View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 10:40 AM
duofold
N00b

duofold is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Essentials

This has been a fantastic thread...and I'm sure I'll revisit it many times over.

I'm still learning a lot so I thought I'd share some of my experiences & ask a few questions.

When adding US cities to the TF3D weather tab, I just use the zip code for the location code. It seems to work fine and is a hell of a lot easier than typing in all of the vertical lines of the drawn out location code only found using the virtual keyboard.

During the installation, I committed a noob mistake and didn't read this essential's emphasis - instead, I installed the latest 1.2 cab. After rereading the essential's warning on the subject and iinstalling the modified 1.1 cab, I no longer was stunted by the file write protection error message.

When downloading cabs to my pc, I've tried doubleclicking the cab file so that it would automatically install during my active sync. But instead of installing, when I double click, the cab file opens & reveals subfiles. Any suggestions?

Also, just to be sure...which PHM Registry Editor cab do I use for the Touch Pro? After scanning different forums, I've seen conflicting links (smartphone, ppc, palm pc). I ultimately chose the Pocket PC 2002,2003 (ARM/PXA) cab. I initially tried to download the Desktop Installer (via ActiveSync), but the install always aborts and gives me an error message at the last moment. The PPC 2002,2003 (ARM/PXA) cab seems to work but confirmation from those more experienced would be nice.

The reg edit for eliminating the irritating text msg sent popup works perfectly.

I've also installed htorch and that works fine too. I've got it listed as one of my Program tiles in TF3D. Is there any quicker way to get to the flashlight other than to go to the Programs tab and click on htorch? Also, do others see a slight delay (spinning color wheel) after opening htorch?

So, all of this in a frenzy of late night activity. I came from an absolute beginner's background. But with this essentials post, I feel like if I can do, anyone can too.

Thanks a lot!
This post has been thanked 1 times.