PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

i been using the glossy android ever since an its been great....livewallpapers starfield an mistify is the best to show off i dont know about the overclocking tho i see no difference...other then that im pretty sure this is as good as it should get...a wave a of new smart phones are on there way with the hardware for android....IMHO winmo is waiting to snatch something from apple or google to retain its users....
Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO
Carrier: Sprint

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So idk if i ever threw this out their but i think i mite have found a piece to the puzzle of the battery...

see here--> W/BatterystatusImpl( 1193): Couldnt get kernel wake lock status.

Could that be it?? My guess is that it looks like a kernel is jacked up n needs some repair lol
Old 04-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
My guess is that it looks like a kernel is jacked up n needs some repair lol
Is that your professional opinion? Haha! Yea, there's probably a lot of little things that need patching... but unless you're an expert on the Linux kernel, especially for embedded devices it is very difficult to get your head around the code. If you can help, great! If not... well testing & debugging are helpful, which is about all I'm good for
Old 04-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Is that your professional opinion? Haha! Yea, there's probably a lot of little things that need patching... but unless you're an expert on the Linux kernel, especially for embedded devices it is very difficult to get your head around the code. If you can help, great! If not... well testing & debugging are helpful, which is about all I'm good for

Hahah Trying my best to see what i can do man.. its a mission trying to make your way around lol. I do have a mac at home if that can do some help, just gonna need some guides along the way
Old 04-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
All current builds should have overclocking built in to the kernel.
thats good to know, the ones I had found only overclocked with an app within android and since this one was from a command that auto boots it overclocked, may have been more stable than those with just the app since the cpu is clocked higher from the gitgo...

GOOD TO KNOW. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:17 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
So idk if i ever threw this out their but i think i mite have found a piece to the puzzle of the battery...

see here--> W/BatterystatusImpl( 1193): Couldnt get kernel wake lock status.

Could that be it?? My guess is that it looks like a kernel is jacked up n needs some repair lol
Hmm. Not sure what the deal with the wake lock would be. That would be something that'd keep the system from going into low power (i.e. power collapse) mode. There are definitely things that wake it up from power collapse, and they need to be tracked down... I'm not sure whether or not that's one of them.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

makk, with the newer systems coming out, do you forsee developement on the 2.01 and 2.1 kernals still moving forward? or when 2.2 comes out will there be no point in the older systems and we get to (for the most part) start over?
Old 04-30-2010, 08:08 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Frankly, I've been out of step with the scene for the last month or so, so I'm not totally sure what the new developments are shaping up like. Stinebd has provided the glue to build off the unmodified AOSP sources, so I imagine (/hope) more and more will shift to use that. It's clean, it stays up to date courtesy of the main android devs, and has a minimum of weird, strangely sourced binaries. For the curious, instructions are here.

I don't know exactly how the AOSP moves, compared to released ROMs, though. As for what version of Android will get the most attention, my guess is on the latest one that's functional, with the others getting a little less. (Though Donut ROMs are still popular on Vogue, so going forward, who knows.)

The kernel, of course, will continue on, separate from all these concerns. There tend to be tweaks necessary for different Android releases, but most of the kernel work helps with all Android versions.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint BlackBerry 8330 on Boost Mobile w/ Full BIS
Carrier: Boost Mobile/Sprint

SilverSpoonCells is a n00b

I tried it but it sucks (needs more work).
I like it better but when I am using the phone I can't hear people and people cannot hear me.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Well I just used the source from the XDA tree on Gitorious and well it have a few more initial steps to get it to compile vs compiling the main android branch but I don't have to worry about copying in the other stuff. I'll post more back as I mess with the build

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux