PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon
Carrier: Sprint

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Leaked Sprint roadmap reveals Touch Pro, Touch Diamond dates and pricing

this is awesome now i have more time to save up lol
Old 08-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Really do hope that that's the price and date of release. Oct 19th is right on time!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I hope the price goes down
Old 08-31-2008, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

lowpro3210 is becoming a great contributor

I am DEFINITELY ready for the Touch Pro. I have currently been with Sprint for about 2 years or so, JUST got the Airave added for free (the lady said this WILL renew your 2 year contract)...I guess my question is, is there ANYWAY how to get the $320 pricing (if I were to renew my contract again) or do I have to pay the full $579.99?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: Leaked Sprint roadmap reveals Touch Pro, Touch Diamond dates and pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I hope the price goes down
Haha tell me about it me too!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek2tirado View Post

From the looks of it, Sprint has gone and gotten a decent chunk of its playbook leaked all over the interblogs, and it's chock-full of titillating information. Thanks to slippery fingers and loose lips, we already knew that the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro were headed to the carrier, but now we have some solid dates (mid-September for the Diamond, October 19th for the Pro), and pricing ($549.99 and $579.99 unsubsidized, $249.99 and $320 with contract). Of course, this is all according to the above document, which admittedly could be the work of an extremely bored Photoshopper -- but this jibes pretty tightly with a lot of other chatter we've been hearing.

didnt find a thread with an offical relase date
i saw ol dude post the price up bout not the release date
looks like 10/19 is wat we are lookin at now
got this off engadget.com

Thanks a lot for this. I was beginning to be concerned about the fact that not even telesales knew anything about the Touch Pro.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

SouthStar019 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpro3210 View Post
I am DEFINITELY ready for the Touch Pro. I have currently been with Sprint for about 2 years or so, JUST got the Airave added for free (the lady said this WILL renew your 2 year contract)...I guess my question is, is there ANYWAY how to get the $320 pricing (if I were to renew my contract again) or do I have to pay the full $579.99?
if your line has not had a discount and has had the same phone. you are still still able to get the phone at new customer pricing. btw hows that air wave?
Old 09-01-2008, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

lowpro3210 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStar019 View Post
if your line has not had a discount and has had the same phone. you are still still able to get the phone at new customer pricing. btw hows that air wave?
Well, unfortunately I currently have SERO (and highly doubt I am EVER getting rid of it due to the fact of the perks I have); but I will pay retail price for the Touch Pro no matter what. The Airave is AMAZING. My room is in the basement and before the Airave, I had to put my phone in the window to get 1 bar and now with Airave, I get FULL EVDO with the phone on the floor. Airave=Simply amazing!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

APOLAUF is just getting started

Quote:
The Airave is AMAZING. My room is in the basement and before the Airave, I had to put my phone in the window to get 1 bar and now with Airave, I get FULL EVDO with the phone on the floor. Airave=Simply amazing!

lowpro3210, how are you getting EV-DO coverage from your Airave? The current generation devices only support 1xRTT - Ev-DO is still sourced from nearby towers, at least that's how the unit I have works. Since Ev typically gets better reception, I can often open an Ev session even when 1xRTT can barely pick up a call. Do you have a different model than the ones either available through the store or retentions?

I will however second the amazing performance. As long as your internet connection doesn't bog down, or you have a router with QoS, it's essentially bullet-proof.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Well, unfortunately I currently have SERO (and highly doubt I am EVER getting rid of it due to the fact of the perks I have); but I will pay retail price for the Touch Pro no matter what. The Airave is AMAZING. My room is in the basement and before the Airave, I had to put my phone in the window to get 1 bar and now with Airave, I get FULL EVDO with the phone on the floor. Airave=Simply amazing!
I've been debating on getting it. I think I'm gonna go pick one up today.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro