PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
I don't see how best buy would get them in stores before sprint does seeing sprint had some type of deal with htc to be the 1st cell carrier in the US to have the touch diamond and pro and had some 30day thing where no one will have the phone til after them but I guess the sprint section part of best buy huh? Who knows. I'm really hoping its oct 19th unless its a serious problem with the phone than I wouldn't mind waiting
Yeah, Best Buy Mobile (they have Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T, I think).
Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwuero View Post
I guess since I dont have an older Sprint phone to transfer number to I am stuck. Oh well.
Grab one on ebay or craigslist for $25. Won't be a PPC, but it'll take calls until the Pro is released.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
Sorry guys... I found out this morning that the Touch Pro has a tentitive launch date of 11-2 with a best buy date of 10-28??? I think that was supposed to be 11-28...

If you guys with Moguls know my posts I dont post false info. Check my Post history.

Sorry I too am waiting for this device and kinda bummed about the news.

James

WOW we are going to have a See who is right thing going as after i Read this i called up sprint and asked for a retentions rep who i won't name that i have talked to for a very long time.

After a 10 Minute wait he came back and told me he got off the phone with telesales heads who he knows and today the OCT 2ND Report is in and Pro will be out the 19th On the site and threw Telesales as well.

In FACT!! Telesales Heads said they were already making more reps avil to be at work so they can handle the orders.Wow would they play im sorry on the phone all day or what and GET PAID?

Sprint is NOT going to have extra people in for work that day and not have a new phone to sell.

Thank you.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sprintmogulfan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to sprintmogulfan

Best Buy.....sheeeeesh! I went to my local Best Buy store yesterday and asked about the Diamond which they didn't have. I was told sometime in November for the Diamond! Who knows about the Pro.

I will be going through telesales anyway.....just thought it was funny!

By the way....the Sprint Store across the street didn't have the Diamond yet either!
Old 10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Cool Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
WOW we are going to have a See who is right thing going as after i Read this i called up sprint and asked for a retentions rep who i won't name that i have talked to for a very long time.

After a 10 Minute wait he came back and told me he got off the phone with telesales heads who he knows and today the OCT 2ND Report is in and Pro will be out the 19th On the site and threw Telesales as well.

In FACT!! Telesales Heads said they were already making more reps avil to be at work so they can handle the orders.Wow would they play im sorry on the phone all day or what and GET PAID?

Sprint is NOT going to have extra people in for work that day and not have a new phone to sell.

Thank you.
You make a great point. Guess we will see which release date it is in a couple of weeks...hmmmm. As the touch pro release date thicken

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

This is for Best Buy!!!! Not telesales. It's been discussed before that even the diamond is not in Sprint Stores yet, so I'm guessing it's not at Best Buy's yet either. But we'll still be able to get one through telesales or eCare.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

BigBlondeAndBlueMale is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlondeAndBlueMale View Post
I just heard Nov. 2 again from our Corporate Sprint Rep. I did not even prompt him with the Nov. 2nd rumor. He said. "The last I heard, the date is Nov. 2nd." And, that was after a bunch of CYA "don't quote me on this", kind of disclaimers.
I realize being the only voice of constant gloom and doom is probably going to lead to you all ignoring me, but I got another update on the Touch Pro's release date from Sprint. Our corporate Sprint rep. said that the new release date that is being circulated inside Sprint is Dec. 2nd. He refused to comment on why, but mentioned that there have been alot of pre-sales. What I do not understand is, why push it in to December? The big Christmas shopping starts in Nov. Regardless, it seems as though Oct. 19 is truly, "out the window". Aaaaarrghhhhh!
Old 10-02-2008, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

I was gonna pre-order through EVP, but then some people were reporting that the phone wouldn't be shipped until the 20th, so I'm probably going to wait and try to order through my 3rd party rep or telesales (whoever gives me the better deal). If worse comes to worse and everybody gives me the same deal, I'll pay the full price.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Yeah, too much is pointing towards a 19th release. I'm not doubting the original poster..but one person saying it's been pushed back is not offsetting everyone else hearing the phone will be available via telesales.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

I have no problem with that. If I don't pre-order through EVP, then I'll call Telesales or my 3rd party rep on the 15th. If I can't order then and it's been delayed until 11/2, so be it. That's only another 2 weeks (not that long).

BigBlondeAndBlueMale in another thread was saying 12/2? WTH? Now that would be irritating.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=541
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro