PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
Pretty cool task switching/closing app http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=620052
Here's an interesting one for WinMo as well. Supposedly integrates with the 6.5.x system much better.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:07 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Newest version is much more stable & usable - still chews through battery like candy (played with it for about 30 minutes, used 40% of my battery - android battery gauge was all over the map!) and it likes to reset the clock so when you go back to winmo you need to resync to the cell clock there too.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yeah I cant figure out where the time zone is set in android's core. it seems to be set to UTC because my clock is always 6 hours wrong lol.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:28 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Isn't that pretty standard linux behavior? I always have to do that 6 hour time shift when I boot up into an ubuntu livecd. Linux stores the clock on the mobo as UTC, and does the shift somewhere further down the line. Windows stores the clock on the mobo as local time.

I don't worry about it on the phone since I just set both OSes to update from the network. Not the most elegant solution, but it keeps me from having to think about it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
i made a sig for people who are fans of android on the tp...

Id be a fan too, if only I wernt with verizon lol Very nice Jake

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 02-27-2010, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Looks like there is a new XDA Builld 2/27/10 From the posts on it there seems to be a few issues with Market and google sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babijoee
  • Bluetooth via new rootfs
  • Use Home++ as base launcher
  • Battery Indicator to show 1% increments in notification panel ( Note to ignore it in advanced task killer to keep service alive )
  • Topaz sensors added ( Markinus )
  • Latest updated rootfs
  • Removed gtalk, googlevoice for a very special members request
  • Added Genie widgit ( thanks for wpbcubsfan for extracting from nexus one )
  • Changed default lcd.density to 240. Majority android devices are using it even my nexus one
Quote:
Originally Posted by babijoee

27.02: http://xdandroid.southcape.org/XDANDROID.27.2.10.7z
This build is completely stripped and only contains the crucial core files to run Android. All apps are within AndroidApps, so copy over the ones you need into the root of AndroidApps. Please read changelog for more details.
Note: Already bundled with latest zImage, rootfs and modules. Made it as easy as possible. enjoy

Last edited by peterm20; 02-27-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:11 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Seems pretty nice. Everything seems functional out of the box except for the market. And cdma data doesn't work until you reboot.

I'll wait for the market issues to get sorted out before updating the first post.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Seems pretty nice. Everything seems functional out of the box except for the market. And cdma data doesn't work until you reboot.

I'll wait for the market issues to get sorted out before updating the first post.
Yeah and Wifi does not want to start for me at all. I don't know if this build is a back track or not. On there it was said that he will do a new release tomorrow (most likely what 12 hours for us) that should fix market and the ANRs.

EDIT: Looks like the time zone setting is in the initrd because i've looked at the init scripts on the rootfs but if you read the scrolling text just before it hits init (i think its before it loads the data.img) it says that it is setting time the UTC. I have not tried to fool with the initrd yet.

Last edited by peterm20; 02-27-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-27-2010, 01:36 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Wifi started up without any complaint on a fresh data.img with the new xdandroid package.

I'm wrapping up a few things to send to babijoee (apns-conf.xml, updated startup.txt) so hopefully they'll make it in to the updated package.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Wifi started up without any complaint on a fresh data.img with the new xdandroid package.

I'm wrapping up a few things to send to babijoee (apns-conf.xml, updated startup.txt) so hopefully they'll make it in to the updated package.
yeah I started out fresh as well. deleted everything but the AndroidApps folder. I'll just add that to one of the unique things about my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux