PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

lixo12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
exactly banzai.

No thats totally cool, as i said earlier, if you bought it legit to try it out and cant get by without a keyboard. But there are plenty of certain people in here admittedly bought a diamond with no intention to keep it, just to have something to tinker with for 30 days. That hurts everyone- customers who get stuck with refurbs, and sprint who loses that phone they could have sold new as now being used and can only be used for a swap. that hurts them a lot in terms of $$$. Then you have people coming in here saying "I had to swap mt 1 week old Diamond i paid $550 for and got a used one, thats BS." And its not fair to get something used when you purchased one new a week earlier and spent money.

As Spork said, eventually its just going to hurt customer's when the policies clamp down or they begin delaying phones to make sure theyre more than 30 days apart in release. Eventually it may force them to going back to the old 15 day period or perhaps even less.

sprint has a return policy for YOU as a customer's benefit not their own. they lose money when people return them because they are no longer new devices that they can sell AND you got another new device from their stock. This is far from dishonest or letting the system be abused. People abuse a system, the system doesnt abuse the customer. The policy is there for your own benefit. sprint could technically say no returns at all and thats that too. I see no manipulation of customers at all, either you like the the phone or you dont. Just because you THINK the pro should be out at the same time doesnt mean it should be so, there are plenty of underlying business reasons and thats what it is- business decisions. Its far from trying to purposely screw people and not telling them of the existance of the pro ahead of time, they have no obligation to do so. Every sector of life has these consequences for instant buying. you buy a car, the next year a new better model comes out. you buy windows xp and boom vista was out, and boom wm7 is coming out. Technology is always changing, its personal choice to act on a purchase right then and there instead of wait and see whats next. thats the customer fault not the company fault for not revealing their master plan to you, otherwise there would be no competition and would make the US a pretty crappy place to be a consumer- more so than already with the economy

It is a benefit of their own. I see you have never run a business before. Let just make one thing clear.. Without customers they have no business. Sprint made their policies to be a customer friendly as possible. They know they have to do whatever it takes to keep your service. Do you really think Sprint is losing so much money by people turning in phones? Believe me when I tell you those phones can be sold again as a "new" phone. A big corporation like Sprint im pretty sure have ways of doing this. What your saying doesnt make any sense because earlier in a post you said a refurb phone was just as good as a new phone. I really dont understand your reasoning behind all of this. You can believe all the hype about Sprint paying top dollar for the phones. Like anything in bulk im pretty sure Sprint got a real good deal for the Diamond or whatever phone they sell. To say someone is wrong or should feel bad that they bought a phone knowing they didnt want to keep it in the first place is total BS. Me as the consumer can do whatever they please (as long as that company policy states) when I put my money into buying something. I will tell you first hand the Diamond is a beautiful phone but it is no where close to perfect. Without me and other people trying out this phone we would have never known about these issues the phone has. So in a way we are doing a service to people out there who wants to know about the phone. I really could go on and on about this but I choose not to. I just hope all these people who is showing so much concern about returning a phone puts that same energy into more important things that really matters.

Last edited by lixo12; 10-05-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that if Sprint was really loosing too much money on returns that they would have implemented a restocking fee by now?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

lixo12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg2k3 View Post
Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that if Sprint was really loosing too much money on returns that they would have implemented a restocking fee by now?

exactly......
Old 10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg2k3 View Post
U know as well as everyone that sprint isnt the brightest, i have a feeling that theyll spread the blow before making customers pay restocking. Not to mention it sounds pretty bad from a consumer standpoint that i would have to pay for something i no longer have... so who knows, the next restocking fee may come in the form of yet another txt message fee. Financial loses can be made up anywhere they see fit..

And lixo, i agree, i work the sprint cs system whenever i get the chance, but when things dont go my way i dont cry. U may not, but there is going to be a lot of crying when some of these diamond owners are shut out from the touch pro. Simply put, if you play the game and lose, dont turn into an infant.

*readies for flood of "sprint is teh evil cuz they made me keep my diamond" threads regardless of this post*
Old 10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work

the main reasons for returns is because customers leave the store not knowing how to operate their device hence the new "ready now" program...what they will try to do is make sure you know 100% how to operate your phone so that you wont bring it back and curb churn...

but when you purchase a phone at a discount it takes sprint almost the entire duration of your contract to recoup that money and turn a profit...that profit pays for EVDO enhancements...better coverage...etc etc...

the money they lose from those subsidies gets made up by YOU...by disabling PAM services w/o higher cost data plans, making you HAVE to purchase a 25 dollar net package for full rebates when as pda users you could totally get away with the 15 dollar one...higher rate plans... etc etc...

you only do yourself a disservice...sprint isnt run by idiots...you just dont see how that specific practice effects you and me (the customers) directly

nevermind the fact that a high churn rate also takes money away from the employee by making them have to reform commission structures...benefits packages...TSR training...CSR training...number of employees etc etc...

its not just as simple as i can do it...so ima do it...there are real repercussions for doing so...

and thats coming from a 5 yr sprint customer and a 2 yr employee
Old 10-06-2008, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
exactly banzai.

No thats totally cool, as i said earlier, if you bought it legit to try it out and cant get by without a keyboard. But there are plenty of certain people in here admittedly bought a diamond with no intention to keep it, just to have something to tinker with for 30 days. That hurts everyone- customers who get stuck with refurbs, and sprint who loses that phone they could have sold new as now being used and can only be used for a swap. that hurts them a lot in terms of $$$. Then you have people coming in here saying "I had to swap mt 1 week old Diamond i paid $550 for and got a used one, thats BS." And its not fair to get something used when you purchased one new a week earlier and spent money.

As Spork said, eventually its just going to hurt customer's when the policies clamp down or they begin delaying phones to make sure theyre more than 30 days apart in release. Eventually it may force them to going back to the old 15 day period or perhaps even less.

sprint has a return policy for YOU as a customer's benefit not their own. they lose money when people return them because they are no longer new devices that they can sell AND you got another new device from their stock. This is far from dishonest or letting the system be abused. People abuse a system, the system doesnt abuse the customer. The policy is there for your own benefit. sprint could technically say no returns at all and thats that too. I see no manipulation of customers at all, either you like the the phone or you dont. Just because you THINK the pro should be out at the same time doesnt mean it should be so, there are plenty of underlying business reasons and thats what it is- business decisions. Its far from trying to purposely screw people and not telling them of the existance of the pro ahead of time, they have no obligation to do so. Every sector of life has these consequences for instant buying. you buy a car, the next year a new better model comes out. you buy windows xp and boom vista was out, and boom wm7 is coming out. Technology is always changing, its personal choice to act on a purchase right then and there instead of wait and see whats next. thats the customer fault not the company fault for not revealing their master plan to you, otherwise there would be no competition and would make the US a pretty crappy place to be a consumer- more so than already with the economy
they shoud have just released both phones at the same time and this situation would've been avoided. case closed
Old 10-06-2008, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work

thats economically stupid...theres no good business reason to do that

different phones have different release dates...simple as that
Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd View Post
A lot of people would get hosed over if this were true since they are planning on returning their diamond for the touch pro.
Thats a good reason for sprint to change the launch date tho... sux for ppl with doing that in mind tho
Old 10-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I too have the Diamond and plan on returning it for the Pro. However, I was given the Pro as an advance exchange for my Mogul. I was told that when the Pro is released we will swap again. I am really hoping that the Pro is released sooner than later due to the lack of a hardware keyboard. My fat fingers don't like the onscreen keyboard and I don't like having to pull the stylus out all the time.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800-> Diamond

freegood is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
If sprint wouldnt make horrible marketing decisions and be an "honest" company and release both phones at the same time, since they already have the phones manufactured, there just waiting for businees users market share to be interested in a new phone since fiscal year would be starting and new budgets approved.They wouldnt have a the problem of a user who bought a diamond only to find out the Internal 4 gb's is not enough storage,Especially the younger users with mountains of pics and mp3's or that the onscreen keyboard is a joke to send out emails. A great deal of dimaonds that were ordered through telesales would not connect to the internet out of the box and though activation, or maybe it's the ones that ordered the Diamond, did so as a learning experience so that when the Touch Pro is released it's bugs and issues are all figured out and once again the ppc community saved a large number of sprint customers from leaving by doing sprints work for them. I think if sprint would follow the suggestions of what the market is demanding, and stop trying to figure out things on their own, everybody would be much happier and sprint wouldnt be worried about losing more customers, especially in the current economic state. Lets face it HTC knows how to make devices ! It's the carriers that decide what the phone will have and do, all in effort to increase profit. Which is fine, but dont do it at the customers expense, as you may not have many customers if that continues and the whole thing will be pointless. Do people abuse the system? YES. Is it Sprints fault. YES. They provide the channel for it to be abused, so it's going to happen. But if they had just the best service, top-notch OS's, better coverage, and better support and would stop trying to manipulate their customers they wouldnt have to worry about large numbers of customers returning the phone any reason. Just do it already Sprint. Why is it that we as a communinty can figure out how to make better ROMS, slicker apps, and not charge a freaking penny for it ! You might as well jsut release the hardware and wait for us to figure out the rest for you.
::slow clap::

Some people like abusing good faith policies of a system and use the image of a big and "evil" corporation to rationalize it. I like those who admit it and not type 5 page essays on why they're justified in doing it.

If Sprint was abusing you and your dog, you could just leave and choose a better carrier...

You probably already know, but I highly doubt another carrier has such a generous swap policy.

So yeah, let's teach Sprint a lesson until they're like all the other good and responsible phone companies!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro