View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
ok, i'm still trying to get somewhere on this mms issue. the "stock" mms.apk, where is this file in our system? i think i am downloading and testing different mms.apk but i'm not sure if they are actually installing (just throwing them in the androidapps folder).
I don't know if you'll need to delete the mms app from the system.sqsh before it'll read another one from somewhere else. To do that, you'd need to unpack system.sqsh, remove the file, and repack it. It's a bit of a hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossXcalibur View Post
One of the biggest benefits of the Winmo platform is using it as a wifi hotspot. I have been searching for ways to do that with android and have come across the process called 'rooting'. Since this version of Android is run off of the SD card this process cannot be accomplished, at least from what I understand. Is there any way to use wifi in Android as it is running off of the SD card as a hotspot as I can with Winmo? Just a curious query...
They're rooted. They're so rooted. 'rooting' just refers to enabling access to the root user. When you build the system from scratch, the root user is enabled.

I think there's some issue with the iptables setup, and maybe with enabling the wifi and the EVDO connection at the same time. I think karafa has tried to get it working, but no luck so far. USB networking in windows is sort of a minefield, so that's not really an option at this point. (Though something could probably be worked out with proxy servers over ADB.)
This post has been thanked 1 times.