PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

they probably had the same overheating problem on the touch pro and are trying to solve it so they can avoid costly returns. everyone has the option to return and still get their upgrade so it wouldn't make sense to do it to force people to keep the diamond. probably to either hype up the phone or hopefully to fix all the bugs if there are any.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 10-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwuero View Post
I called to do the same thing but they said I would have to cancel my account and then sign up as a new customer when the Pro comes out. What are you doing - using another phone you already had in the meantime? I told them I was willing to be without a phone and continue paying my bill until the Pro comes out and they said I cant do that and if the Pro comes out over 30 days from the date I got Diamond I will have to pay full price (which I guess I will do anyways.)

Also - I am simply asking a question - why would they start pre sales for corporate customers if the devices were not going to be released for a full month? Is the pre sale for corporate any indication that the devices are on a ship on their way from wherever they make them?
Well I had a Touch and have been with Sprint for over 14 months. They told me when i got the diamond that I can return it within 30 days if I dont like it. ANd my touch would get activated again. I didn't really do anything special.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

elwuero is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Well I had a Touch and have been with Sprint for over 14 months. They told me when i got the diamond that I can return it within 30 days if I dont like it. ANd my touch would get activated again. I didn't really do anything special.
I guess since I dont have an older Sprint phone to transfer number to I am stuck. Oh well.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwuero View Post
I guess since I dont have an older Sprint phone to transfer number to I am stuck. Oh well.

I have an Old LG Fusic that I would let go for like 10$ plus shipping. Its an Idea... Its not in the mest of shape but it works perfect. I had another in perfect shape but It seems to have been misplaced LOL..

James
Old 10-02-2008, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

What a bummer. Thanks for the heads up, cj. Looks like I'll be spending a few more hours on the phone before I can get my Pro. I need a keyboard!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

11/2 is the store date, and the diamonds will be in stores later this month. I have had my diamond a week now, and I went to my local sprint store today and talked to one of my friends, who happens to run the store. I mean hey, if it doesn't come out till then thru telesales so be it, but as of right now, it's the 19th. I will be getting mine shipped out on or around the day of launch.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

holy crap! they just told me I can get the phone when it coms out on the 19th since I'm within my 30 days. Hope this doesn't screw anything up.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmv7777 View Post
they probably had the same overheating problem on the touch pro and are trying to solve it so they can avoid costly returns. everyone has the option to return and still get their upgrade so it wouldn't make sense to do it to force people to keep the diamond. probably to either hype up the phone or hopefully to fix all the bugs if there are any.
The GSM version is LOADED with bugs. I'd rather wait
Old 10-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I have been told by multiple people at sprint the 19th. I would have to guess the 11/2 date is store date.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I don't see how best buy would get them in stores before sprint does seeing sprint had some type of deal with htc to be the 1st cell carrier in the US to have the touch diamond and pro and had some 30day thing where no one will have the phone til after them but I guess the sprint section part of best buy huh? Who knows. I'm really hoping its oct 19th unless its a serious problem with the phone than I wouldn't mind waiting

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro