View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
marcus_cruz
Regular 'Geeker

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
and i totally agree with u its sickening the people concerned with the release date to return their diamonds or other devices. i feel zero pitty for diamond buyers who bought it with no intentions to keep it and swap it for a pro under 30 days, in fact i hope its delayed a week or 2 just to show people what dishonesty does. Dont buy a phone unless you have a legit interest in trying it to keep it, and dont ruin the system by trying to get a loaner phone for 30 days with no intentions on keeping it. If you really honestly tried a phone out and dont like it or came from say a mogul to a diamond and cant use the screen keyboard thats one thing, but dont knowingly try to play the system to get a brand new 30 day loaner phone to go ahead and exchange it just for the sake of having a diamond for example for 30 days. Thats totally unethical and wrong. All this will do is make it harder for people with legit problems and returns to do so and just cause the policies to become tighter and harder to get anything done. Then youll complain when sprint raises phone and service prices and when you go in for service you get refurns which people complain about (which i think is ludicrous because theyve been totally rebuilt and are no worse). But you can, in part, thank the people who returned theres to play the system why you got someones hand-me-down when you paid a few hundred dollars for a new phone.

and i agree when it comes it comes, better late and working then early and buggy like another mogul fiasco and then everyone posting complaining about it
If sprint wouldnt make horrible marketing decisions and be an "honest" company and release both phones at the same time, since they already have the phones manufactured, there just waiting for businees users market share to be interested in a new phone since fiscal year would be starting and new budgets approved.They wouldnt have a the problem of a user who bought a diamond only to find out the Internal 4 gb's is not enough storage,Especially the younger users with mountains of pics and mp3's or that the onscreen keyboard is a joke to send out emails. A great deal of dimaonds that were ordered through telesales would not connect to the internet out of the box and though activation, or maybe it's the ones that ordered the Diamond, did so as a learning experience so that when the Touch Pro is released it's bugs and issues are all figured out and once again the ppc community saved a large number of sprint customers from leaving by doing sprints work for them. I think if sprint would follow the suggestions of what the market is demanding, and stop trying to figure out things on their own, everybody would be much happier and sprint wouldnt be worried about losing more customers, especially in the current economic state. Lets face it HTC knows how to make devices ! It's the carriers that decide what the phone will have and do, all in effort to increase profit. Which is fine, but dont do it at the customers expense, as you may not have many customers if that continues and the whole thing will be pointless. Do people abuse the system? YES. Is it Sprints fault. YES. They provide the channel for it to be abused, so it's going to happen. But if they had just the best service, top-notch OS's, better coverage, and better support and would stop trying to manipulate their customers they wouldnt have to worry about large numbers of customers returning the phone any reason. Just do it already Sprint. Why is it that we as a communinty can figure out how to make better ROMS, slicker apps, and not charge a freaking penny for it ! You might as well jsut release the hardware and wait for us to figure out the rest for you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.