PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Essentials

GoodThings2Life

u seem to know allot about the registry .. i was wondering if u knew where to look for my spacing not working on texting...

i have a htc touch pro cdma and in input/setting word completion tab i have * add a space after word enabled... but when i am texting and i pick an auto completion word it places the word in my text but never adds the space
Old 11-19-2008, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddaddy84 View Post
I saw it before somewhere but now i can't find it for the life of me, but how can you change the sprint operator logo text?

Thanks.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=personalizer
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Zoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Anybody no the answer to this one?

Also I want to install the call history tab, but I dont know where to drop the "eXXXXmanilla" file at?

Any ideas?
To center your slider fallow the last paragraph of this post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=64

You should also drop the manilla file in the Windows Directory
Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw
Carrier: Verizon

mclaser is becoming a great contributor
Re: More tabs in Opera

Didn't read thru all of the post, so I hope this is new info/tip.

Increase number of tabs in Opera:
Ensure Opera is NOT running.
In \Windows\Opera9\opera.ini
Change Maximum Allowed Tabs to desired number. Don't know what the max is. I use 7 and haven't had any problem for weeks.

Someone mentioned that you need to edit Opera1.ini as well, but I don't know if that's necessary. I haven't. Maybe someone can advise better.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
i have a htc touch pro cdma and in input/setting word completion tab i have * add a space after word enabled... but when i am texting and i pick an auto completion word it places the word in my text but never adds the space
I'm not sure since I only use the autocorrection enabled... I actually hate the word completion option. But that said, it does seem pretty odd. I'm not sure if that's a compromise/limitation of using the word completion hack, or if that's an actual bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Anybody no the answer to this one?

Also I want to install the call history tab, but I dont know where to drop the "eXXXXmanilla" file at?

Any ideas?
All Manila files go into the \Windows folder on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexipink View Post
Is this the same cab as the one over at xda?
Not exactly the same, no. The XDA version doesn't integrate all of the known solutions for this hack. Specifically, they leave out the one that sets the current style to ABC instead of T9. Therefore, it doesn't act as a quick-fix if and when the issue appears again in the future.

By the way, while pink is indeed a very sexy color, and I always enjoy talking to a lovely lady in pink, it is incredibly difficult to read on a blue background...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandangalo View Post
Ugh, I can't believe how much of a noob I am at PPCs. I'm trying to remove the Sprint carrier logo on my Home screen, and I know I need to edit the 443d5315_manila file, but I don't know how to do it/what exactly I need to edit...
You can find information on how to edit Manila files using the Customize your Manila / TouchFLO3D link in my signature.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch, Touch Pro, BB8330

mandangalo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mandangalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot17 View Post
when i try to useAdvanced Config 3.3 i get the error message that says "This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft.NET Compact Framework than the version installed on device." where to get the correct version
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTake12 View Post
goodlife2life or the person who in charge of this thread...

i think you should add this to your guys stuff...

SETTINGS>PHONE>SERVICES>TIME SYNCHRONIZATION>(click GET SETTING)

it saves battery life.. i can go a day without charging....
And do what with it? Uncheck? Check? I've tried leaving this disabled in the past and it has yet to offer any benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchPro>Iphone View Post
Im trying to open the opera.ini file using the phone but there is no program I have that will allow me to open and change it. How do I edit it? DO i have to connect it to the computer and edit the file that way??
I always edit files by copying them to the PC, editing in Notepad, and then copying back to the phone. I find it much easier that way since I can keep a backup copy handy in case of a mistake. However, you can also use Total Commander for file editing, but make sure that Opera is fully closed before editing the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot17 View Post
when i try to useAdvanced Config 3.3 i get the error message that says "This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft.NET Compact Framework than the version installed on device." where to get the correct version
Be extremely cautious running Advanced Config on a CDMA-based phone like the Touch Pro! It will break your ability to answer your phone. Please see the fix on the first post if that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandangalo View Post
Old 11-21-2008, 02:34 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

FYI:

SecondToday - gives you a second today screen to allow you to use other today screen items in tandem with TouchFlo 3D.
Added 11/12/08:

Could just be my phone, but after I started making registry changes mToday would not change back to the TF3D screen without a soft reset.

Anybody else having this issue?

Old 11-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Re: Classic Word Completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmkconn View Post
Just got an Alltel Touch Pro for my wife. I currently use a Sprint Touch Pro. I have tried with success many of the Registry Edits on the Sprint TP but when I try them on the Alltel TP they do not appear to work. Specifically the SlideWakeup feature will not turn off. Any ideas?
It's not uncommon to have some hacks work with some phones and not others. I have a friend that got an Alltel version... I'll see if I can't test some settings out on his this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrygon View Post
Hi, I am looking in the windows folder in the root of the phone and I do not have that file. I have the touch pro from sprint. Any other ideas?
Menu > Show All Files

If you're on the PC looking through ActiveSync, make sure you enable Windows Explorer to show all hidden files... Tools > Folder Options > View tab, and you'll find 3 options in the middle of the listing about hidden files/folders and system files... basically, set it up so that it shows everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidBox2 View Post
...lots of stuff here...
For the Picture Mail, yeah, even with the update it pretty much sucks. I use sMMS and highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidBox2 View Post
GoodThings,
I extracted the cab, and followed your instructions. Tried a text without success. Soft reset, another failed attempt. I'm assuming 2 things.
1. Should extract to Windows
2. Word suggestions come up as you type.
I'm not sure which cab you're referring to since I have posted several all over the place, lol.

In most cases, you don't need to extract anything... just copy them to the phone (via ActiveSync > Explore while the phone is plugged into the computer) or via SD card... and then tap on the files.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Talking Re: Touch Pro Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by shostetler View Post
*sigh*.... thank you! I knew it would be too simple. I'm used to my old Sanyo M1, trying to figure this thing out, just installing mp3's and figuring out how to hack the registry is proving more difficult than on my home pc, I'll come around eventually and the forums are being a wealth of info. Thank you again...
I am happy to help... Also, you can click the icon to give thanks... If you have any questions, use the search function... If you can't find any help, just post a thread and people will try to help you out... Like this for instance... Below is a link to a thread about editing the WM Registry... You will find a lot of info here on PPC Geeks...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=registry

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro