PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Essentials

Maybe others know this already but it is fairly easy to add "scrolling" via the touch wheel to several of the apps
For example to add it to contacts add the following registry settings
1) add "Contacts" folder to HKLM\Software\HTC\SmartTouch\
2) create string "ClassName" value="MSContactsUI"
2) create DWORD "WheelCount" value="2"
4) create DWORD "Mode" value="4"

Credit goes to this post which contains a cab that will "activate" the touch wheel in many other apps: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...41&postcount=2

I have not tried the cab but have done the contact registry changes above and now I can use the touch wheel to scroll through my contacts- good luck and have fun!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:38 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Noisy battery fix tutorial:
http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/showthread.php?t=175759
Old 11-17-2008, 03:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

abscess is just getting started

Upgrade Opera Mobile to the version that comes with the Touch HD (faster and better):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42080
Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Baff/Good things:
The cab in this xda link, post number 8 fixed up my kb auto completion for now. Check it out and find out if it is the same you have suggested or not. For now it is a good fix and even stores new entries....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=445959
Old 11-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Convenient timing hbenz... I was just digging through registry settings right this moment explicitly for T9 settings and was wondering if two particular settings were the culprit...

IMPORTANT: previously be sure that HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\XT9SupportMSSip has a value of 0.

This may just be the key and the reason the existing hacks don't work and eventually reverts back. I'll be posting a new cab... meh, right now.

Let's see if this version sticks! (I'm posting the new cab here, but I'll also replace the two other copies floating around as well just in case people grab those by accident.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip classic_word_completion.zip (605 Bytes, 1549 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For some reason my Battery Door Creaking /clicking fix got merged with another thread, so it's buried and not easy to find.

Here's the link to update the first post.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=34

-Ed
Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
IMPORTANT: previously be sure that HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\XT9SupportMSSip has a value of 0.

mine is set to "1".. what is that stating ?
This registry value is what enables XT9 support with the MS (Microsoft) SIP (Standard Input Protocol). 1 = True, 0 = False. If you use T9 mode, you should leave it as 1 (default).

The cab I've posted adjusts that value automatically when you install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoheb318 View Post
Hey GoodThings, I installed the classic word completion cab that you posted but it didn't do anything for me. Is it only meant for the stock ROM? I went into the registry but I couldn't even find XT9SupportMSSip
Soft reset and perform the following changes in Control Panel:

1. Start > Settings > Input.
2. Select Full QWERTY and click Options.
3. Select English, "Turn on one-touch symbol entry" and click T9 Settings.
4. Check ONLY the first and fourth options, uncheck the second and third.
5. Click OK twice to return to the main Input screen.
6. Click the Word Completion tab.
7. The options here SHOULD now work the way they've always worked on the Mogul and Touch, so set them how you want and open Word or a text message and give it a try.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
can u explain the difference between the mogul & touch and touch pro word completion.. u mean now it doesnt change i to I and dont to don't ... and with your fix it now does...?
Let's say you open a new text message to send to a friend... you start typing away (hardware or software keyboard), and you type the following:

Code:
i dont wa
With Classic Word Completion enabled, as you type it will automatically convert it to the following:

Code:

I don't wa
          [want]
          [wash]
          [watch]
As you can see it autocorrected the I and the don't and now it's offering (right in the text block as you type rather than in the soft-keyboard area), choices on what you want to use to finish the wa.

It's faster, it's more accurate, and you don't have to look at multiple points on the screen.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1120 View Post
anybody have the xml file specially made for the pro for the diamondon touchflo 3d config
I have a version posted earlier in this thread ... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1226419685

I plan to do some updates to it, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Damn.. I installed the audio lud cab. That made my speaker sound like it was a rattled can.
No big deal... just install the light audiopara enhancement over top of it...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41385
Old 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Just install the cab and follow the steps I posted above (the 7-steps in the Input control panel).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro