PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

hmm, thats a tough one then.

as for the format, if it boots then your format is good. the ext2 is the filesystem. it's just a different filesystem other than squash. basically the same thing though.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88fingerslukee View Post
I'll try blowing away data.img again.

I'll also try another user and get back to you.
Blowing away the data did nothing.

Using another user worked!! Now, she only has 35 contacts but they all appeared and the last names are not all A B or C so there is something with my contacts that is breaking the sync. If only I could tell what.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Blowing away the data did nothing.

Using another user worked!! Now, she only has 35 contacts but they all appeared and the last names are not all A B or C so there is something with my contacts that is breaking the sync. If only I could tell what.
Ah ha! I knew it had to be something there then... I'd say that it's a setting on your account in exchange, or most likely a rogue contact with a special character or something... Not really sure what, I'll let you determine that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88fingerlukee
Is there a preferred way to format my SD card? Right now I'm doing FAT32 with 32KB blocks but I'm happy to do ext2 or whatever.
Well EXT2 is what file system Linux uses within the card, but I always format my cards to FAT32 so my windoze installs can still read what's going on within the card...
Old 04-14-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Okay, well that was gloriously annoying, but I've done it.

I copied out ALL my contacts to a new contact folder within my Outlook/Exchange profile. Then I copied BACK the contacts 4 at a time (at 330 contacts this took a little bit) starting from Z and made sure they synced to the phone after each 4-contact block. Everything went just fine so all of them are now synced.

I just have no idea why it didn't work automatically.

Regardless, you better believe I'm backing up the damn data.img file now.

Is there any way to access the SD card while Android is running? Can you plug Android into your PC via USB? When I do that nothing happens (except charging).
Old 04-14-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Oh my god I love this OS.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Oh my god I love this OS.
LOL agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88fingerslukee
Is there any way to access the SD card while Android is running? Can you plug Android into your PC via USB? When I do that nothing happens (except charging).
Well, ADB works to access the device, but I think accessing the actual SD card while Android is running is uhm... Tricky at best. I think Makk said where it lied within the Linux system at one point... I'll see if I can find it.

Hrm, looks like it's just mounted to /sdcard... someone chime in if I'm wrong here, maybe that's the place it's located read only? I'm not sure.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 04-14-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:12 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can get some pseudo-filesystem access to Android by using Droid Explorer or another such application. It's flaky, but will let you go into the /sdcard and copy files in and out. Before that'll work, you'll need to add
Code:
echo 2 > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/usb_function_switch
to the custom_shells section at the end of andboot/conf/eclair.user.conf. (I forgot to put that line in the latest AIO.)

Real USB Mass Storage type filesystem access is a no-go at this point. There may or may not be technical issues stopping it. There are definitely logistical issues stopping it.

Can someone try the newest autobuild kernel? (This one.) Some changes were put in to the battery status code, and I can't tell if they'll make things better or worse on Raphael. (On Rhodium, they are just as bad as they were.)
Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Can someone try the newest autobuild kernel? (This one.) Some changes were put in to the battery status code, and I can't tell if they'll make things better or worse on Raphael. (On Rhodium, they are just as bad as they were.)
Testing now. Initially I tried just dropping the new zImage and modules onto my SD card, removing the old ones (Backed up first of course!) and booting but I got a kernel panic. I assume you can't run it on an old data.img?

UPDATE: got my first reboot, this seems to happen if I try to access data too quickly after a fresh installation. It's like I have to let it first setup a data connection before doing anything. Weird.

UPDATE2: Second reboot. 3G icon had just popped up. Battery read 15% (got the warning), WM reads 37%. I wonder the reason for the discrepancy?

UPDATE3: Third time's a charm. Battery indicator does not, at first glance, look any better. After charging for ~10 minutes I'm already up to 57% after reading 15%. Since WM said 37% I'm thinking something is still wrong here.

Last edited by 88fingerslukee; 04-14-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

Often when the phone goes to sleep, the screen will not come back on but you can see the screen light up

So I have to hard reset the phone

Fix ?

Old 04-14-2010, 11:47 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Testing now. Initially I tried just dropping the new zImage and modules onto my SD card, removing the old ones (Backed up first of course!) and booting but I got a kernel panic. I assume you can't run it on an old data.img?

UPDATE: got my first reboot, this seems to happen if I try to access data too quickly after a fresh installation. It's like I have to let it first setup a data connection before doing anything. Weird.

UPDATE2: Second reboot. 3G icon had just popped up. Battery read 15% (got the warning), WM reads 37%. I wonder the reason for the discrepancy?

UPDATE3: Third time's a charm. Battery indicator does not, at first glance, look any better. After charging for ~10 minutes I'm already up to 57% after reading 15%. Since WM said 37% I'm thinking something is still wrong here.
Generally i would just drop in the new zimage and modules. Only if it doesn't work would I trash the data.img. It's pretty rare that it would be necessary.

There is something with the initial data setup that seems to be causing reboots. It's been that way for a while. Does the system seem stable since you've gotten past that point?

As for the battery, I expected it still to be wrong, I was just curious how wrong. That seems to be within the margin of error we had before -- at least it's not going back to reading 5% or 100% all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
Often when the phone goes to sleep, the screen will not come back on but you can see the screen light up

So I have to hard reset the phone

Fix ?
Tried putting it back into sleep (End key) again and then waking it up again (Power key)?

Sometimes I've noticed the screen stays black, but if you unlock the phone (Home key) it'll come back. Usually when it locks up, for me, the lights on the keys will light up, but the screen will not. That's when I have to hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux