View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
SprintTouch08
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

exactly banzai.

No thats totally cool, as i said earlier, if you bought it legit to try it out and cant get by without a keyboard. But there are plenty of certain people in here admittedly bought a diamond with no intention to keep it, just to have something to tinker with for 30 days. That hurts everyone- customers who get stuck with refurbs, and sprint who loses that phone they could have sold new as now being used and can only be used for a swap. that hurts them a lot in terms of $$$. Then you have people coming in here saying "I had to swap mt 1 week old Diamond i paid $550 for and got a used one, thats BS." And its not fair to get something used when you purchased one new a week earlier and spent money.

As Spork said, eventually its just going to hurt customer's when the policies clamp down or they begin delaying phones to make sure theyre more than 30 days apart in release. Eventually it may force them to going back to the old 15 day period or perhaps even less.

sprint has a return policy for YOU as a customer's benefit not their own. they lose money when people return them because they are no longer new devices that they can sell AND you got another new device from their stock. This is far from dishonest or letting the system be abused. People abuse a system, the system doesnt abuse the customer. The policy is there for your own benefit. sprint could technically say no returns at all and thats that too. I see no manipulation of customers at all, either you like the the phone or you dont. Just because you THINK the pro should be out at the same time doesnt mean it should be so, there are plenty of underlying business reasons and thats what it is- business decisions. Its far from trying to purposely screw people and not telling them of the existance of the pro ahead of time, they have no obligation to do so. Every sector of life has these consequences for instant buying. you buy a car, the next year a new better model comes out. you buy windows xp and boom vista was out, and boom wm7 is coming out. Technology is always changing, its personal choice to act on a purchase right then and there instead of wait and see whats next. thats the customer fault not the company fault for not revealing their master plan to you, otherwise there would be no competition and would make the US a pretty crappy place to be a consumer- more so than already with the economy

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 10-05-2008 at 06:09 PM.