View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 04:37 PM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Classic Word Completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmkconn View Post
Just got an Alltel Touch Pro for my wife. I currently use a Sprint Touch Pro. I have tried with success many of the Registry Edits on the Sprint TP but when I try them on the Alltel TP they do not appear to work. Specifically the SlideWakeup feature will not turn off. Any ideas?
It's not uncommon to have some hacks work with some phones and not others. I have a friend that got an Alltel version... I'll see if I can't test some settings out on his this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrygon View Post
Hi, I am looking in the windows folder in the root of the phone and I do not have that file. I have the touch pro from sprint. Any other ideas?
Menu > Show All Files

If you're on the PC looking through ActiveSync, make sure you enable Windows Explorer to show all hidden files... Tools > Folder Options > View tab, and you'll find 3 options in the middle of the listing about hidden files/folders and system files... basically, set it up so that it shows everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidBox2 View Post
...lots of stuff here...
For the Picture Mail, yeah, even with the update it pretty much sucks. I use sMMS and highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidBox2 View Post
GoodThings,
I extracted the cab, and followed your instructions. Tried a text without success. Soft reset, another failed attempt. I'm assuming 2 things.
1. Should extract to Windows
2. Word suggestions come up as you type.
I'm not sure which cab you're referring to since I have posted several all over the place, lol.

In most cases, you don't need to extract anything... just copy them to the phone (via ActiveSync > Explore while the phone is plugged into the computer) or via SD card... and then tap on the files.