PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

lol you guys crack me up. it may be under powered compared to the new phones coming out but its still faster then my first 10 computers and first 4 or 5 laptops lol.this thing has a 528mhz processor. my first computer (post commador) ran great with a 33mhz processor and 8 meg of ram lol. i think we paid close to 2 grand for that one. i suddenly feel old.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Funny, I was just saying the other day to a friend, "It's so weird... I loved this phone when I got it... now I sort of hate it... and nothing's changed. How does that happen?" [...] I'm kind of jealous of a friend with a TP2, and I'm kind of jealous of my other friend with a Vogue running Android.

...maybe this says more about me than about the phones themselves.
What do you mean jealous of the TP2? Your phone is basically the TP2, upgraded with a flash light and a D-Pad in a smaller form factor. Your friend probably wishes he/she had your phone... at least that's what I keep telling myself

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 02-18-2010, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

oppman is becoming a great contributor

i think the new build is def getting closer to making it workable.. on sprint.. i cant get the
MMS work.....is there a setting for SPRINT picture mail to work?
havent found an app that plays dvix, avi, mpg good like coreplayer.. found one thats descent but needs good.

the mp3 player doesnt read all my music. i have 16 gb card with a lot of mp3 but i only see a handful, is there a setting or should i download another app to see all mp3?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:41 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
lol you guys crack me up. it may be under powered compared to the new phones coming out but its still faster then my first 10 computers and first 4 or 5 laptops lol.this thing has a 528mhz processor. my first computer (post commador) ran great with a 33mhz processor and 8 meg of ram lol. i think we paid close to 2 grand for that one. i suddenly feel old.
True enough. 33mhz 68040 processor was my first. No FPU. What a dog.

But it's more about perception than reality. My Treo 600 felt faster than this thing. My Treo 650 played video better.

Then again, my Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz running Win7 feels slower than my dual-proc Celeron 433 (?) running Win2k. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
What do you mean jealous of the TP2? Your phone is basically the TP2, upgraded with a flash light and a D-Pad in a smaller form factor. Your friend probably wishes he/she had your phone... at least that's what I keep telling myself
That's the spirit. I just want the extra 75000 pixels and the big screen. Oh, and the 3.5mm headphone jack -- that's a big plus. Otherwise, it's the same phone, which is... pretty disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppman View Post
i think the new build is def getting closer to making it workable.. on sprint.. i cant get the
MMS work.....is there a setting for SPRINT picture mail to work?
havent found an app that plays dvix, avi, mpg good like coreplayer.. found one thats descent but needs good.

the mp3 player doesnt read all my music. i have 16 gb card with a lot of mp3 but i only see a handful, is there a setting or should i download another app to see all mp3?
Video playback is pretty terrible in general. I think it just comes down to the processor grinding all the time (which, in turn, comes down to reading everything off the SD and other inefficiencies.)

MMS does not work -- a few people are looking into it, but the problem is that even if you set it up with the correct server settings, the server drops them unless they look like they have come from the correct app. (I think someone needs to look at what settings are necessary for Arcsoft MMS and feed them into the Android MMS app.) Search for threads with 'android sprint mms' in the Touch CDMA forums at xda-developers if you want more info.

As for the media scanning -- it sometimes hangs up on weirdly named files, and then just dies and doesn't come back. Also, it runs quite slowly, and might just have not yet completed. It'll also crash for other reasons, I think -- it's just not that stable. I don't know a good way to debug that.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

hsingh00 is a n00b

Well after my fone died...it took 5 hrs to recharge!....I tried 3 chargers. Nebdy else see same thing?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:06 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yikes. I have never had that happen. I've had it lock up (from WinMo, before I started with Android) and then not do anything until I... pulled the battery and held the reset button, or the power button, or something.

In other news, I'm currently 4 hours 10 minutes off the charger, and my battery status is jumping between 18 and 41%. Data sync enabled, normal (intermittent) usage. Looks like I'll probably get close to 6 hours... not good, but a distinct improvement. Even feels cool to the touch in my pocket.

Edit: Wow. Went 9.5 hours before I gave up on discharging and plugged it back in. Really minimal usage for most of the evening, no calls, a little data transfer, a lot of sleep time. But that's a damn impressive number, anyway.

Edit #2: And when I rebooted into Windows, it said 0% battery, so I'm going to say that was about all it could handle. Still... 9.5 hours. Wonder if we have to worry about Android over-discharging the battery.

Last edited by makkonen; 02-19-2010 at 05:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

9 hours is really good i started with maybe 80% and got 4.5-5 hours with me downloading stuff from market and texting.

I've been really wanting to contribute to this project but I don't know C++ or java so I can't code. The only thing I can bring is linux experiance lol. I've compiled my own base systems but I can't find the CDMA libarys (RIL) to make the radio work. If I borrow stuff from the XDA build I get the radio to work but then there is no real point I figure except its the most upto date 2.1 code. But anyway you guys are doing great work with this.

Last edited by peterm20; 02-19-2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Typo fix
Old 02-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hey peter mind request? If u r good with linux and can work with the radio and such can u please help out in the touch pro 2 android port? we are really defficient in people who can work on it. i myself unfortunatly dont know linux or coding so can only provide moral support ( and google wave invites if anyone needs them).
Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok so i am trying to play with the mms settings but i keep getting errors: "Un supported action", "that action is not currently supported"

i can play with settings all day but it doesn't seem like it's build in yet (mms). looks like the mms.apk needs to be edited.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ok i can send mms. not sure if it's sending media with it but i can def. send. i sent to gmail and yahoo and both came as mms. can't add pics or videos (my thinking is because the camera is not working, it doesn't think it has the capabilities). i was able to attach an audio file (ring tone) though.

but it shows that it's coming from pm.sprint.com.

settings: APN
Name: internet
APN: Android
Proxy:<Not set>
Port:<Not set>
Username:<Not set>
Password:<Not set>
Server:<Not set>
MMSC:http://63.215.195.152/servlets/mms?X-SPRINT-MDN=(10 didgit phone number)
MMS proxy:<Not set>
MMS Port: 80
MMC:310
MNC:995
Authentication Type:<Not set>
APN type:<Not set>
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux