting since last Wednesday! I had Sprint credit my account for the lost service, but it's a real pain not being able to receive calls or anything. It wasted a lot of time not being able to contact people.

This one still gets hot and the screen is raised up slightly above the bezel. I can press it back in, but it comes back up. At least I can get calls and data now. I'm not sure what to do, because I'm afraid of Sprint replacing it with a less functional refurb TP.

Oh and get this, I talked to an Accounts Manager (ended up getting disconnected) but she was trying to tell me that Sprint did me a favor by looking at it because they normally charge to do so. I told her that WTF do I pay for insurance, where half of it covers tech support, and the other half covers lost or damage?! She didn't have any response to that. She also tried to tell me to deal with HTC for warranty. I can't believe that every time I call in I get even worse service than before. I really wish I could find a plan to compete with my SERO pricing (or even close), then I would leave.
Thanks for the info. I'm in the same boat. On my 4th refurb TP and the local Sprint Corporate store is no help what so ever. They just hard reset and send me away even when I can actually show them the problem is still present.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
They just hard reset and send me away even when I can actually show them the problem is still present.
take it to a repair center.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Lurker

Abicio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
take it to a repair center.
That's the thing, I actually was at the repair center. They hard reset, hand it back as "fixed" and I check for the problem while I'm standing there. Show the guy it's still behaving badly and his response was "well, that phone's really buggy and since you won't accept our offered replacements (blackberry assortment or Snap), there's nothing we can do for you".
Old 11-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Show the guy it's still behaving badly and his response was "well, that phone's really buggy and since you won't accept our offered replacements (blackberry assortment or Snap), there's nothing we can do for you".
yeah, it's a game that you have to play now. try to get a tech to note your account, but other than that, keep going to different stores. (you might have to do some traveling)
Old 11-24-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

I spoke with someone in advanced escalations last week who tried to order me a TP2, but couldn't because it wasn't in stock. She said she'd note my account so that when I called back Advanced Support would know who to transfer me to. Well, I just called back and ASC had no clue who to transfer me to - said there was no such department, even after he looked at the notes. He said that the TP2 was no longer on the WEL list (not just OOS) and offered me the usual list of replacements, or a Palm Pre. I refused all replacements and said I'd call back. It's really strange how you can get different stories depending on who you speak with.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro