PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

this might sound stupid, but does anyone use the facebook widget? mine never updates. i added my account to the sync list, but the only time it syncs is when i first add it. maybe i just don't understand how to use it? **edit** i figured out if i manually go in and force it to sync with facebook the widget will update, but i have gone 1-2 days with android running it it never seems to sync by itself.

also has anyone figured out how to change the wallpaper other than to download a wallpaper app? i want to use a picture i have saved on my card, but nothing i have tried will let me select it.

Last edited by tom6433; 03-01-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
this might sound stupid, but does anyone use the facebook widget? mine never updates. i added my account to the sync list, but the only time it syncs is when i first add it. maybe i just don't understand how to use it? **edit** i figured out if i manually go in and force it to sync with facebook the widget will update, but i have gone 1-2 days with android running it it never seems to sync by itself.
If you turn off background data it wont update unless you do manual update. If you leave it on it updates ever hour or so (you can set it from the pref in the app).
Quote:
also has anyone figured out how to change the wallpaper other than to download a wallpaper app? i want to use a picture i have saved on my card, but nothing i have tried will let me select it.
That was unfortunately removed some time ago. It was a app that didn't work right, well I cant remember right now why it got removed. Maybe someone can chime in.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok, i'm still trying to get somewhere on this mms issue. the "stock" mms.apk, where is this file in our system? i think i am downloading and testing different mms.apk but i'm not sure if they are actually installing (just throwing them in the androidapps folder).
Old 03-01-2010, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

CrossXcalibur is just getting started

One of the biggest benefits of the Winmo platform is using it as a wifi hotspot. I have been searching for ways to do that with android and have come across the process called 'rooting'. Since this version of Android is run off of the SD card this process cannot be accomplished, at least from what I understand. Is there any way to use wifi in Android as it is running off of the SD card as a hotspot as I can with Winmo? Just a curious query...
Old 03-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
Does this new file fix up the tweaking out ove the battery? cause that battery i tell ya is a killer when trying to surf the web..lol........... chrialex everything is up n running thats suppose to no problems w the new rootfs
I was at 85% with no other task in the taskbar, got a phone call, talked for about 5 min, and I was at 70%...WOW, battery is really an issue
Old 03-01-2010, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: help
Carrier: sprint

randy021186 is a n00b

everything works pretty good, just one quick problem, how do you hit ok ....example: i am at the kill task screen and there is no ok button
Old 03-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mcss is a n00b

Hmm, on the new release I CDMA data doesn't seem to be working anymore...tried changing/resetting APN's, switching to and from airplane mode...connection appears up and I get the 3G Icon, but can not browse the web or get to the market...Really hope I don't need a new data.img
Old 03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
ok, i'm still trying to get somewhere on this mms issue. the "stock" mms.apk, where is this file in our system? i think i am downloading and testing different mms.apk but i'm not sure if they are actually installing (just throwing them in the androidapps folder).
I don't know if you'll need to delete the mms app from the system.sqsh before it'll read another one from somewhere else. To do that, you'd need to unpack system.sqsh, remove the file, and repack it. It's a bit of a hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossXcalibur View Post
One of the biggest benefits of the Winmo platform is using it as a wifi hotspot. I have been searching for ways to do that with android and have come across the process called 'rooting'. Since this version of Android is run off of the SD card this process cannot be accomplished, at least from what I understand. Is there any way to use wifi in Android as it is running off of the SD card as a hotspot as I can with Winmo? Just a curious query...
They're rooted. They're so rooted. 'rooting' just refers to enabling access to the root user. When you build the system from scratch, the root user is enabled.

I think there's some issue with the iptables setup, and maybe with enabling the wifi and the EVDO connection at the same time. I think karafa has tried to get it working, but no luck so far. USB networking in windows is sort of a minefield, so that's not really an option at this point. (Though something could probably be worked out with proxy servers over ADB.)
Old 03-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

updated to the newest files, booted into android 2-3 times and now it gets stuck at the nexus boot graphic. not sure if anyone else has experienced this or not. going to try starting from scratch again. i really, really want to use this so i am glad there are still people working on it. i wish i could help, but i am not savy in this way.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:22 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy021186 View Post
everything works pretty good, just one quick problem, how do you hit ok ....example: i am at the kill task screen and there is no ok button
Long press on the item, or on the center button on the d-pad, should bring up the options. If I'm remembering correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcss View Post
Hmm, on the new release I CDMA data doesn't seem to be working anymore...tried changing/resetting APN's, switching to and from airplane mode...connection appears up and I get the 3G Icon, but can not browse the web or get to the market...Really hope I don't need a new data.img
Did you get the new rootfs? The rootfs bundled with the latest xdandroid release broke data.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux