View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 AM
lipidfats
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

i don't see why they'd delay it for two weeks... it's not like they can make any changes to it now... everything is probably finalized and going back now would just cost money. any possible reasons they might delay (examples from past products)?
i wouldn't be surprised if telesales was still 10/19 with a street date of 11/2. if there was a delay, i'd think it would be made public before the launch date gets too close. the closer the launch date, the more customers will be angry with a delay.
in any case, thanks for the heads up... at least if it is delayed, we won't be in shock like others who have not come across this post.

edit: i found this on another thread (look at the red text):

"Just returned my Diamond to a Sprint store in Tempe, AZ. The sales rep was pretty mellow when doing the return, he didn't seemed shocked at anything I told him about the phone.
Reasons for my return were: Heat issue when doing anything on the phone for longer than 10 minutes/ the problem with the phone saving the correct AZ time/ problems with low storage memory/ and the simple fact that I don't think the phone is that much of an upgrade over a HTC Touch that has the ROM tweaks.
I told him I might take a look at the Pro, due to the storage slot, keyboard, and faster processor. Out of curiousity, I asked him when this corporate store would have the Pro, his response was that it had just been pushed back (due to what he thought was the removal of a video conferencing feature) into November. Not worth a lot, but he did know about the Phone."
so, that's two now that say there will be a delay! damn sprint, if this is true.

Last edited by lipidfats; 10-03-2008 at 11:39 AM.