PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Bottemline is evpdiscount ppl who pre-ordered got an email saying its delayed until nov 2nd. Some ppl saying its not. Some ppl saying oct 26 for best buy. When oct 19th gets here we will find out simple and plain. If it comes out oct 19th great if not than gotta wait til nov 2nd. That's all we can do is wait.

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
First of all EVP might not get it as fast as telesales will and second of all i called up Retentions and asked what am i going to do as i have been told by ecare that i can exchange my diamond for a pro when it comes out since i told them i want to return this phone as its buggy and i dont like it and they said keep it till the pro comes out and i can still swap it so who cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
You say that as if it's fact? Do you know that for sure or just your opinion?

So Sprint would actually cater to the general public prior to customers that are connected through businesses? That's interesting. I think that'd be good information to share with my corporation, as I'm sure they wouldn't find that amusing at all.

I have to agree with drexappeal, direct sales won't get it before evp, that just woulnd't make sense, because if we wanted it and regular sales got it first, why would they call it a pre order, if the release date to the general public is earlier. I think our best bet is with oct 26 at best buy, I think they might have an exclusive with sprint for a week it seems like. I think we're all counting on best buy to make it happen.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I have to agree with drexappeal, direct sales won't get it before evp, that just woulnd't make sense, because if we wanted it and regular sales got it first, why would they call it a pre order, if the release date to the general public is earlier. I think our best bet is with oct 26 at best buy, I think they might have an exclusive with sprint for a week it seems like. I think we're all counting on best buy to make it happen.
You know what...I kinda hope that Sprint does that. It's just gonna end up hurting "big" advertising for them because that will definitely NOT go unnoticed. Business people that help Sprint generate revenue will not be happy, guaranteed.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

scarface7174 is just getting started
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

I agree that info from eCare is not the most reliable source of information. I was having problems with my mogul...hell with sprint in general so after shooting a few emails to eCare, I finally got them to give me a touch pro for $199 (not bad considering i've only been back with sprint for 4 months). Anyway, I've been quoted botht he 11/2 and the 10/19 release dates, and the retail prices i've been quoted were all different. Different reps, different info...all conflicting, so I wouldn't take the word of an eCare rep as the gospel.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: cricket

ct2355 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to ct2355

Hi, im currently working at the sprint store in eugene oregon. This happens to be the main hub for shipping and reciving most orders. I want to put all this to rest so here it goes, the htc diamond touch will be in store in most places by the end of the week and has been available online for a couple of weeks the touch pro will be released on oct 19. the reason sprint is so hush hush about them both is the current network is having major issues for some reason and lots of people that have ordered the touch from the net are having problem with the internet, dropped calls, and the phone freezing while trying to connect to the net. its not an problem with the phone itself as much as it is with the sprint network. The touch and the pro were never meant to be run on cdma network hench the problem, so in conclusion the release dates are true just dont expect it work very well for a few days......
Old 10-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

still best buy stores before telesales??? I mean I'm glad I work there but it still makes no sense to me...
Old 10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Angry Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
You know what...I kinda hope that Sprint does that. It's just gonna end up hurting "big" advertising for them because that will definitely NOT go unnoticed. Business people that help Sprint generate revenue will not be happy, guaranteed.
That is sooo true bro. I'm really trying to figure out or understand the reason behind the delay if its not for fixing bugs. If best buy brings out the touch pro what in the hell was the pre order was for? I'm still trying to figure that out my self
Old 10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct2355 View Post
Hi, im currently working at the sprint store in eugene oregon. This happens to be the main hub for shipping and reciving most orders. I want to put all this to rest so here it goes, the htc diamond touch will be in store in most places by the end of the week and has been available online for a couple of weeks the touch pro will be released on oct 19. the reason sprint is so hush hush about them both is the current network is having major issues for some reason and lots of people that have ordered the touch from the net are having problem with the internet, dropped calls, and the phone freezing while trying to connect to the net. its not an problem with the phone itself as much as it is with the sprint network. The touch and the pro were never meant to be run on cdma network hench the problem, so in conclusion the release dates are true just dont expect it work very well for a few days......
Can you explain why Sprint would cater to the everyday consumer over EVP (business clients), who have been told 11/2? If they do that, I know I won't be happy...and there are several corporations that won't be happy. In essence, bye, bye advertising revenue stream.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct2355 View Post
Not that I doubt it, but do you have any inside proof for this? A memo, email, etc??? This does seem like a good explaination. Like I stated above, the push back of release should be to fix the problems the DIamonds are having, so the Pro won't have them.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface7174 View Post
I agree that info from eCare is not the most reliable source of information. I was having problems with my mogul...hell with sprint in general so after shooting a few emails to eCare, I finally got them to give me a touch pro for $199 (not bad considering i've only been back with sprint for 4 months). Anyway, I've been quoted botht he 11/2 and the 10/19 release dates, and the retail prices i've been quoted were all different. Different reps, different info...all conflicting, so I wouldn't take the word of an eCare rep as the gospel.
Most emails to "higher ups" and EVP (which I would assume would have the latest info since the had pre-ordering first) point to November 2.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro