PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

played with it last night.

no internet i searched and followed the 15 or so steps from the other page and got the data working. thanks 15 step (wo)man (it worked for me after step 8, btw) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=397

no apps/games/other (console said it was omitting those directories). no dice on those apps even when i moved them from their folders to the root and deleted the data file to start over. i used my new found data connection to download the file explorer app and manually install the other apps. there may have been a fix but i didn't search it.

i tried the newest gen.y internal version. it doesn't recognize android, so i can only boot winmo. i didn't search yet. i think i'm going to uninstall it for now and just use a shortcut.

i'm liking it so far though. it feels pretty fast.

i think i'm going to call my droid hybrid "bender", because i feel like when i mentally beg it not to chug my battery like malt liquor, it's telling me to bite it's cracked "chrome" ass.

Last edited by akastixx; 02-25-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropZone9540 View Post
+1 Agreed... Speakerphone quiet too, although ringer and media volumes in YouTube are okay.
ya, thats one thing I have noticed too, is the speaker is extremely low and so is the in call volume.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

The phone autorotates just fine when I slide the keyboard out, but when I push the keyboard in, its stays in landscape mode...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

If the auto rotate is turned on, it is kind of glitchy. I had to tip mine over to the right almost 45* before it would switch back. It is usually recommended to turn that off. Settings -> display -> orientation I think is where it is located.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I've never experienced that. If someone who's having that problem wants to do a little test, I think this could provide a little insight into where the problem is.

Rename your system.sqsh to system.sqsh.backup. Try to boot android. It will get to the rootfs init script, fail to find the system image, and drop you to a command line.

Type some things. Type a bunch of things. Wait a few minutes and type some more things. If you can reproduce the bug at this level, then it's a kernel problem. If you can't, then it's an android problem.

I don't know where I'd put my money at this point. Kernel's probably easier to debug, so let's go with that.

i gave this a shot. renamed the file, boot sequence stopped so i typed in a few lines of text. sat the phone down for a while and then it must have tried to reload b/c the text started moving on its own. i tried typing again and it still worked. i don't want to say android is the issue b/c i fear it might just be my phone's cables acting up again. the part i find weird is that once it starts to hiccup, it totally quits shortly there after. no amount of squeezing the keyboard will bring it back.

i made 2 additional attempts to do what you asked and the keyboard never quit working.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

what are all of the FSCKxxxx files? they apprear to be multiplying my my card root.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (Sero)

distaula is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
what are all of the FSCKxxxx files? they apprear to be multiplying my my card root.
They appear each boot because the file system doesn't get un-mounted properly on reset. You can just delete them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

this works great im actually typing this from my touch pro using android vnc and tightvnc on my home computer. it took 5 mins to set up. if anyone gets stuck trying it out let me know. its fully functional just refreshes a lil too slow for me.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i have never had an issue with my kb. when i get too frustrated with the typos on the on screen kb i usually switch to the hardkb and have never had an issue with it.

do you ever have issues in winmo with your kb?

and i always turn the auto rotation off too. everytime it flips it doesn't like to flip back. but with it off it stays where i want it and if i pull the kb out, it flips for me still. puch kb back in and back to strait it goes for me.

has anyone noticed the latest kernal is a little buggy? i seem to have more issues with freezes and reboots with this version than i did the earlier ones.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Noticed something earlier, the keys are more of an overlay than keys like a normal device. I was spraying the phone with some compressed air to cool it off (was going to try to clock how fast it heated up and test some stuff) and noticed some of the keys came up in groups somewhat. Kind of hard to explain. Could that be why some people are having trouble with it, something underneath maybe?

By the latest kernal, do you mean the last from the 18th that fixed power collapse? If so, yeah, I think I have had more problems waking up from sleep and random extreeeeeme lag than the one from before that which fixed the mic. I haven't tried any of the autobuilds yet. Been busy with rewiring my home network and arguing with my ISP...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux