PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Essentials

Here is the way to change the homekeys IN TFLO 3D.

In a registry editor, go to:

HKLM/Software/HTC/manila/
Here is:

HomeLSKPath, which is the left softkey (Standard = Phonepad)
And
HomeRSKPath, which is the right softkey.
If you change these with the location of the programs you want to link to, and simultaneous change the names:

HomeLSKText = Left softkey text
And
HomeRSKText = Right softkey text.
SOURCE:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=404982
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidBox2 View Post
Thank you. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Back to eliminating the Sprint Store Tab.
Easy to find the 26948339_manila using File Explorer.

Now it becomes fuzzy. To edit the manila file I need PHM, but with PHM I cannot find that manila file that needs to be edited. Does that make any sense?

lol I don't know how to ask the question.

Skid
Actually, again, PHM is just a registry editor. To edit any file contents, like that manila file, you just need notepad.

You should consider reading through the tutorial I have posted in the Themes category... there's a link in my signature for "Customize Your TouchFLO3D / Manila Theme".

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-23-2008 at 01:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

duofold is a n00b

This has been a fantastic thread...and I'm sure I'll revisit it many times over.

I'm still learning a lot so I thought I'd share some of my experiences & ask a few questions.

When adding US cities to the TF3D weather tab, I just use the zip code for the location code. It seems to work fine and is a hell of a lot easier than typing in all of the vertical lines of the drawn out location code only found using the virtual keyboard.

During the installation, I committed a noob mistake and didn't read this essential's emphasis - instead, I installed the latest 1.2 cab. After rereading the essential's warning on the subject and iinstalling the modified 1.1 cab, I no longer was stunted by the file write protection error message.

When downloading cabs to my pc, I've tried doubleclicking the cab file so that it would automatically install during my active sync. But instead of installing, when I double click, the cab file opens & reveals subfiles. Any suggestions?

Also, just to be sure...which PHM Registry Editor cab do I use for the Touch Pro? After scanning different forums, I've seen conflicting links (smartphone, ppc, palm pc). I ultimately chose the Pocket PC 2002,2003 (ARM/PXA) cab. I initially tried to download the Desktop Installer (via ActiveSync), but the install always aborts and gives me an error message at the last moment. The PPC 2002,2003 (ARM/PXA) cab seems to work but confirmation from those more experienced would be nice.

The reg edit for eliminating the irritating text msg sent popup works perfectly.

I've also installed htorch and that works fine too. I've got it listed as one of my Program tiles in TF3D. Is there any quicker way to get to the flashlight other than to go to the Programs tab and click on htorch? Also, do others see a slight delay (spinning color wheel) after opening htorch?

So, all of this in a frenzy of late night activity. I came from an absolute beginner's background. But with this essentials post, I feel like if I can do, anyone can too.

Thanks a lot!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Diesel,
Up next, I'll have to take up eenie and figure out how to make those system files visible on the pc. I didn't mind using Total Commander, but if these eyes could use the pc, that would be better.

After that...up first I've got to figure out how to make my glass clock have white number instead of black.

I really could go on but quite frankly I have a friggin' brain cramp. All weekend on the forum and the phone.

Good time though. Lovin' this phone and some genuinely helpful people here.

Skid
Glass clock white numbers is attached.
To make your system files visible on pc .... for vista: click on "my computer" click on "Tools" click on "Options" uncheck hide system files. See attached snip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (57.2 KB, 176 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab GlassClock_v1.cab (130.5 KB, 92 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

changing soft keys on landscape mode in TF3D ..can u add to first post?

1. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\\Manila key in your registry
2. If you don't have a String entry called LandscapeMenuLSKPath, add it.
3. Edit LandscapeMenuLSKPath to the program you want the left soft key to run (e.g. \windows\operal.exe)
4. If you don't have a String entry called LandscapeMenuLSKText, add it.
5. Edit LandscapeMenuLSKText to the label you want to use for the left soft key (e.g. Internet)
6. Repeat steps 2-5 for the right soft key (LandscapeMenuRSKPath and LandscapeMenuRSKText)
Old 11-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Thanks eenie. No love on the white numbers. installed the cab... still black numbers. Your steps to showin files worked like a charm. Thanks
Skid
hmmm... did you soft reset? OK wait, I know I had glassclock with white numbers on my diamond just last week, let me find the correct cab.... maybe it was holy.cab

Here is plain white no background flip:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=32
Attached Files
File Type: cab Holy.cab (389.7 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Is there a way that this thread I posted below can be merged/ added to this one...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46555
Old 11-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Can you look at any of the edits in this thread?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46499

I will just post them here also...

Boost TFL3D Performance –> Using Advanced Config, change File system cache to 8mb and file system filter cache to 131072
Tested and works a treat. TF3D is sluggish and prone to long pauses before tweak, much faster afterwards

Boost TFL3D Performance –> HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs and change key Cachesize from 16384 to 32768
Much quicker than number 1 on it’s own, now stonkingly fast.

Wake Up on New SMS –> HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent <– set to “1″ by default. Change value to “0″
The Raphael (and the diamond on 1.93) now ring and vibrate for incoming SMS, so this is not really necessary, but will turn the screen on if that’s what you want (I personally don’t).

Switch Mute Call on phone flipped face down: HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE : FaceDownMuteRing: change value to “0″
Working correctly

Boost TFL3D Scrolling Speed –> - HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit = 16384 or 32768 (DWORD decimal)
- To change it back to the default: - HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit = 8192 (DWORD decimal)
Did this using schaps advanced config and it does not seem to make any difference whatsoever.

Prevent screen switching off during phone call –> HKEY_Local_Machine\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\EnableFastD ormantDisplayDuringCall to 0 (Note: does not work on all ROMs) Doesn’t work
AND (tested and works on EU ROMs thanks to Rod65)
HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\Sleep switch value from 1 to 0 Doesn’t work
These failed to work individually and also when applied as a pair. No use on this Raphael ROM.
HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\FastDormancyRule=0 doesn’t work either.

Set HTC Album X button to close not minimize: ok_minimize change value to 0
Not needed any more. When task manager is set to close programs with the x button, album shuts correctly. Youtube on the other hand, doesn’t.

Disable Enlarged Title bar (when you click on a notification) to the default WM behavior: HKLM->Software->HTC->EnlargeTitleBar - and change “Enable” from 1 to 0.
Not needed any more. Start>settings>system>touchflo. Untick Show system status screen when status icons are tapped

Turn off startup aninmation and sound: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\ -> rename both “StartupGif” and “StartupWav” to other names
Works, but does not speed up boot time.

Enable GPS photo: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P10 -> change the value “enabled” from 0 to 1
Works

DOES NOT WORK!
Another supposed TFL3D tweak for better performance: HKLM\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings:
SpeedHigh: default value (25) <– Change to (5) / SpeedLow : default value (70) <– Chnge to (14) save and soft reset
No difference that I noticed, but no adverse affects either.
DOES NOT WORK!
Here is information on how to set those:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=14

THANKS TO DR G

Adjust screen sensitivity: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel
Value = PressureThreshold
Change from the default dword:00000027 or 34 to dword:000000f0 or 240 in decimal

Works fine. Can also be done in Schaps advanced config.

More Camera Modes:
To Enable ‘Burst’: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P6 -> change the value “enabled” from 0 to 1
Works. Keep button pressed down to take more pictures

To Enable ‘Sport’: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P8 -> change the value “enabled” from 0 to 1

Works. Takes 5 pictures in quick succession

To Enable ‘Video Share’: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P9 -> change the value “enabled” from 0 to 1
Works

Enable HSUPA:
HKLM\Software\HTC\AdvancedNetwork\SupportHSUPA =change it to 1
Already enabled, so no need for this.

Remove orphan icons and shortcuts - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…97&postcount=3
Erm, why not just delete them in File explorer for F***s sake??

Four icons in a row in WM Programs/Settings screens - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…4&postcount=16
Works a treat and looks pretty good too!

Remove Vertical and Horizontal Scrollbars
For the horizontal (bottom) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cyHScr = 0 (DWORD decimal)
For the vertical (right) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cxVScr = 0 (DWORD decimal)
Slight graphical distortion at the edge of the screen, but they are gone.

Disable SMS Conversation in WM 6.X
In Registry Editor: Create a folder named “OEM” in “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\S e ttin gs”
In the new “OEM” folder, make a new DWORD key called “SMSInboxThreadingDisabled” and give it a value of “1″

OEM folder already exists, and adding the key to this folder works a treat, although any messages already in the system are lost. Back them up using something like PIM backup first.
This post has been thanked 73 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor

check this out cool app for location based chat (free) http://gippos.com/
Old 12-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexipink View Post
Im having this problem as well, any help guys.............

Go to \Program files\Diamond TF3D configurator\ and delete "tweaks.xml"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro