PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Raspster is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

I just received my confirmation from EVP and they attached the mail in rebate for the touch pro. Funny how the rebate expires on 11/1/08. Take that for what its worth for a release date..
Old 10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Woot. I placed my pre-order today with EVP. I didn't want them to charge a CC, so I asked them to charge my Sprint account.

My rep said it should be released on the 19th, and with 2 day shipping I should have it on the 21st. Also said that is as long as Sprint doesnt push back the release.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-02-2008, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

my vote..... telesales on the 10/19.... in stores 11/2
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
He's been quite accurate in the past, with rom release dates and whatnot. The problem is that Sprint is so sectioned off that employees often don't know the whole story. I get a different answer from every rep I talk to, not just with release dates.
I don't know about you, but recently I've had extensive contact with several reps. I've only received two answers about the touch pro. "I don't know" and "October 19th" so I'm going to go with 10/19 telesales.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I don't know about you, but recently I've had extensive contact with several reps. I've only received two answers about the touch pro. "I don't know" and "October 19th" so I'm going to go with 10/19 telesales.
...well I have had your two responses and "sometime in October"

10/19 is my vote...that puts me at 27 days on a return or I wait a couple weeks until Nov. 1 and do an upgrade.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

sling is a n00b

Codyppc is right 99% of the time so im going with 10/19 as well
Old 10-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Being one of the first people to pre-order my Pro, I can say that he could be absolutely correct on the push-back. At no point in time has anyone been able to concretely-say that the phone will be released on the 19th.

People may as well just stop talking about the release dates, because we know they are almost never accurate. Just enjoy the phone when it comes to the market.

Thank you,

Common Sense
What are you talking about? Sprint had a press release saying very explicitly that it would be released oct 19th - this is not a rumor.

Quote:
HTC Touch Pro: HTC Touch Pro is a professional workhorse that enables mobile professionals to easily balance their professional and personal lives. Along with the features available on HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro adds a five-row, slide-out QWERTY keyboard for easy data entry, expandable storage capabilities with a microSD card slot (1 GB card included) and a business card scanner application to automatically capture and convert business card information to contacts using the built-in 3.2 MP camera/camcorder. Additionally, with Windows Mobile 6.1, users have access to security and device management capabilities desired by most business customers when used with Microsoft's System Center Mobile Device Manager solution. HTC Touch Pro will be available Oct. 19 for $299.99 with a two-year contract and after a $100 mail-in rebate.
In this very same press release, dated 9/10 they didn't even give a date for the diamond, they said it would be released in september.....

Source: http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...804&highlight=
Old 10-02-2008, 11:44 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
Ok, so I just got off the phone with the CEO of Sprint, and he told me that they have decided NOT to release the Touch Pro. They have sold all the devices to Alltel and plan on waiting until they can make a deal with Apple in a few years to release an Iphone. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Ok, obviously I'm kidding...

I really hope it is released on the 19th, but the 2nd of November wouldn't surprise me much either.
Lolz.

dan@sprint.com
Old 10-03-2008, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I simply meant that no matter what question I ask them, be it simple or not, I get a different answer from every rep. Every time. It's really odd. I know Sprint is a large company, but I've never experienced such a disconnection between departments before, not to mention such uninformed csr's.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shortstack2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
well ecare just emailed me earlier an told me its scheduled for 10-19.
and ecare is very well informed on all aspects of sprint and never gets anything wrong. If i had a nickel for everytime ecare was wrong on something i would be RICH =D>
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro