PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

as of yesterday when i recieved my confirmed pre-order email from my EVP rep, the telesales release date is 10/19 and it will be shipped 10/20. i asked my rep about the chatter about the date being moved into November and she said she was in a meeting early yesterday morning and had been told the release date of 10/19 is still good.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

d94 is just getting started

should i be callin sprint right now to setup my diamond > pro exchange

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i don't see why they'd delay it for two weeks... it's not like they can make any changes to it now... everything is probably finalized and going back now would just cost money. any possible reasons they might delay (examples from past products)?
i wouldn't be surprised if telesales was still 10/19 with a street date of 11/2. if there was a delay, i'd think it would be made public before the launch date gets too close. the closer the launch date, the more customers will be angry with a delay.
in any case, thanks for the heads up... at least if it is delayed, we won't be in shock like others who have not come across this post.

edit: i found this on another thread (look at the red text):

"Just returned my Diamond to a Sprint store in Tempe, AZ. The sales rep was pretty mellow when doing the return, he didn't seemed shocked at anything I told him about the phone.
Reasons for my return were: Heat issue when doing anything on the phone for longer than 10 minutes/ the problem with the phone saving the correct AZ time/ problems with low storage memory/ and the simple fact that I don't think the phone is that much of an upgrade over a HTC Touch that has the ROM tweaks.
I told him I might take a look at the Pro, due to the storage slot, keyboard, and faster processor. Out of curiousity, I asked him when this corporate store would have the Pro, his response was that it had just been pushed back (due to what he thought was the removal of a video conferencing feature) into November. Not worth a lot, but he did know about the Phone."
so, that's two now that say there will be a delay! damn sprint, if this is true.

Last edited by lipidfats; 10-03-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i don't see why they'd delay it for two weeks... it's not like they can make any changes to it now... everything is probably finalized and going back now would just cost money. any possible reasons they might delay (examples from past products)?
i wouldn't be surprised if telesales was still 10/19 with a street date of 11/2. if there was a delay, i'd think it would be made public before the launch date gets too close. the closer the launch date, the more customers will be angry with a delay.
in any case, thanks for the heads up... at least if it is delayed, we won't be in shock like others who have not come across this post.

edit: i found this on another thread (look at the red text):

"Just returned my Diamond to a Sprint store in Tempe, AZ. The sales rep was pretty mellow when doing the return, he didn't seemed shocked at anything I told him about the phone.
Reasons for my return were: Heat issue when doing anything on the phone for longer than 10 minutes/ the problem with the phone saving the correct AZ time/ problems with low storage memory/ and the simple fact that I don't think the phone is that much of an upgrade over a HTC Touch that has the ROM tweaks.
I told him I might take a look at the Pro, due to the storage slot, keyboard, and faster processor. Out of curiousity, I asked him when this corporate store would have the Pro, his response was that it had just been pushed back (due to what he thought was the removal of a video conferencing feature) into November. Not worth a lot, but he did know about the Phone."
so, that's two now that say there will be a delay! damn sprint, if this is true.
What? Why would they remove the video conferencing feature? I was all set to purchase the video connector!
Old 10-03-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sprintmogulfan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to sprintmogulfan

Crap!!!!! I did purchase the video cable!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Note it says VIDEO CONFERENCING not video output. Video conferencing used the front facing camera which isn't included. Sprint has known they aren't providing the front facing camera so this sounds kinda fishy....
Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
What? Why would they remove the video conferencing feature? I was all set to purchase the video connector!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintmogulfan View Post
Crap!!!!! I did purchase the video cable!
They are talking about video conferencing, so talking to someone and seeing their face as they talk to you. The video out is still enabled. you'll be able to plug it to your monitor and still be good to go.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

BigBlondeAndBlueMale is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I think you're full of ****. You're a new member with only 6 posts, and you keep posting these 'push backs.'

I have it confirmed from several people at sprint in dealing with my current issues that it will be released on the 19th. Several people have preordered from EVP and also received ship dates of the 20th. So please stop spreading fud.
Well, you are absolutely right. Being a new member and having 6 posts, is directly correlated to how much information I may have with regard to an actual release date for the Touch Pro. If you are going to be an _ss, try to avoid being a dumb _ss.

And if you "have it confirmed from several people at sprint", it must be true. Release dates never get pushed back without prior notice to the general public. Do you have your Touch Diamond yet? Oh, wait... From whom do you think EVP gets their info? I will give you a hint: It starts with "S" and ends in "PRINT". Not only does EVP not know a hell of alot more than we do, but they are most certainly required to "follow Sprint's lead", and not expose any delays in release even if they DO know about it.

All, I am doing is relaying the information from the corporate sales side of Sprint. It is different than the info. that has been released publicly. That, in and of itself, lends it SOME credibility.

Nonethelss, I am perfectly content with letting you roll around in your 10/19 release date. Let me know as soon as you pick up your Touch Pro, and we will both celebrate. But, God forbid, if the Pro is not release until 12/2, I hope you cannot get your hands on one until March '09. I will be sure not to share any further info. in this forum... You _ _ _ _ . (Pick your own expletive)

Last edited by BigBlondeAndBlueMale; 10-03-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

BigBlondeAndBlueMale is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Being one of the first people to pre-order my Pro, I can say that he could be absolutely correct on the push-back. At no point in time has anyone been able to concretely-say that the phone will be released on the 19th.

People may as well just stop talking about the release dates, because we know they are almost never accurate. Just enjoy the phone when it comes to the market.

Thank you,

Common Sense
Thank you!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlondeAndBlueMale View Post
And if you "have it confirmed from several people at sprint", it must be true. Release dates never get pushed back without prior notice to the general public. Do you have your Touch Diamond yet? Oh, wait...
Not to enter into the mud slinging, but plenty of people have their Sprint Touch Diamonds right now.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro