PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Ah. Crappy. (I just use Backgrounds, from the market, but I don't think it lets you set your own pictures.)
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

New question

I am getting ready wipe and reinstall Xandroid, wondering if there is anyway to save a couple of the Marketplace apps I have downloaded, or will I just need to download them again?

Also, once the startup.txt file is pulled from the startup config files folder, is there any reason to keep the folder?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

No reason to keep the folder after the correct startup.txt file use grabbed. As far as the apps, there are a few programs that back them up and alert you to updates, aTrackDog from the market is what I use. However, I don't know if the update notices work after a rebuild of the data.img if you reinstall manually. Last I knew they had to be installed from the market to allow you to update them through there in the future.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
New question

I am getting ready wipe and reinstall Xandroid, wondering if there is anyway to save a couple of the Marketplace apps I have downloaded, or will I just need to download them again?

Also, once the startup.txt file is pulled from the startup config files folder, is there any reason to keep the folder?
If you have a terminal app you should be able to go to /data/app and copy the the apk's you want using the 'cp' command. then from there just move them to the AndroidApps folder.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's what I do, but it does leave you out in the cold when it comes to updates from the market. Seems like that could have been designed better on their part (i.e. either search all your installed apps to see if there are updates on the market, or save your list of installed apps to your account, so they could be easily reinstalled on a new device/after a hard reset).
Old 04-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Ah. Crappy. (I just use Backgrounds, from the market, but I don't think it lets you set your own pictures.)
I have a picture ove meghan fox that i took from online n put it in as my wallpaper... never got a force closeing message.. but it does let you set a wallpaper
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic & Raph800

mj41374 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

The gallery works, you can view them, but you can't set them as wallpaper (you get one of those android.[some proccess] errors) or do anything else with them that I am aware of.
Correct - I have had the same experience. You can view but can't set as wallpaper.

I'm also running a clean-install of the 3-31 all-in-one package on a new 512MB sdcard.

Will try sdrescan app and report back.

Last edited by mj41374; 04-28-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
I have a picture ove meghan fox that i took from online n put it in as my wallpaper... never got a force closeing message.. but it does let you set a wallpaper
go ahead and post that I think it would help with further development
Old 04-28-2010, 04:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic & Raph800

mj41374 is just getting started

OK, can't find sdrescan in the market. Also did a clean re-install of 3-31 all-in-one package (on a 2gb sdcard) and still no go. In Gallery, I can set an image (crop/resize) as a contact picture, but when I go to set it as a wallpaper I get:

Sorry!
The application Camera
(process com.android.gallery)
has stopped unexpectedly.
Please try again.
[Force Close]

FYI: The Backgrounds app works fine in setting the Wallpaper. (Coincidentally the Multi-Touch Gallery apps get the same com.android.gallery error as the std gallery.) So, since I at least have something to set my photos (albeit with annoying 'frames') as Wallpapers - I'll shut-up now
System: 1.32.651.6
PRI: 1.40_003 (60664 PRL)

Last edited by mj41374; 04-28-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the camera's not working, this probably isn't going to work.

I honestly don't get why people are worrying about stuff like this when a lot of the basic things are still not working. I mean if we were flashing this to our phones, stuff like this would make sense. But we're running the builds off of our SD cards for testing, NOT for getting wallpapers in and listening to music... Right?!?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux