PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

I know evertone i saying this date and that date. So here is my input. I called and pre ordered mine through evp yesturday and was told it would ship on Nov 3rd due to being delayed(she got the memo in the morning) then called and spoke with tele sales, and was told it will release the 19th of this month. And that I would get a call on the 19th to confirm. So maybe Sprint is locking it down with telesales for a few weeks.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
I know evertone i saying this date and that date. So here is my input. I called and pre ordered mine through evp yesturday and was told it would ship on Nov 3rd due to being delayed(she got the memo in the morning) then called and spoke with tele sales, and was told it will release the 19th of this month. And that I would get a call on the 19th to confirm. So maybe Sprint is locking it down with telesales for a few weeks.
My question is what would be the good in launching with telesales before EVP?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct2355 View Post
Hi, im currently working at the sprint store in eugene oregon. This happens to be the main hub for shipping and reciving most orders. I want to put all this to rest so here it goes, the htc diamond touch will be in store in most places by the end of the week and has been available online for a couple of weeks the touch pro will be released on oct 19. the reason sprint is so hush hush about them both is the current network is having major issues for some reason and lots of people that have ordered the touch from the net are having problem with the internet, dropped calls, and the phone freezing while trying to connect to the net. its not an problem with the phone itself as much as it is with the sprint network. The touch and the pro were never meant to be run on cdma network hench the problem, so in conclusion the release dates are true just dont expect it work very well for a few days......
First of all I don't doubt one bit that you work the the Sprint store in Eugene Oregon. BUT point out a couple of things that you said that does nto fully jive with me.

1) Current network having issues. This my be, but I don't see it being fully a netwrok issue just for one phone.
2) "The touch and the pro were never meant to be run on cdma network hench the problem" Um...Hello McFly!!!.... There are two different configurations of the Touch phones. GSM and CDMA. Many phone companies manufacture the same phone for different netowrk configurations as well as configurations to meet the carrier needs. The only difference is the chipset AND in a lot of cases. those chipset are pretty standard.

Now, as for all the " up-rising of the consumer voice" on the actual release date. Sprint may be hush hush about it all and there very well may be a delay, but everything about the EVP Novemeber 2nd release date very well may only be that the phones may not be in thier sales channels by the Oct 19th release. Not the first time I have seen this with other phones. Telesales may or may not have them on Oct 19th, that is all to be determined. And finally, I don;t expect the phone in the stores for at least 1 month after the release date. At this point, all EVP sales have been noted as Nov 2nd no reasoning behind it.

Bottom line, there are differnt sales channels when it comes to phone sales. Business, Consumer, Direct, Indirect, perferred sales channels. And at times, not always these channels will have a delay for different reasons. Just be happy that Sprint will get this phone and that you will be able buy such a great phone. So what if you don't get to order it or get it exactly when YOU want. The situations my not be optimal, but it will be released.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

Prior to me getting into Smart Phones and PDA Phones going back to the Treo's, I always went through several phones a year, cause I would get bored with them. I know back then Best Buy would get phones before my local Sprint Hub Store would. And it was about 2 weeks prior. So who knows
Old 10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

I've got all the confirmation I need. Everyone else can hope for 10/19 or 10/26.

I'm expecting 11/2.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
My question is what would be the good in launching with telesales before EVP?
I can't think of a single reason. If Sprint is willing to upset business customers and make them wait prior to the general public, then they need to rethink their marketing strategy because they will lose a TON of advertising if they start making that a habit.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

okay so I asked my Best Buy store, um they have nothing on an 26th release, I will just assume nov. now, everything is pointing to it!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

The only thing good coming out of this thread is its keeping us all entertained while we really all just sit back and wait
Old 10-07-2008, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

maybe way too many people have preordered there phone so they are giving out the date of nov 2nd .. just to save there a$$ ... that way they have more of a cushion to get all the phones mailed out...

in any case .. i came across this great review of the pro to hold u over .. not the sprint version though

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...eviews&id=1094
Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

RCHandy44 is a n00b
Talking Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

I just got off the phone with a sprint sales rep. She said the touch pro would come out October 19th and that she would give me a call so that I could order it. =D>
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro