View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 11:41 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
lol you guys crack me up. it may be under powered compared to the new phones coming out but its still faster then my first 10 computers and first 4 or 5 laptops lol.this thing has a 528mhz processor. my first computer (post commador) ran great with a 33mhz processor and 8 meg of ram lol. i think we paid close to 2 grand for that one. i suddenly feel old.
True enough. 33mhz 68040 processor was my first. No FPU. What a dog.

But it's more about perception than reality. My Treo 600 felt faster than this thing. My Treo 650 played video better.

Then again, my Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz running Win7 feels slower than my dual-proc Celeron 433 (?) running Win2k. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
What do you mean jealous of the TP2? Your phone is basically the TP2, upgraded with a flash light and a D-Pad in a smaller form factor. Your friend probably wishes he/she had your phone... at least that's what I keep telling myself
That's the spirit. I just want the extra 75000 pixels and the big screen. Oh, and the 3.5mm headphone jack -- that's a big plus. Otherwise, it's the same phone, which is... pretty disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppman View Post
i think the new build is def getting closer to making it workable.. on sprint.. i cant get the
MMS work.....is there a setting for SPRINT picture mail to work?
havent found an app that plays dvix, avi, mpg good like coreplayer.. found one thats descent but needs good.

the mp3 player doesnt read all my music. i have 16 gb card with a lot of mp3 but i only see a handful, is there a setting or should i download another app to see all mp3?
Video playback is pretty terrible in general. I think it just comes down to the processor grinding all the time (which, in turn, comes down to reading everything off the SD and other inefficiencies.)

MMS does not work -- a few people are looking into it, but the problem is that even if you set it up with the correct server settings, the server drops them unless they look like they have come from the correct app. (I think someone needs to look at what settings are necessary for Arcsoft MMS and feed them into the Android MMS app.) Search for threads with 'android sprint mms' in the Touch CDMA forums at xda-developers if you want more info.

As for the media scanning -- it sometimes hangs up on weirdly named files, and then just dies and doesn't come back. Also, it runs quite slowly, and might just have not yet completed. It'll also crash for other reasons, I think -- it's just not that stable. I don't know a good way to debug that.