PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1
Carrier: Sprint

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFettig View Post
I've tried a few different releases of Android 2.01 but I haven't had my microphone work in any of them, I have a raph800 on Alltel network.

Any idea why it wouldn't work? I've tried the latest one to date 2/18.

Thanks,
Jon

I dont know if this is what you are doing but you have to download not only the actual file system, you also have to download the attachment on the 1st post (at the bottom) and replace those files so that your MIC works, otherwise, you have to make a phone call from WinMo and then run haret.exe
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Alltel

JFettig is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
I dont know if this is what you are doing but you have to download not only the actual file system, you also have to download the attachment on the 1st post (at the bottom) and replace those files so that your MIC works, otherwise, you have to make a phone call from WinMo and then run haret.exe
Yes, I did put those on my card also. I did make a phone call previous to booting android I believe. I'd give it a shot again but it seems that every time I boot android I have to soft reset numerous times to get TF3D to load again...

Jon
Old 02-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

daprospecta is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
Being a jerk won't ever get you questions answered! sprint tv doesn't work! and there is no need to shout LOTS of stuff doesn't work.
First off I'm not yelling, I put the questions in Caps to separate the questions. Second off to the guy that said he answered my question. I reiterated that I tried to turn off the auto dim function(every kind) and still no go. I searched the thread for Sprint TV and couldn't find solutions. Not that I am a pro or anything but I think this topic should be broken down into sections instead of one large thread, just kind of makes it hard for people like myself who hasn't followed this development all the way through to find answers.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

you may want to try the attached cab also, this is a MortScript so you will have to have mortscript installed first but this allows you to simply click on it and it will make the call for you and boot into android.

This, however, should be already fixed with the new release, but if it is not working for you, try this and let us know if it works.

THIS IS NOT MY CAB!!! I BELIEVE I DOWNLOADED IT FROM WITHIN THIS SAME THREAD... NOT SURE, ALL CREDIT TO THE DEVELOPER!
Attached Files
File Type: cab call&roid.cab (4.1 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:28 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprospecta View Post
First off I'm not yelling, I put the questions in Caps to separate the questions. Second off to the guy that said he answered my question. I reiterated that I tried to turn off the auto dim function(every kind) and still no go. I searched the thread for Sprint TV and couldn't find solutions. Not that I am a pro or anything but I think this topic should be broken down into sections instead of one large thread, just kind of makes it hard for people like myself who hasn't followed this development all the way through to find answers.
I don't know if anyone else has asked about Sprint TV, but, given the state of Youtube and other video playing apps, I don't imagine it will be functional for a while.

I don't know what to tell you about the backlight dimming. Occam's razor says you somehow have the automatic backlight dimming still coming on in WinMo, because everyone else who has had that problem has been able to fix it by disabling backlight dimming. Do you have a non-stock ROM? Maybe its usage of the backlight dim function is different?

I'll grant that it's hard to find all the information about the subtle things in this thread, but I haven't found any better way to organize it. And neither has the community, based on the broadly dispersed set of wikis and forum posts.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

As far as organization goes, there are a bunch of forums, wikis, waves, and even an IRC channel or three devoted to this endeavor (trust me, I have tried to find something that is easier/better than a dozen other services, but most people will not stop using what they are already registered on and used to using, not to mention there are big problems with some of the possible all-in-one solutions out there). Follow the links in the More Info sections of the first post and you should be able to find answers to most questions.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

karafa is just getting started

For what it's worth, while it was nice having the wifi back and working, it seems that something else dealing with ipconfig prevents tethering from working. On the right track, though! Thanks for putting in the modules that you did, Makkonen.

And, for whatever reason, I'm getting serious performance drops when the phone boots with USB connected and while using ADB. It seems overall much better when I boot without USB. It also seems to charge much slower like that. I don't know if this is to be expected.. but it seems consistently slower, hotter, and less charged.

Also, I'm unable to assign contacts pictures, and the facebook sync app is supposed to sync pictures with contacts (I think), but doesn't. I get 'unsupported action' when i try to change the picture. I also can't install the gallery app.

I sound like a big complainer. Just want to help hammer out issues, I still can't thank everyone enough for making this work as well as it does.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chibiushi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprospecta View Post
SPRINT TV DOESN'T WORK, OH THE BACKLIGHT DIMS AFTER IT IS AWOKEN AFTER SLEEP AND I TURNED OFF AUTODIM AND STILL NO GO.
I swear I had Sprint TV working, It only plays sound until you pause and un-pause it. let me re-install it and check. I'LL POST MY FINDINGS

(get it... I was teasing about the caps thing)
Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

cjizzle711 is a n00b

trying to port the android on my sprint touch pro 2 but after the first intallation the android went blank and i reset the device then the mightyrom rom came on and now. when i try to RE install the haret exe again the screen goes blank oh when i first did it i used the rhodium startup now im trying the raph800 STARTUP BUT STILL ITS NOT WORKING AND AFTER THE FIRST INSTALL I JUST SEEN THE GOOGLE ANDROID ICON AND IT ASKED ME TO PUT IN MY GOOGLE ACCT BUT I CANT FIND IT I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE PLS HELP ME I WANT THE ANDROID WORKING ON MY TOUCH PRO I EVEN TRIED RE INSTALLING MY MIGHTYROM THEN TRIED IT AGAIN TO NO AVAIL
Old 02-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raphael 800)
Carrier: T-Mobile NL

Waus26 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waus26 View Post
It stops at different points. Nothing about hung_task_timeout? My SD-card is just one partition and there is no mmcblk0: p1 < p5 > listed.

Maybe I should format the SD card and try it again?
I've tried it on my other SD card, but an error keeps coming back:

3.473602 kernel BUG at kernel/workqueue.c:188!
3.479431 Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer derefere (out of screen from there on)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux