PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vindication84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vindication84
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

ok, this is really pissing me off. I first tried eclair, and it said that it couldn't find system.img. then i tried donut and it loops a message, "waiting for sd card". WHAT IS GOING ON?
#1 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it wet, did Asurion replacement
#2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it NIB, but keyboard died after 2.5 months
#3 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, hardware problems. Yuck.
#4 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, slow keyboard decay, hoping for a Touch Pro2!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindication84 View Post
ok, this is really pissing me off. I first tried eclair, and it said that it couldn't find system.img. then i tried donut and it loops a message, "waiting for sd card". WHAT IS GOING ON?
Don't get pissed. I have micro sd cards that don't work and hang with that msg try a different card or try reformatting it using a 3rd party formatting tool. windows sometimes formats fat 32 in such a way that doesn't allow it to boot android. at least that's what i read somewhere and my 2 gig sd card that won't boot seems to bear that out.

Last edited by Yibrushn; 01-10-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

wehweh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhite456 View Post
Am I missing something? I have Sprint TP CDMA. I was reading the first post of this thread...
Eclair
Download babijoee's Eclair build (or check here for a newer one). --

I clicked on "check here for a newer one" and that thread at XDA says it is for GSM phones only?

I would like to try the latest Ecliar build. Any help.. what am I missing
Yes, it is GSM only. You have to download that package and replace the zImage and modules with the ones posted on this thread. Then it'll work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:15 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by computhug View Post
Was wondering about this as well, fschk is fixing something every time I boot Eclair. I've found that if I 'turn off phone' via the End key menu, after I hit OK I get a 'shutting down' message with a spinning wait cursor. This hangs after a minute or so, leaving the phone completely unresponsive and in need of a soft reset. (I've let it sit for several minutes in case the OS was still working on the shutdown behind the scenes, but I'm pretty sure it's just hung.)

Perhaps this is preventing the sd card from being properly unmounted?
Nope. Even when the shutdown worked and didn't cause the phone to hang (it used to), it'd still do the same thing. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that all those FSCK files that get dumped are not from the Android file system at all, but are from the DOSFSCK that runs before it loads the linux images. No way I know of to turn them off without getting down into the boot files -- and it just doesn't seem worth it to avoid having to delete a few files every once in a while, since I don't think they're doing any harm.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
Is there a good utility to format the sd card so that they are compatible? I have an 8 gig that works well that's never been formatted but a 2 gig that i've reformatted doesn't work at all. they are both fat 32.
Thanks for the help.
http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/ Works great for me. Tried multiple cards in linux and would give me constant superblock errors when booting. Used this in 7 and worked great on a 2g sd and 8g sdhc.

Great work on this and I cannot wait until this becomes a completely usable system. Bluetooth is a big deal breaker for a lot of us I imagine, but if the geeks working on this keep up at the pace they are going now I am sure we will be seeing a great rom in the near future! So much better than the linux projects for both the 6700 and 6800 which have seemed to have stalled completely.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

rojeet is a n00b

this is awesome! thanks for creating this thread! you are right, the gsensor is in a world of its own. I have no idea why its acting so wierd. I will use it for a while and post any problems. right now wifi isnt working so im working on that. Does anybody know to get it to look like the htc hero? i have been researching this and found beautiful widgets and all the other ones. but is there a way to port htc's version of sense just as it has been done for windows mobile?
Old 01-10-2010, 05:55 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

To get it to look like the Hero, you'd need a different system.sqsh with the HTC Sense stuff bundled in. As far as I know, no one has built such a system file that is compatible with the Raphael. I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but it hasn't yet.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

rojeet is a n00b

oh okay, thanks for the info. this build is the best one ive tried so far. Its far more stable than the ones on the other forum i looked at. so far no major issues other than the ones we already know about.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok, maybe someone here can help me out a bit... I have read through this thread a number of times, but I havent seen anyone here wo has my issue. I grabbed the Eclair build, unzipped it to my SD card root, replaced the modules and zimage and startup.txt from the bottom of the first post. click on Haret and it tried to boot. I get a screen that says booting linux, my task bar with radio signal, batt meter ect... gets dropped to the bottom of the screen, my phone vibrates three times and I get a weird colored bar vertically on the upper left of my screen and it sits. right there... nothing happenes. at all. ever. no matter how long I let it sit.

what am I doing wrong? I left the modules in the folder. I took them out of the folder and put them on the root. still no dice.

I wiped my SD card and reformatted it using sdformatter 2.0. then put ONLY the android stuff back on... nothing.

I cant even get this thing to boot so I can complain about not having data working.

what am I missing? this is a standard verizon Touch pro with a sandisk 8g sd card.

could some one tell me exactly what I need on the root so I can compare it to what I have and see what i have wrong? or zip what you use that boots on your TP and let me use it? this is driving me nuts here.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:25 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

You've got a RAPH500 (Verizon Touch Pro), not a RAPH800. There's a problem that causes the framebuffer not to initialize correctly on them. There are additional problems, but that's the big one keeping it from booting up, as far as I know.

I don't know what the status of a fix for that is, as I don't have a RAPH500 to test out.

Sorry about that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux