PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

vi316435 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

I wanted to copy the data profile from a moment or a hero (sprint only) and manualy put the data configurations in order to get mms up but what i noticed about the android build on page one is that the connections are completly different from that of a CDMA device that already has data configured. Now not entirely sure, i will go into a verizon store and see Droid's data profile configurations and compile a way to maybe copy the APN settings if APN settings are present on Droid's build. The reason for 1.5 is to maybe copy the data profile from a moment or hero and manualy change the settings for ##3282# to work and who knows maybe ##786# will work as well. This fix will only work for sprint touch pros or other CDMA providers touch pro or pro 2. (now "bear" with me on this as i want to help out as much as i can and as dumb as the questions i may be asking, the sprint and verizon network's are the ones that I am best knoledged at.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:15 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm not sure how fruitful a path that is. (I'm also completely uneducated as regards MMS -- Sprint's implementation has always been so abysmal, and I've always had phones that could do email, so... who cares?) It sounds like you've got way more of a feel for MMS than I do, but these Frankenstein's Monster GSM-build-on-a-CDMA-phone devices are definitely put together in a very strange way, and what works on regular Android devices might not be all that useful. Fair warning.

That said, I would imagine the best starting points are: hamagc got sending working, in this post. (I tried his settings, I wasn't able to actually send audio or video, but the mms gateway (?) worked, which seems like a big hurdle.)

The people over at xda developers have been putting some work in to getting MMS working on Sprint on the Vogue-Android port, here, as well as in other threads. Their work almost certainly won't translate to our devices, as they use a different RIL, but some lurking over there could figure out where the issues are and what needs to be modified in the MMS app to get things up and running. There's also a lot of boards about native android devices, and some hacking in the mms app going on there, which might also be of use -- I'm not sure.

I won't discourage you from checking out how it's done on real CDMA Android devices, because that could be quite valuable... but I think whatever you find from them will have to be mangled pretty heavily to fit into our devices.

Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

willisium is a n00b

Twist, I am in the same boat as you with the 3g showing but I have no connection via the browser/market place but I am able to send/receive sms.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:18 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I was wrong. It wasn't the APNs at all. They work perfectly, and a fresh build doesn't even need all that dancing around to get it up and running anymore.

But the rootfs was a little broken. Grab the latest one from Stinebd's rootfs build service and all should be well. It looks like we finally have an out-of-the-box working xdandroid system on raph800. I'll be updating the first post shortly.

(Well, to clarify, it doesn't work out of the box. But it works exactly as well as the gsm version out of the box. Close enough. )
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TWiST is just getting started

I copied over the new rootfs and it is all running dandy now!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Google voice still does not work I go to call and the call just ends right after it says dialing the 916 number UGH I really was hoping for google voice support.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:54 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

TWiST: Do you have trouble dialing numbers that start with a plus (+)? I know a number of people were having trouble with that, and since GVoice dials the access number with a + at the start, it fails.

For some reason, it's never been an issue for me. It's worked flawlessly on my device for a while. I do wonder if that's because I installed it and set it up with an older version of the system, but I haven't looked at it very closely, since it never gave me any trouble.

Everyone: First page updated. Tell me if anything's unclear. Hopefully from here on out, the amount of tweaking necessary for CDMA will diminish.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

willisium is a n00b

Yes, the rootfs.img seemed to be the issue for me also. sms works, phone works, browser/market place. I shall try some more apps now.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro MightyRom6(7-18-09)
Carrier: Sprint (sero 500 F&F)

craig198 is just getting started

glad they are still updating xandroid! cant wait to try out the build. I get so confused as to the dating on builds. day.month.year when I was downloading I thought it was jan 3rd 2010 and I was like thats old man.

so top priority should be getting power drain fixed. any idea on how thats coming?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Another fresh build, gonna nab it in a sec, nothing major though here is the change log.

Author: Bryan Stine
Date: Sun Feb 28 18:59:19 2010 -0500

Set suid bit on pppd and su. git does not preserve suid.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux