PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd View Post
A lot of people would get hosed over if this were true since they are planning on returning their diamond for the touch pro.
as an in store technician I HATE when people do that...just wait...be patient and get the phone they REALLY want...because with the shipping issues sprints been having lately(and its worse for affiliate stores like mines) you are rolling the dice thinking that ur phone will be avaliable within 30 days
Old 10-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
So I finally learned how to use my EVP discount but it the same price as upgrading regularly with my discounts....So I called sprint and they told me that it was due out this month and tho you can't pre-order it, they will call me the exactly but told me to "Check around the 15th and you should be fine".....I'm so freakin happy!!!!!!!!!! all for 249.00 and sellin my mogul for 150 means only 100!!!!!
I don't know what you're talking about, but after all rebates, the cheapest this phone is going to be is $300, how did you get to $249?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I just got off the phone after confirming my evp order and giving my credit card info, The rep said it will release the 19th still for telesales. Also confirmed that evp sales will be slightly cheaper or at worst same price.
also as a side note, all evp orders, its only $2 more for next day shipping, so don't forget to tell them that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastpoet View Post
as an in store technician I HATE when people do that...just wait...be patient and get the phone they REALLY want...because with the shipping issues sprints been having lately(and its worse for affiliate stores like mines) you are rolling the dice thinking that ur phone will be avaliable within 30 days
THAT'S a good point... much as i hate it, i will wait for the touch pro when ever it drops rather than getting a diamond to hold me over in the mean time.... it's painful knowing there are new toys out there and that you cant play with them because of sprints fumbles in getting them out to stores!!!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
No fighting here on my end.. Personally I have delt with the same thing when posting release dates for the mogul and touch so I have learned to bluntly say dont be disappointed when its not released or think what you want to think.. I am just passing the information along.

James
Quote:
Sorry guys... I found out this morning that the Touch Pro has a tentitive launch date of 11-2 with a best buy date of 10-28??? I think that was supposed to be 11-28...

If you guys with Moguls know my posts I dont post false info. Check my Post history.

Sorry I too am waiting for this device and kinda bummed about the news.

James
Quote:
Exact email copy from my contact..

"
James,

Current timing for Touch Pro launch is 11/2 with targeted availability in Best Buy 10/26. Wanted you to be aware in case it impacts your plans. Thanks for the feedback on stability. Yes, the european version had FM radio, we weren't able to get it in ours."
Quote:
Doesnt matter what you were told.. but dont be upset when its not available on the 19th. I was told the 19th as well yesterday hence the email to my contact right afterwards late last night. You have to remember its the lab and the Developers that make the final decision on the launch date. If they feel its not ready it doesnt matter what date telesales or the Reps give.

There must be a reason for the hold up at which I am glad about the hold-up but unhappy as well. Just makes for a more stable phone. My contact would not state the 11/2 date unless it was a for sure thing that it wasnt coming out on the 19th as we are all being told.

James

James

I definitely see why you're so positive you're right, but alot of people, including myself, have already given are payment info to evp reps for this phone, we're able to order it, and when I placed my order just a minute ago, the rep said our phones will ship out on the 20th, and that stores won't have the phone till about nov 2nd. So whoever has purchased theirs thru evp already, more then likely you will have it this month, and for us its only $2 next day shipping when ordering thru evp, so make sure you ask for it.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
also as a side note, all evp orders, its only $2 more for next day shipping, so don't forget to tell them that.
Thanks for that info regarding next day shipping.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mrbonner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Exact email copy from my contact..

"
James,

Current timing for Touch Pro launch is 11/2 with targeted availability in Best Buy 10/26. Wanted you to be aware in case it impacts your plans. Thanks for the feedback on stability. Yes, the european version had FM radio, we weren't able to get it in ours."
I know everyone else is mad over the release date...but why no fm radio? Please tell me it wasnt sprint's doing. It was one of the features I was really looking forward to.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

folks still listen to FM? j/k

Honestly tho, the phone can do so much and you're going to miss FM radio?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I don't know what you're talking about, but after all rebates, the cheapest this phone is going to be is $300, how did you get to $249?
they offered me an extra 50 for renewing my contract because it wasn't replied in July
Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

sling is a n00b

Well this sucs...I wont be able to get my 30 day swap from Diamond to pro so back to BlackBerry i must go
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro