PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
and i totally agree with u its sickening the people concerned with the release date to return their diamonds or other devices. i feel zero pitty for diamond buyers who bought it with no intentions to keep it and swap it for a pro under 30 days, in fact i hope its delayed a week or 2 just to show people what dishonesty does. Dont buy a phone unless you have a legit interest in trying it to keep it, and dont ruin the system by trying to get a loaner phone for 30 days with no intentions on keeping it. If you really honestly tried a phone out and dont like it or came from say a mogul to a diamond and cant use the screen keyboard thats one thing, but dont knowingly try to play the system to get a brand new 30 day loaner phone to go ahead and exchange it just for the sake of having a diamond for example for 30 days. Thats totally unethical and wrong. All this will do is make it harder for people with legit problems and returns to do so and just cause the policies to become tighter and harder to get anything done. Then youll complain when sprint raises phone and service prices and when you go in for service you get refurns which people complain about (which i think is ludicrous because theyve been totally rebuilt and are no worse). But you can, in part, thank the people who returned theres to play the system why you got someones hand-me-down when you paid a few hundred dollars for a new phone.

and i agree when it comes it comes, better late and working then early and buggy like another mogul fiasco and then everyone posting complaining about it
If sprint wouldnt make horrible marketing decisions and be an "honest" company and release both phones at the same time, since they already have the phones manufactured, there just waiting for businees users market share to be interested in a new phone since fiscal year would be starting and new budgets approved.They wouldnt have a the problem of a user who bought a diamond only to find out the Internal 4 gb's is not enough storage,Especially the younger users with mountains of pics and mp3's or that the onscreen keyboard is a joke to send out emails. A great deal of dimaonds that were ordered through telesales would not connect to the internet out of the box and though activation, or maybe it's the ones that ordered the Diamond, did so as a learning experience so that when the Touch Pro is released it's bugs and issues are all figured out and once again the ppc community saved a large number of sprint customers from leaving by doing sprints work for them. I think if sprint would follow the suggestions of what the market is demanding, and stop trying to figure out things on their own, everybody would be much happier and sprint wouldnt be worried about losing more customers, especially in the current economic state. Lets face it HTC knows how to make devices ! It's the carriers that decide what the phone will have and do, all in effort to increase profit. Which is fine, but dont do it at the customers expense, as you may not have many customers if that continues and the whole thing will be pointless. Do people abuse the system? YES. Is it Sprints fault. YES. They provide the channel for it to be abused, so it's going to happen. But if they had just the best service, top-notch OS's, better coverage, and better support and would stop trying to manipulate their customers they wouldnt have to worry about large numbers of customers returning the phone any reason. Just do it already Sprint. Why is it that we as a communinty can figure out how to make better ROMS, slicker apps, and not charge a freaking penny for it ! You might as well jsut release the hardware and wait for us to figure out the rest for you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
and i totally agree with u its sickening the people concerned with the release date to return their diamonds or other devices. i feel zero pitty for diamond buyers who bought it with no intentions to keep it and swap it for a pro under 30 days, in fact i hope its delayed a week or 2 just to show people what dishonesty does. Dont buy a phone unless you have a legit interest in trying it to keep it, and dont ruin the system by trying to get a loaner phone for 30 days with no intentions on keeping it. If you really honestly tried a phone out and dont like it or came from say a mogul to a diamond and cant use the screen keyboard thats one thing, but dont knowingly try to play the system to get a brand new 30 day loaner phone to go ahead and exchange it just for the sake of having a diamond for example for 30 days. Thats totally unethical and wrong. All this will do is make it harder for people with legit problems and returns to do so and just cause the policies to become tighter and harder to get anything done. Then youll complain when sprint raises phone and service prices and when you go in for service you get refurns which people complain about (which i think is ludicrous because theyve been totally rebuilt and are no worse). But you can, in part, thank the people who returned theres to play the system why you got someones hand-me-down when you paid a few hundred dollars for a new phone.

and i agree when it comes it comes, better late and working then early and buggy like another mogul fiasco and then everyone posting complaining about it
I agree it does seem a little ridiculous that this is happening, and it does seem to violate the "spirit" of the return policy. Eventually Sprint will feel like the system is being abused and modify it much to the chagrin of the "abusers" and the legitimate users. However as other posters have pointed out, they aren't exactly breaking any rules.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
If sprint wouldnt make horrible marketing decisions and be an "honest" company
I didn't see anything in your entire post that would make Sprint a dishonest company.

There are many reasons why a company wouldn't want to release both products at the same time and none of them I can think of make them dishonest. Sure some of the reasons might be business driven, but they are a business.

All I see is a bunch of excited PPC enthusiasts. And to that I must quote Mad Max 2:

Quote:
Be still my dog of war. I understand your pain
Old 10-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixo12 View Post
I guess if you was workin for my company I would give up a pat on the back but that is Sprint policy. I can get a phone, keep it for 30 days and turn it back in. No questions asked. Why be upset about that? Some people like me just wanted to get use to the OS. I never had a windows phone and I really wanted the mogul until I saw the pro was coming out. The phone can be delayed for however long it wants to be but the fact is we can still get a refund by turning in the Diamond. So quit crying like Sprint is gonna read this and give you a free Pro by sticking up for them. Its their policy and we gonna take advantage of it.

"that REALLY annoys me, costs my company big money and eventually costs me money as an employee" quote from thelastpoet........ Gimme a damn break and get the hell over it. I didnt know you had stock in Sprint for it to "your" company but your still a employee. You sound like a clown.

@SprintTouch08.... Nobody trying to play the "system". Thats Sprint policy. If Sprint didnt want this to happen im pretty sure the would have a clause in place for this not to happen.
Amen. =D>
Old 10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I heard all the crying about us returning the Diamond. And I just had to frown. I go the diamond for the reason of trying it out and see if I like it. Simple. No harm done. But then later I realized how much I do need a physical Keyboard. So this beautity of a phone will go back. I will return it for a full refund and wait for the Pro. Thank you! Come Again!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I heard all the crying about us returning the Diamond. And I just had to frown. I go the diamond for the reason of trying it out and see if I like it. Simple. No harm done. But then later I realized how much I do need a physical Keyboard. So this beautity of a phone will go back. I will return it for a full refund and wait for the Pro. Thank you! Come Again!
Well I think the issue people are complaining about is when someone buys the Diamond knowing full well they aren't going to keep it and trade it in for a Touch Pro as soon as it comes out. I don't think they're complaining about someone buying the Diamond thinking they'd like it, only to find out it doesn't meet their needs.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

exactly banzai.

No thats totally cool, as i said earlier, if you bought it legit to try it out and cant get by without a keyboard. But there are plenty of certain people in here admittedly bought a diamond with no intention to keep it, just to have something to tinker with for 30 days. That hurts everyone- customers who get stuck with refurbs, and sprint who loses that phone they could have sold new as now being used and can only be used for a swap. that hurts them a lot in terms of $$$. Then you have people coming in here saying "I had to swap mt 1 week old Diamond i paid $550 for and got a used one, thats BS." And its not fair to get something used when you purchased one new a week earlier and spent money.

As Spork said, eventually its just going to hurt customer's when the policies clamp down or they begin delaying phones to make sure theyre more than 30 days apart in release. Eventually it may force them to going back to the old 15 day period or perhaps even less.

sprint has a return policy for YOU as a customer's benefit not their own. they lose money when people return them because they are no longer new devices that they can sell AND you got another new device from their stock. This is far from dishonest or letting the system be abused. People abuse a system, the system doesnt abuse the customer. The policy is there for your own benefit. sprint could technically say no returns at all and thats that too. I see no manipulation of customers at all, either you like the the phone or you dont. Just because you THINK the pro should be out at the same time doesnt mean it should be so, there are plenty of underlying business reasons and thats what it is- business decisions. Its far from trying to purposely screw people and not telling them of the existance of the pro ahead of time, they have no obligation to do so. Every sector of life has these consequences for instant buying. you buy a car, the next year a new better model comes out. you buy windows xp and boom vista was out, and boom wm7 is coming out. Technology is always changing, its personal choice to act on a purchase right then and there instead of wait and see whats next. thats the customer fault not the company fault for not revealing their master plan to you, otherwise there would be no competition and would make the US a pretty crappy place to be a consumer- more so than already with the economy

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 10-05-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Draiko is keeping up the good workDraiko is keeping up the good work

I bought my diamond to see if I could get by without a microSD card slot until the Tegra devices come out...

I don't think I can. The Extra $50 for the Pro is well worth it for that card slot and TV out.

The Keyboard... I'd prefer it over the on-screen thing, but it's not my main deciding factor.

Why didn't they just put a microSD card slot on the Diamond?! ARGH!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Though there are some honest swappers, i dont want to see any complaints either.

If the pro gets delayed, and you are out of your 30 days, that's just the risk you took by getting the diamond. Dont call CS and bytch to them that sprint is evil, keep your diamond and be happy its the phone you bought. Finally, if you know it might be delayed, and youve had enough time to make a decision, turn the phone in already. All you are doing is holding on to it just to occupy your time, and that's not what the grace period was made for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

lixo12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Though there are some honest swappers, i dont want to see any complaints either.

If the pro gets delayed, and you are out of your 30 days, that's just the risk you took by getting the diamond. Dont call CS and bytch to them that sprint is evil, keep your diamond and be happy its the phone you bought. Finally, if you know it might be delayed, and youve had enough time to make a decision, turn the phone in already. All you are doing is holding on to it just to occupy your time, and that's not what the grace period was made for.

Well if thats the case Sprint should never released the date when their phones are coming out because with that info people knew they had that 30 day window to try out and return the phone. Most buyers knew when the Diamond and Pro was coming out. So I dont blame either one of them (including myself) because with that info we knew we could get the Diamond and return it within that 30 day window for a Pro for whatever reason. Dont knock the consumer. Thats Sprint policy. I fully understand its real costly for Sprint but I have no remorse over a policy that Sprint wrote.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro