PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint OFFICIAL PRICES!

The playbook information is correct, however, that just means it will be released between September 2nd and the end of November.

I spoke to dealer support yesterday, and the rep i spoke to said that they were working out the kinks in it so it wouldn't have as many bugs as the mogul did when it first came out, but they were planning to release it around Thanksgiving...

I'm thinking perhaps a Black Friday release?

At least, that makes sense to me. Just throwin my 2 cents in.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach30SiR View Post
What are the chances or taking a broke Mogul (with insurance) to the sprint store and having it replace with one of these? I thought I remember hearing people taking 6700's back and walking out with 6800's. Ideas?
It is possible, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
very very small. There are PLENTY of moguls out there and refurbs. It depends also if the pro is a swappable phone with the mogul. sometimes their sheets say certain phones they can give as replacements. I woudlnt be surprised if the 800w was the phone on that sheet to swap a mogul for since they have identical feature sets.
The list that would say whether or not they can do that is called the WEL List. When the phone technician takes the phone in at a service center, he/she can click on "exchange list" and view what models are possible to swap. This does not mean they will be able to do it. The Service & Repair Depot is not swapping out for different models right now just by request anymore. They used to be able to do it more often, but they installed a new system, and they do not have access to the part of it where they can change the model that is sent out. The only exception for this is if the model is, for example, an Audiovoxx 8920. They will most likely send out an M300. I have had a lot of LG PM-325's come in, and all we could order were the LG Rumors.

Just throwin that out there.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks for that link, Querky!

Well, I don't know how long it will take for me to get one of these...

You see, I have a Mogul. I got it because I took my 6700 in for a problem and they were out of stock. My contract began 3/7/07.

Now, I have a lot of legitimate problems with my Mogul right now. Do you think they would even consider giving me a Touch Pro if they have no Moguls in stock? What if they have neither in stock and they have a 6700? Would I have to trade down, then?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Thanks for that link, Querky!

Well, I don't know how long it will take for me to get one of these...

You see, I have a Mogul. I got it because I took my 6700 in for a problem and they were out of stock. My contract began 3/7/07.

Now, I have a lot of legitimate problems with my Mogul right now. Do you think they would even consider giving me a Touch Pro if they have no Moguls in stock? What if they have neither in stock and they have a 6700? Would I have to trade down, then?
I am unsure about them giving you a Touch Pro.

If they have neither in stock, they will probably not send you a 6700. I have not seen the warehouse depot downgrade anyone unless it was specifically requested. The order would probably just be on backorder until they got some in, I guess...
Old 08-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
The playbook information is correct, however, that just means it will be released between September 2nd and the end of November.

I spoke to dealer support yesterday, and the rep i spoke to said that they were working out the kinks in it so it wouldn't have as many bugs as the mogul did when it first came out, but they were planning to release it around Thanksgiving...

I'm thinking perhaps a Black Friday release?

At least, that makes sense to me. Just throwin my 2 cents in.
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...ond-dates-and/
close, Oct 19th
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Leaked Sprint roadmap reveals Touch Pro, Touch Diamond dates and pricing

i like these facts the best, paper proof. thanx for the find.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cjbreisch is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_wrong_0 View Post
The sprint store is the most you'll ever pay for a phone. If you want to save do your homework and shop it around. I can't say for sure but who knows maybe Radioshack will stock it. Look at their price for the touch. Only $99 bucks.
The Touch is only $99 on the Sprint Website.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600->6800->6900->6950->6850->Hero->EVO 4G

5harkology is just getting started

Wow, it's amazing what they are able to still command for the Q9C.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

looks nice hope it is true

Old 08-31-2008, 09:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

stanmarsh01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i like these facts the best, paper proof. thanx for the find.
Paper Proof? Look closelyer. It's a camera shot of a computer screen displaying an excel spreadsheet... you can even see the spreadsheet tabs at the bottom.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro