PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

shiverz26 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

pumped for the new AIO.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

I personally tried 7-10-10 release of 2.2, and i got to admit, it IS slower then 6-13-10 2.1 android on my touch pro (cdma) even with both using turbo command. Less "Wait to.." prompts YES, BUT more noticable random lag's of responsiveness throughout. BUT, everything also works out the box (added internet setting and worked fine, just like in 2.1 to add to get data working), but biggest thing was video's and youtube video's don't flicker at all in 2.2, where as all video's on 2.1 (6-13-10) flicker bad.

Over all, 2.1 seems more more speedy and less (if at all) lag when selecting something or moving screen, or going to applications screen, but has flickering video's when playing. (Unless there's some special option i don't know about to fix this.), but still pretty good.

Tried the 2.1 build with Sense (since i use NRG s2.5 cookie rom's, and just love sense because of it.) but it is more random lag with selecting stuff here and there like 2.2 is, and VGA (i use touch pro cmda-sprint) has some little positioning glitches still, which is ok, like weather is weird, and links have bottom text cut off.

I would say the 6-13 posted here is the over all fastest and best working. Sure some games done play and exit after clicking the link, but I would personally use it daily if it weren't for camera/camcorder, as is not working in 2.2 either. Deal breaker for me, but love android after giving it a chance, and faster then WM6.5 in my opinion, after messing with my best friends EVO the other day, and seeing how cool it actually is.

Last edited by djdafreund; 07-11-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Gps works

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2010, 03:02 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88fingerslukee View Post
I cannot get data working on Froyo. I'm on Bell and when I go to the APN list there is nothing there. I can't add an APN because when I change the MMC or MNC settings it makes the APN I create disappear.

One thing that's weird is that /data/etc/apns-conf.xml and /system/etc/apns-conf.xml differ. The one in /system/ is correct and contains a huge list of APNs. The one in /data/ only lists T-Mobile APNs. I tried copying the complete file into /data/etc but that doesn't work. I've tried to turn data on and off to see if I connect but that doesn't work either. I also tried editing the apns-conf.xml file that is in /data/etc but to no avail.

I formatted my SD card (full format) and still nothing.

If I soft reset the phone all the /data/ settings I changed are wiped out.

Can somebody please help me out?
The /data/etc/apns-conf.xml is probably getting copied over from the rootfs, from /init.etc/apns-conf.xml. I'm still not really sure why it works like that (it's obviously not ideal). Maybe just trash the one in init.etc and see if it falls back to the /system version.

After the initial boot, I don't think it matters anyway, since that data all gets populated into the database -- I'm not even sure it continues to look at apns-conf.xml after that.

If manually adding the APN (with MCC/MNC of 310/995) didn't fix your data (after a reboot and a little pause and a deep breath to make sure it had a chance to get up and running) then your problem isn't the APN.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
The /data/etc/apns-conf.xml is probably getting copied over from the rootfs, from /init.etc/apns-conf.xml. I'm still not really sure why it works like that (it's obviously not ideal). Maybe just trash the one in init.etc and see if it falls back to the /system version.

After the initial boot, I don't think it matters anyway, since that data all gets populated into the database -- I'm not even sure it continues to look at apns-conf.xml after that.

If manually adding the APN (with MCC/MNC of 310/995) didn't fix your data (after a reboot and a little pause and a deep breath to make sure it had a chance to get up and running) then your problem isn't the APN.
I think you have to copy the 2.1 APN settings. On my phone it has an APN with "CDMA Generic" in the name field and "internet" in the APN field. Everything else has "not set".

I haven't tried this for 2.2 because I had to go back to 2.1 to check and haven't yet reloaded Froyo. Can somebody test?
Old 07-11-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

I personally did the exact same basic thing for 2.2 as i did for 2.1 for APN. It didn't start data immediately to bare in mind. It takes like maybe a minute, so don't sweat it if you load up a browser and get a blank page right after. Give it a minute and you should see the signal bar (3D with up/down below it if sprint) after then. It did that for me also, this is normal though.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
I personally did the exact same basic thing for 2.2 as i did for 2.1 for APN. It didn't start data immediately to bare in mind. It takes like maybe a minute, so don't sweat it if you load up a browser and get a blank page right after. Give it a minute and you should see the signal bar (3D with up/down below it if sprint) after then. It did that for me also, this is normal though.
Thanks. That's exactly what I just found. Got a chance to try it and it's working. Now to test Froyo.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
Gps works

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Dang. Did you do anything special to get it working?? mine won't lock on. I don't have service on the device could that be the issue?
Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
Dang. Did you do anything special to get it working?? mine won't lock on. I don't have service on the device could that be the issue?
I don't think so, but I know it does help get a lock faster (if I understand how aGPS works, that is...)

When you open Google Maps, does the little symbol that GPS is trying to get a fix pop up in the notification bar? If not, you may have it turned off in the "Location" settings page. So go to the global Settings, then Location & Security. Make sure "Use GPS Satellites" is checked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
I personally tried 7-10-10 release of 2.2, and i got to admit, it IS slower then 6-13-10 2.1 android on my touch pro (cdma) even with both using turbo command.
I could not disagree more. This new build is SO fast, I don't even have turbo mode enabled, no OC, just a fresh build... wow! I'm loving it... We'll see how the battery stands up.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-11-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
When you open Google Maps, does the little symbol that GPS is trying to get a fix pop up in the notification bar?
It definitely pops up and it keeps cycling like it's searching but i've let it go for over 10-15 min, and still no lock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux